College Football 2019

29texan

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

Wait... so they can change from gold numbers on the away jersey to garnet mid-season, but changing the numbers on the home set won’t happen for a whole year? Seriously, what good does announcing a change for the 2020 season do if the 2019 season hasn’t even started yet?

7 minutes ago, jn8 said:

Wait... so they can change from gold numbers on the away jersey to garnet mid-season, but changing the numbers on the home set won’t happen for a whole year? Seriously, what good does announcing a change for the 2020 season do if the 2019 season hasn’t even started yet?

Seems especially odd in college football where every team just wears whatever they want whenever they want. I could see it in the NFL where the league forces advance notice to do something as simple as changing an alternate to a primary like the Broncos did.

31 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

So they are going to “do something” in a year. By that time Nike probably will have a whole new set for them and the coach will he fired after going 3-9 again and “do something” can officially go die and never come back.

1 hour ago, jn8 said:

They really should've sat on this tweet for a while. Good bye week content. It doesn't do much good a week before the season begins because of this reason.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Not that money is an issue with many of these programs, but they're probably holding off until next year when they can switch to the Vapor Fusion template. After all, they're still wearing the Mach Speed template. Swapping out the numbers on the current set would be time consuming, and making all new uniforms for one season (while Oregon rides out its exclusive year) only to update again next year would be stupid financially. 

Florida State Seminoles Announce Return Of White Uniform Numbers

August 23, 2019 - 21:02 PM

During Florida State’s 68th annual kickoff luncheon on Friday afternoon, head coach Willie Taggart announced the Seminoles will bring back white numbers on their garnet home jerseys in 2020. Florida State moved away from white numbers with a department-wide rebrand […]

Read More...

1 hour ago, jn8 said:

22 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

Not that money is an issue with many of these programs, but they're probably holding off until next year when they can switch to the Vapor Fusion template. After all, they're still wearing the Mach Speed template. Swapping out the numbers on the current set would be time consuming, and making all new uniforms for one season (while Oregon rides out its exclusive year) only to update again next year would be stupid financially. 

New AD there, who is a triple graduate of FSU (bachelor’s degree, a master’s degree in Urban and Regional Planning and a JD) so he wants to be able to fundraise on returning to "tradition" where as their attendance has been one of the most dramatic Power 5 declines within the last decade, but for the two Jameis Winston seasons.

5 hours ago, Survival79 said:

This makes me very happy.

It's amazing that it took 5 years to get the uniform to final look how it should have been when it was introduced.

-Fix the helmet/facemask colors so it didn't look mustard/purple.

-Make the numbers on the white jerseys Garnet and not ugly/unreadable gold.

-Make the numbers on the Garnet jersey white. 1. It just looks better and 2. avoid being confused for Boston College.

To their credit though, at least they fixed the issues on my first two bullet points almost immediately. But IDK why this change took 5 years.

Now;

Never wear the Garnet jerseys with any pants but gold and wear mostly white over gold on the road. I'll allow the garnet or white pants on occasion on the road. The entire black set needs to be put out of its misery.

7 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Probably a good call by Florida State.  The current numbers make them look like Boston College. Agreed that it's weird announcing this over a year ahead of time though.

Image result for fsu football

Dont know who'd complain if they just went back to these:

Image result for fsu kelvin benjamin

I sure wouldn't complain. I'm cool with the Unconquered font, but Glades Bold IS Florida State. (They can also stand to get that trim off the sleeves and back to cuff trim, as well--and get back to the former garnet while we're at it.) Either way, great audible on going back to white numbers. Speaking of which...

2 hours ago, Survival79 said:

Bad news... 

Why, Willie, why??? I think in the entire history of Florida State football since I've been born, they've worn white over white maybe only a handful of times, if that. Now you wanna make it a weekly thing? Hopefully someone calls him on it and we get back to our senses (i.e. gold or garnet pants) by the second or third road game.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

51 minutes ago, Buc said:

I sure wouldn't complain. I'm cool with the Unconquered font, but Glades Bold IS Florida State. (They can also stand to get that trim off the sleeves and back to cuff trim, as well--and get back to the former garnet while we're at it.) Either way, great audible on going back to white numbers. Speaking of which...

Why, Willie, why??? I think in the entire history of Florida State football since I've been born, they've worn white over white maybe only a handful of times, if that. Now you wanna make it a weekly thing? Hopefully someone calls him on it and we get back to our senses (i.e. gold or garnet pants) by the second or third road game.

Don't worry, with any luck, Taggart will lose a bunch of games and still fail upward into a new job. Watch for him to go 6-6 and then get offered the job at Notre Dame or Alabama. The new guy can restore the proper FSU look. 

I swear, that guy must be an incredible interviewee.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

6 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Don't worry, with any luck, Taggart will lose a bunch of games and still fail upward into a new job. Watch for him to go 6-6 and then get offered the job at Notre Dame or Alabama. The new guy can restore the proper FSU look. 

I swear, that guy must be an incredible interviewee.

I'm actually pulling for Willie to be some kind of successful this season, if only because of the absolute mess he inherited from Jimbo. Generally it takes about two or three years for a decent change in system/personnel to set in--but we all also know neither the heads nor the media will allow that kind of time. That said, it's the worst-kept secret in Seminole Nation that should this season be another bust and Willie gets sent packing, the heir apparent is already in place on his staff (Kendall Briles)--and it's a thought I'd really rather not think about.

And if he does indeed take over, given the multiple wild on-field looks during his previous coaching regime, we may not even recognize Florida State on the field half the time...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

15 minutes ago, Buc said:

I'm actually pulling for Willie to be some kind of successful this season, if only because of the absolute mess he inherited from Jimbo. Generally it takes about two or three years for a decent change in system/personnel to set in--but we all also know neither the heads nor the media will allow that kind of time. That said, it's the worst-kept secret in Seminole Nation that should this season be another bust and Willie gets sent packing, the heir apparent is already in place on his staff (Kendall Briles)--and it's a thought I'd really rather not think about.

And if he does indeed take over, given the multiple wild on-field looks during his previous coaching regime, we may not even recognize Florida State on the field half the time...

But when he failed up after looking like garbage in Oregon and was left with what people were saying was a better roster and qb when he took over there it does indicate that it’s a trend and that he’s coaching way over his head.

26 minutes ago, dont care said:

But when he failed up after looking like garbage in Oregon and was left with what people were saying was a better roster and qb when he took over there it does indicate that it’s a trend and that he’s coaching way over his head.

He's also dealing with the problem çhildren he inherited from Jimbo. Most of them will be gone after this year, so let's see how it shakes out. And if Kendall Briles is expected to be the next coach, I don't think that's a good idea atcall. I still don't kniw how he got out of Baylor with so little of the damage other coaches have.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

18 hours ago, jn8 said:

Merch sales. The jerseys that will be sold this season are already in stores.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Archived