NFL Playoffs: Super Bowl LIII

16 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

I thought NFL overtime rules were universal. That both teams at least get one possession, provided the first team didn't turn the ball over and the other team scored off of it, or the defense registers a safety.

If the first team scores a touchdown, or defense scores in anyway the game is over automatically in the playoffs just like any other game, just the teams will continue to play even if the 15 min overtime goes over, which isn’t followed in the regular season which creates ties.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I almost forgot, before I sign off for the night. 

Life is suffering, Eat at Arby’s. 

(shamelessly stolen from someone in the Picks thread)

spacer.png

Just now, Ice_Cap said:

Also to everyone who is going on about NCAA OT being better than NFL OT...you’re all right. 

Still...do you all think it would have made any difference?

At least college OT would give the Chiefs a chance to tie it up again. NFL rules is just RNG - if you win the coin flip you win, if you lose the coin flip you lose.

ExJworW.png

4 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Also to everyone who is going on about NCAA OT being better than NFL OT...you’re all right. 

Still...do you all think it would have made any difference?

I don’t... but at least it would seem more fair, or at least take the “coin flip decided it” argument out of it. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Oh I almost forgot, before I sign off for the night. 

Life is suffering, Eat at Arby’s. 

(shamelessly stolen from someone in the Picks thread)

Sports Are Awful, Eat at Arby's And Submit To The Sweet Deliciousness Of A World Without Interests And Hobbies

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Me for the next two weeks.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So to derail the Pats weariness for a little bit, this Super Bowl matchup is interesting

It'll be played on the exact day as Super Bowl XXXVI, when the Patriots beat the Rams to start this insane run

On the same token, I feel that if the Patriots win, Brady will finally retire out on top. (I'm probably wrong cause he's freaken bionic at this point).  But IF it were to happen, that means that defeating the Rams again would bookend this entire era.  It starts with the Rams, and it could end with the Rams.

Oh and the World Series was LA vs Boston.  Super Bowl is now LA vs Boston.  Place your bets for Lakers/Clippers vs Celtics and Kings vs Bruins!

25 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I still don’t understand or agree with any argument that pro OT > college OT. 

They both suck.

I've believed for years that NFL OT should be a 4th quarter redux. 15 minute quarter, whoever scores more points after 15 minutes wins. If still tied, do over again. This whole "sudden death but not really 'sudden' death" thing is only a mild improvement over a system that utterly sucked, which means that the current system still, more-or-less, utterly sucks as well.

College OT is just a farce in its own right and I have no time to bother trying to make it sound good. Just, suffice it to say, it isn't. Starting possessions in scoring territory for teams automatically? FFS. Ridiculous premise. Very collegiate-like and has no place in a professional setting.

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Pharos04 said:

So to derail the Pats weariness for a little bit, this Super Bowl matchup is interesting

It'll be played on the exact day as Super Bowl XXXVI, when the Patriots beat the Rams to start this insane run

On the same token, I feel that if the Patriots win, Brady will finally retire out on top. (I'm probably wrong cause he's freaken bionic at this point).  But IF it were to happen, that means that defeating the Rams again would bookend this entire era.  It starts with the Rams, and it could end with the Rams.

Oh and the World Series was LA vs Boston.  Super Bowl is now LA vs Boston.  Place your bets for Lakers/Clippers vs Celtics and Kings vs Bruins!

32 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

-Hopeful NFL fans, 2017

ExJworW.png

50 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Anyone that thinks games are in the level is a complete idiot. Including anyone reading this post. Everyone. The officiating decides games more than the players do. It’s absurd. I don’t have a dog in either fight, but the Rams fans are happy that their team got the (non)call, not because their team was better.

The RtP against the Chiefs was as absurd as any call, and as much as I love Andy Reid failing, it’s tough when there’s literally nothing you can do to stop a team when the referees are on their side. 

The Chiefs had PLENTY of BS go in their favor. This isn't the refs being on the take, this is refereeing in the NFL being fundamentally broken to its absolute rotten core, and today was the absolute worst day of refereeing I can ever remember. The Saints-Rams was so blatantly bad, I was legitimately angry that the Rams won, and I was rooting for them until that point. Patriots-Chiefs was a master class in just making calls to bump the score up to fit the narratives. It will never get better until some real changes are made and the refs are actually held accountable, because it's honestly ruining the overall game.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived