31 minutes ago, hbgoo1975 said:

Colts made it.

Cowboys over Seahawks

Ravens over Chargers

Bears over Eagles

Second Round

Colts to be the next victim of the Plague

Cowboys or Eagles

Hopefully the Plague-triots over the Saints in Super bowl 53.

Colts play Chiefs in second round

Cowboys v Seahawks.  I dislike both these teams, but I think I'll be rooting for Seattle.  3 reasons; 

1. I've hated the cowboys much longer... My whole life really.  

2. The Seahawks are wearing gray pants and therefore finally look like an NFL team.

3. Yesterday I had the misfortune of seeing a smug a-hole named Will Cane on TV for the first time, and instantly hated him. I want him to be sad.

Does anyone really care about anyone else's playoff picks?  I sure as :censored: don't care who BigDick6969 thinks is going to win a division round game.  Maybe picks could be split off into another thread.

Anyway... that's about the grossest injury I can remember seeing live.  They must have sedated him or something because he looked totally normal while getting carted off.  That has to be a compound fracture, right?  It looked like his tibia/fibula/shin/whatever it is was making full contact with the ground while his foot just dangled.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Missed it live so I looked it up on twitter. Stopped watching at the point of break.

These guys need guaranteed money.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

These guys need guaranteed money.

True, but the stars aren't going to give up their signing bonuses so that the filler players can have guarantees.  It's kinda at least partially their own fault that they don't have guarantees.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, BringBackTheVet said:

True, but the stars aren't going to give up their signing bonuses so that the filler players can have guarantees.  It's kinda at least partially their own fault that they don't have guarantees.

Owners could easily increase the salary cap.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

11 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Anyway... that's about the grossest injury I can remember seeing live.  They must have sedated him or something because he looked totally normal while getting carted off.  That has to be a compound fracture, right?  It looked like his tibia/fibula/shin/whatever it is was making full contact with the ground while his foot just dangled.

Ugh. That was ugly. I wonder if Fox could have at least held on and have a check on the replay before showing the injury. 

I saw, I came, I left.

3 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Owners could easily increase the salary cap.

Not sure how that changes anything.  The stars would just want more guarantees and signing bonuses, while the disposable guys would still just get whatever is left over - until they get hurt or get caught on camera kicking their girlfriend in the crotch.

Just now, BringBackTheVet said:

Not sure how that changes anything.  The stars would just want more guarantees and signing bonuses, while the disposable guys would still just get whatever is left over - until they get hurt or get caught on camera kicking their girlfriend in the crotch.

The NBA manages to have guaranteed contracts. The NFL can figure it out.

The NFL should also be able to figure it out when Russell Wilson is being tackled by his facemask.

Just now, DG_Now said:

The NBA manages to have guaranteed contracts. The NFL can figure it out.

The NFL should also be able to figure it out when Russell Wilson is being tackled by his facemask.

1. The NBA also has the most ridiculously hard to understand contract rules in the universe and has devolved into a league where teams trade for retired players just to get cap space or expiring contracts.  If I ever hear "mid level exception" or "bird rights" in the NFL I'm done.  You also have guys in NBA making 20M just because the team has to pay them.

2.  The NFL couldn't get an even worse one against Nick Foles right even though the ref was literally looking right at it.  The NFL officiating is beond disgraceful,.

Someone showed stats on the referees, and the differences between how games are called are startling. The disparity between penalties called per game between the top and bottom refs is absurd.  The guy that's reffing the SBCPE/Bears game tomorrow has such lopsided stats when it comes to penalties called on home vs road team and wins by road team that it should be investigated.  You almost never know what game you're watching.

One thing NBA contracts have going for them is whatever number announced is the numbers players get paid. In the NFL it's all nonsense and that's a bad thing.

NFL reffing is a disaster, I totally agree. I've long said you're watching three teams: home, away and the ref, and they each have equal impact on the game. That's really not at all how it should be.

29 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Does anyone really care about anyone else's playoff picks?

Not really, no.

I don't mind people making predictions based on the upcoming round, but I always find it silly to see people predicting things all the way up to the Super Bowl before a single Wild Card game has been played.

3 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

i hope he is ok.

I'm sure he is.  Just needs to ice it for a while then he'll be fine.

Archived