NFL Playoffs: Super Bowl LIII

Didn't see an already existing thread, so here we go. Discuss, predict, etc.

Wild Card Weekend:

Colts over Texans 20-14. A great grinder of a game, but the Colts just look unstoppable right now.

Seahawks over Cowboys 21-13.  The battled tested Seahawks take the win.

Ravens over Chargers 23-17. Will be a great game. L.A.'s got the better offense, with a good defense as well. I just think Baltimore's shut-down D takes over the game, and Lamar Jackson does his job well enough to get some points on the board. If it was in L.A., I'd probably go Chargers. Baltimore's a good home team. 

Bears over Eagles 24-14. The Eagles hot streak runs into the buzz-saw Chicago defense, who keeps the ball away from Philly long enough to grind out a win. 

Divisional Round

Saints over Seahawks 27-17. 

Rams over Bears 24-13

Chiefs over Colts 28-21

Patriots over Ravens 27-17

Conference Championships

Saints over Rams 33-28

Patriots over Chiefs 27-23

SUPERBOWL

Saints over Patriots 30-24

MVP- Drew Brees

sig.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll throw my hat into the pile. 

Wild-Card Weekend

Indianapolis 27, Houston 24.

Dallas 24, Seattle 20.

LA Chargers 19, Baltimore 10.

Chicago 31, Philadelphia 16

Divisional Round

Kansas City 34, Indianapolis 30

Chicago 20, Los Angeles 17

New England 31, LA Chargers 20

New Orleans 23, Dallas 20

Conference Championships

New Orleans 23, Chicago 21

Kansas City 45, New England 35

Super Bowl LIII

New Orleans 38, Kansas City 37

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Wild-Card Weekend

Houston 28, Indianapolis 24

Los Angeles 21, Baltimore 18.

Chicago 36, Philadelphia 14

Seattle 31, Dallas 17

Divisional Round

Los Angeles 34, Kansas City 31

Houston 28, New England 27

New Orleans 42, Seattle 16

Los Angeles 24, Chicago 21

Conference Championships

Los Angeles 21, Houston 14

New Orleans 38, Los Angeles 36

Super Bowl LIII

New Orleans 31, Los Angeles 27

Signature intentionally left blank

39 minutes ago, RaginRonic said:

Does anyone know when Mercedes-Benz Stadium is going to start being set up for Super Bowl LIII?

Probably around conference championship weekend, that would be a few weeks before the game.

Why not?

Wild Card Weekend:

Houston 28, Indianapolis 17 - biased pick is biased, but Houston runs away with this one after Andrew Luck leaves the game with an injury in the 2nd quarter.

Seattle 17, Dallas 10 - This is one of those games that just suck to watch, but there’s that one guy saying “now THIS is great defensive football!” just to try and prove that he’s a “real” football fan.

Baltimore 24, LA Chargers 21 - Philip Rivers never gets going, and Lamar Jackson does just enough to get the win.

Chicago 38, Philadelphia 10 - Philadelphia never gets off the ground against Chicago’s stifling defense, in a game featuring two pick sixes.

Divisional Round

New England 20, Houston 18 - bias killed by Bill Belichick and his Evil Empire. It’s close, but Houston falls just short.

Baltimore 28, Kansas City 13 - Never doubt Andy Reid’s ability to choke in the playoffs. That is all.

LA Rams 24, Chicago 21 - This game will be a classic. After the Bears shut out LA in the first half, the Rams come roaring (bleating?) back in the second. The game ends on a game-winning field goal. This could go either way - just switch the scores, but none of the remaining dialogue.

New Orleans 45, Seattle 13 - Seattle is hopelessly matched against the high-powered Saints offense.

Conference Championships

New England 14, Baltimore 10 - In a snoozefest, New England just edges Baltimore after Lamar Jackson finally doesn’t step up big. After all that’s happened this season, the Patriots still ended up in the Super Bowl once again.

LA Rams 31, New Orleans 23 - In direct contrast to the AFC Championship that happened just a few hours before, this one is a thriller. Drew Brees and Jared Goff trade touchdowns in the first half, but then it’s Aaron Donald that makes the difference, getting a huge sack that transfers momentum firmly in favor of the Rams.

Super Bowl

LA Rams 36, New England 35 - The Super Bowl lives up to the hype, with huge swings from both sides. Todd Gurley is largely absent from the game, but Jared Goff steps up in his place. When New England scores late in the game (right after a very questionable call by the officials), and another clear facemask missed by the officials, the Rams still manage to get to the 5 yard line - but are then stuffed on 3 subsequent Gurley runs. On 4th down, with the game on the line, Goff scrambles out of the pocket for a score. They go for 2, and get it. The Patriots have 30 seconds to get into field goal range - and then Aaron Donald stripsacks Brady. He is SB MVP, and the Rams fans here demand that we now call the Rams the “Super Bowl Champion Los Angeles Rams”.

ExJworW.png

IndianapolisCubs2009’s playoff predictions -

Wild Card Weekend -

Colts defeat Texans, 31-28 (OT)

Ravens defeat Chargers, 27-19

Cowboys defeat Seahawks, 24-10

Bears defeat Eagles, 27-7

Divisonal Round

Chiefs defeat Colts, 35-14

Patriots defeat Ravens, 23-13

Bears defeat Rams, 28-20

Rams defeat Cowboys, 30-14

Conference Championships 

Chiefs defeat Patriots, 33-27

Rams defeat Bears, 23-20

SUPER BOWL LIII

Rams defeat Chiefs, 44-40

rAUPGPZ.png

Wild-Card Weekend

Colts 27, Texans 16

Seahawks 20, Cowboys 10

Ravens 23, Chargers 20

Bears 24, Eagles 21

Divisional Round

Colts 34, Chiefs 31 (In Andy Reid we trust....to choke)

Rams 30, Bears 20

Patriots 21, Ravens 19

Saints 34, Seahawks 28

Conference Championship

Saints 35, Rams 31

Patriots 31, Colts 23

Super Bowl LIII

Saints 38, Patriots 27

-------------------------------

What I'm curious to see is if a team, like the Saints, win, will Drew Brees retire on top? I wouldn't be surprised either way, whether he decides to play one more year with his stellar surrounding cast or ends his Hall-of-Fame career just like his the other (soon-to-be) enshrined QBs of John Elway and Peyton Manning.

Wild Card Weekend

Texans 23, Colts 16

Cowboys 24, Seahawks 23 (extra prediction: the Cowboys sneak by on some very controversial officiating)

Chargers 17, Ravens 14 (trying to be pessimistic to temper my hopes)

Bears 30, Eagles 17

Divisional Round

Chiefs 31, Chargers 28

Patriots 21, Texans 17

Saints 28, Cowboys 20

Bears 24, Rams 17

Conference Championships

Patriots 20, Chiefs 19

Bears 27, Saints 21

Super Bowl LIII

Patriots 17, Bears 13

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Gary. said:

I’m going with Chiefs 34 Eagles 31

Not sure how that can happen with Andy Reid having no timeouts at the end of the game when the Chiefs need a score to win and his 2-minute drill takes 13 minutes.

Andy Reid is not equipped to win a Super Bowl.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 1/4/2019 at 2:51 PM, ~Bear said:

Wild-Card Weekend

Colts 27, Texans 16

Seahawks 20, Cowboys 10

Ravens 23, Chargers 20

Bears 24, Eagles 21

Divisional Round

Colts 34, Chiefs 31 (In Andy Reid we trust....to choke)

Rams 30, Bears 20

Patriots 21, Ravens 19

Saints 34, Seahawks 28

Conference Championship

Saints 35, Rams 31

Patriots 31, Colts 23

Super Bowl LIII

Saints 38, Patriots 27

-------------------------------

What I'm curious to see is if a team, like the Saints, win, will Drew Brees retire on top? I wouldn't be surprised either way, whether he decides to play one more year with his stellar surrounding cast or ends his Hall-of-Fame career just like his the other (soon-to-be) enshrined QBs of John Elway and Peyton Manning.

I don't think he really can. It seems he's cash poor due to AdvoCare, owning multiple Dunkin' and Jimmy John's franchises and co-owns that Walk-Ons restaurant chain who sponsors the Independence Bowl.

When you sue a jeweler for $9M after a nearly a decade, either you are foolish for not getting jewelry appraised before buying or cash poor because it's obvious he needs liquidity and playing QB is the quickest way to get cash.

Is this the actual game discussion thread? I don't understand why playoff predictions needed to be separated out, but here we are.

Anyone else feeling foolish for believing in (i.e. betting on) the Texans? They're always losing the Saturday wild card game for a reason and today's no exception.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

44 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Anyone else feeling foolish for believing in (i.e. betting on) the Texans?

Yes. I thought Deshaun would be better. I didn't think the Colts would be this good on both lines. 

44 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

They're always losing the Saturday wild card game for a reason and today's no exception.

except the two times they played the Bengals in the Saturday afternoon wildcard game, which makes it all the more infuriating for me. TJ Yates and Matt Schaub. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

There is still time for a Houston team to make a big comeback against a team coached by Frank Reich. 

If anyone should be prepared for it...

Houston had a sham 10-game win streak and just lost a sham home playoff game.

Too bad they blew it and gave New England the #2 seed. It would have been really fun to see the Pats play this weekend.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived