College Football 2019

29texan

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teaser video for the Ducks’ new uniforms:

This video only shows glimpses of the green set, but the whole set will likely be unveiled tomorrow at a season ticket holder/athletic fund barbecue event.

Edit- And now a teaser for what looks like the new white set (with the green helmet, obviously):

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Under Armour Unveils School Heritage Uniforms For 150th Anniversary Of College Football

August 16, 2019 - 18:30 PM

Several Under Armour schools took to Twitter earlier this week to unveil throwback uniforms as part of the apparel company’s “School Heritage” line, which commemorates the 150th anniversary of college football’s first game. From Under Armour’s press release: Fans storming […]

Read More...

If the Ducks do indeed have a white uniform with green accents as has been all but confirmed, it would be the first time wearing Green-White-White since 2016 at Cal. In 2017 they went chrome wing and yellow with their white sets and in 2018 they only wore the chrome and black helmets with their white away set. 

spacer.png

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

20 minutes ago, Green27 said:

If the Ducks do indeed have a white uniform with green accents as has been all but confirmed, it would be the first time wearing Green-White-White since 2016 at Cal. In 2017 they went chrome wing and yellow with their white sets and in 2018 they only wore the chrome and black helmets with their white away set. 

spacer.png

Yep, it should be a really nice look. Here’s a mockup of what the green/white/white combo should look like with the new set:

spacer.png

And some mockups of a few other possible road combos:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

In addition, I would expect them to still have the chrome helmets in rotation, and it’s always possible that they have another helmet that they’ll be unveiling (possible a white helmet option, etc).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I’m sorry but Oregon will always be too clownish to be considered a nice look until they change the ridiculous number font and font size, the lack of color balance, the unnecessary use of grey black and chrome, the green on green helmets, the robo-wing design, and the poor uniform combinations. They try waaay to hard to be hip and cool and modern that it makes them some of the worst dressed teams in all of sports

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

5 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

p3549392598-4.jpg?ts=8U1&tk=x3q8z5GmmNznaE0_9HMkr2Vdgod6IdE-6-GbZgT155w=&v=2&visitor=za-C7D71gaVTEx0GuOotjISycYsAAAAA5H3lpy5Tl5hU&auth=exp=1566086399~acl=%2Fcdn2%2Fpub%2Fpvmthqa46i2m%2F%2A~hmac=6803f8f1ca34ee5a6adac5fe17feee90

What are the odds they get told those numbers on the white jerseys aren't legal? 

here's a video of their release. I think they'll be fine as lots of teams do "chrome" numbers

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

52 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

I’m sorry but Oregon will always be too clownish to be considered a nice look until they change the ridiculous number font and font size, the lack of color balance, the unnecessary use of grey black and chrome, the green on green helmets, the robo-wing design, and the poor uniform combinations. They try waaay to hard to be hip and cool and modern that it makes them some of the worst dressed teams in all of sports

With all your suggestions, you basically want them to look like the Green Packers.  Oregon isn't a traditional football school so they shouldn't try looking like one either.

7 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

With all your suggestions, you basically want them to look like the Green Packers.  Oregon isn't a traditional football school so they shouldn't try looking like one either.

The "we aren't traditional" thing is getting old. 

4 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

The "we aren't traditional" thing is getting old. 

Agreed, there’s plenty of tradition that Oregon has. Now is just a bastardized version with large numbers 

3 hours ago, Webfooter said:

I’m asking for a traditional, normal design for Oregon, just because they’re green and yellow doesn’t mean they’re the packers, you can have several good designs with a green and yellow color schemes, Green Bay is only one. Oregon however, definitely isn’t 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Oregon has looked their best when all of the pieces of their uniforms are cohesive and tied together. Even when they would wear black, gray, volt, carbon, and chrome -- it worked.  

(Spoiler to hide the wall of photos).

Spoiler

107373558_original.jpg?1293040458

106632282_original.jpg?1290104932

Nevada+v+Oregon+CXV9CI98Jmax.jpg

110903LSUORERT-0141.jpguo-asujpg-cd6587eb8682b202.jpg

Josh_huff_oregon_2012.jpg

slide_366576_4311440_free.jpg

6771722.jpg

8bfc92cd6f7e07343c108e3e949eda59.jpg

MarkJTerrillAP.jpg

I don't think they necessarily need green AND yellow to look like Oregon. That said, green and yellow will always look great together, even with chrome and some shiny finishes. 

6f867388f1e9918fedd127983d41e1e1_crop_no

I think the problem ultimately lies here --

DiffusionOfInnovation.png

You used to be able to turn on the TV and know immediately it was Oregon playing, even if they weren't wearing any school colors. They were flashy and like no one else in football. But they no longer stand out using their uniform recipe since everyone has caught up. So many other programs have used BFBS, GFGS, chrome, carbon, etc. It's not unique or original anymore.

What do they do? Strip down to a pretty boring/basic look to reset the trend and throw some MASSIVE numbers on it because they still need some form of identifiable thing that is distinct and theirs alone. 

They ultimately went wrong with CFCS -- change for change sake. They really should have kept the style and looks they had from those 2 sets used between 2009 and 2014. It was perfectly untraditional. Mix it up with different colors and finishes and let that be your traditional uniform. Instead, they jumped the shark in 2015 by trying to continue to innovate and the rest is history. 

Side note -- it'll be fun for us in 30 years or so when they "throw back" to the Mariota set. :P

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

11 hours ago, j'villejags said:

Oregon has looked their best when all of the pieces of their uniforms are cohesive and tied together. Even when they would wear black, gray, volt, carbon, and chrome -- it worked.  

(Spoiler to hide the wall of photos).

Hide contents

107373558_original.jpg?1293040458

106632282_original.jpg?1290104932

Nevada+v+Oregon+CXV9CI98Jmax.jpg

110903LSUORERT-0141.jpguo-asujpg-cd6587eb8682b202.jpg

Josh_huff_oregon_2012.jpg

slide_366576_4311440_free.jpg

6771722.jpg

8bfc92cd6f7e07343c108e3e949eda59.jpg

MarkJTerrillAP.jpg

I don't think they necessarily need green AND yellow to look like Oregon. That said, green and yellow will always look great together, even with chrome and some shiny finishes. 

6f867388f1e9918fedd127983d41e1e1_crop_no

I think the problem ultimately lies here --

DiffusionOfInnovation.png

You used to be able to turn on the TV and know immediately it was Oregon playing, even if they weren't wearing any school colors. They were flashy and like no one else in football. But they no longer stand out using their uniform recipe since everyone has caught up. So many other programs have used BFBS, GFGS, chrome, carbon, etc. It's not unique or original anymore.

What do they do? Strip down to a pretty boring/basic look to reset the trend and throw some MASSIVE numbers on it because they still need some form of identifiable thing that is distinct and theirs alone. 

They ultimately went wrong with CFCS -- change for change sake. They really should have kept the style and looks they had from those 2 sets used between 2009 and 2014. It was perfectly untraditional. Mix it up with different colors and finishes and let that be your traditional uniform. Instead, they jumped the shark in 2015 by trying to continue to innovate and the rest is history. 

Side note -- it'll be fun for us in 30 years or so when they "throw back" to the Mariota set. :P

Man i LOVED when they used the iridescent accents. I remember that first game they debuted the Yellow/Kelly/Yellow set with the chrome wing helmet. I was in awe. That uniform made me feel way more excited than a uniform should. 

I think those newer cleaned up wings (the ones that were half chrome and half kelly) with the previous color scheme (last mariota photo) would've been a perfect look that could have lasted a decade if not more. If not for the tweaking and lack of consistency, a combination of the mariota sets would've been (and certain combos still are) a modern college classic. 

I love those first uniform designs tbh, with the wings on the shoulders, and the proper wings not the tire tracks or robo wings, I just wish they would stick to their colors, green helmets, yellow or green top, yellow or green pants. I’d also reduce their yellow from a volt highlighter yellow to more of a proper athletic yellow. But it’s sad to see such potential wasted

3YCQJRO.png

Cool little display showing some of the Ducks’ uniforms from the last 20 years:

The Ducks are celebrating 20 years since the rebrand of the athletic department and the introduction of the ‘O’ logo, which is what the display is in reference to.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

34 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Official reveal of the Ducks’ new green set:

And we finally know the name of the new Nike template, the Vapor Fusion:
Edit- And now the new yellow set:

Definite improvement for Oregon 

Definite downgrade on the template. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived