1 hour ago, chcarlson23 said:

I don’t know why they’re pushing the letter “A” farther up on the “U”

I’d push it down if anything...

Probably to get rid of the little shards and tight intersections where the serifs of the U meet the angles of the A.

You’ll also notice that they didn’t actually move the A up. They actually moved it down (check how the serifs of the A meet the curves of the U), but then they made the U a little shorter so the two characters are the same height (the U was much taller than the A before, which is kinda strange if you think about the hierarchy). I think you have to be careful about moving the A too low in their logo because there’s a tipping point where it starts to read as UA rather than AU.

Someone brought it up above, and I agree the end result of this update is that the characters don’t read as individual letters quite as well, but I think that’s okay. A monogram isn’t necessarily intended to be read like a word. It’s intended to exist as a distinctive shape and/or composition that happens to be made of the pertinent character(s). I think the changes they made here result in a much more clean and concise composition and form without sacrificing the equity and recognizability for the average person.

40 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Probably to get rid of the little shards and tight intersections where the serifs of the U meet the angles of the A.

You’ll also notice that they didn’t actually move the A up. They actually moved it down (check how the serifs of the A meet the curves of the U), but then they made the U a little shorter so the two characters are the same height (the U was much taller than the A before, which is kinda strange if you think about the hierarchy). I think you have to be careful about moving the A too low in their logo because there’s a tipping point where it starts to read as UA rather than AU.

Someone brought it up above, and I agree the end result of this update is that the characters don’t read as individual letters quite as well, but I think that’s okay. A monogram isn’t necessarily intended to be read like a word. It’s intended to exist as a distinctive shape and/or composition that happens to be made of the pertinent character(s). I think the changes they made here result in a much more clean and concise composition and form without sacrificing the equity and recognizability for the average person.

They made to change to remove the white spaces at the top. Thinking it was embroidery issues that warranted the change, but Auburn hasn't said anything just yet.

Posted (edited)

I kinda want these..

EDIT: All Jordan Brand schools may get this look as Florida showed theirs this week.

Edited by dfwabel
tweet added

18 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Someone has caught a look at the new white jerseys for Oregon.  Main change is that the logos, font, and numbers are now green instead of black.

Boy, the retail version is PLAIN without the additional patches. It's a crime to charge above $75 for that.

Vanderbilt Commodores Unveil “Battle Ready” Alternate Football Uniforms

August 10, 2019 - 23:34 PM

The Vanderbilt Commodores unveiled brand new “Battle Ready” alternate uniforms during the football program’s annual fan event, Dore Jam, on Saturday afternoon. The all-gray uniforms follow the same design template as the black home and white road set Vanderbilt unveiled […]

Read More...

Ugh.  That headline is everything wrong with college athletics. 

I didn't bother to click into the nonsense.  What makes them "battle ready"?  Or at least any more "battle ready" than what they usually wear?  Are they made of chainmail?  Kevlar?  Why wouldn't other teams want uniforms that are "battle ready" so that they're not at a disadvantage?

I like Vandy's gray uniforms. They shoehorned gray into their primary uniforms, so having a gray uniform isn't completely out of left field. It would make sense that a team called the COMMODORES would have a uniform themed after a naval battleship. The 82 rivets is a nice touch to honor Turner Cockrell.

I am just happy to see Vanderbilt getting something other than stock designs out of Nike.

I haven’t really caught up with college football uniforms in a long time, but it appears to me that we’re getting away from the god awful era of uniforms that plagued most of this decade. Soon it’ll be a funny memory like 70s fashion

Why are there so many unveilings this year where they don’t actually show a good shot of the uniform? I feel like the new trend is to just take a bunch of pictures from weird angles in a dark room and leave it at that. 

I have NO idea if these are good or bad because, again, I can’t see them.

I get annoyed every time I even see a video announcing uniforms. Just post the pictures. I don't care how well edited your video is, I just want to see what stupid or boring idea (Look! a black or grey or white uniform! It's fire/different/clean/icy!) has been put forth.

I'm not sure how people think that NC State uni is  "a clean look". The mannequin looks like a cement truck exploded on him and the adidas-heavy shoulder stripes always looked bad.

17 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

I have NO idea if these are good or bad because, again, I can’t see them. 

For some reason, that's been my experience with the new season of Madden mobile.

NC State could use more red there. 

New alternate for Maryland

(via RT from Clintau24)

Expect to see multiple Under Armour schools announce some throwbacks today, including South Carolina. 

28 minutes ago, EvanAllMighty4 said:

Expect to see multiple Under Armour schools announce some throwbacks today, including South Carolina. 

Don't expect anything from Cal. We already have the Joe Roth throwbacks, which is planned for the USC game this year (it alternates between UCLA & USC each year) as well as our current yellow alternate. Don't see anything new that we could do besides a new helmet but we have stuck to the regular helmets since we retired the white helmet before the switch to UA