NFL Playoffs: Super Bowl LIII

Just now, Lights Out said:

We'd be guaranteed a year off from the Patriots winning Super Bowls. That sounds good to me.

You just had one.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

But at at the same time, it’s also really annoying to see one team constantly winning, one team constantly experiencing success, one team constantly triumphing. Especially in a league that takes pride in its “parity.”

I can only imagine this is how people watching baseball in the 1950s must have felt. Why even bother watching when you know the Yankees will just win the World Series? There was almost no point to being a fan of any other team, unless you actually cared about more than just winning.

The AFC in particular just seems to not have much parity. Before the Patriots, you had the Bills seemingly in the Super Bowl every year. Then some good runs by the Steelers and Dolphins.

That said, the NFC has a lot of parity. I think the Seahawks were the only back-to-back conference champion since the mid-90s Cowboys. Compare that to the AFC where I think four teams have won every conference championship since 2002.

Just now, BellaSpurs said:

A good defensive game has fumbles and pics. This was just third down after third down. Credit to the guys down there but as a spectator it’s pretty lame to see the same set of plays over and over and over again.

Turn overs does not neccisarily equal good defense, if anything that just means the offense made mistakes. Shutting teams down does equate to good defense, the rams had something like 25 yards in the 1st half.

I admit I’m getting tired of Boston sports in general but I’ll always have a soft spot for Brady and the rest of the Pats stopping the Steelers from being the ones to tout six championships a few times these past two decades.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

7 minutes ago, jn8 said:

I didn’t think it was a bad game 🤷‍♂️

Not a shootout like last year or a miracle comeback like the year before, but there’s nothing wrong with a good defensive game. Not even close to the most exciting game, but far from the most boring 

Yeah this, I mean I'm probably biased as a Panthers fan but SB 50 was an awful game, and not that I was around at the time but if I was I would have gotten pretty sick of the run of blowouts in the 80s

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

I think tonight’s game and the whole Gurley disappearing act can point squarely at an old, tired offensive line. Gurley couldn’t find any holes and doesn’t have the girth to bulldoze and Goff was given absolutely no time. Credit to the hoodieless hoodie to scheme directly at that.

VmWIn6B.png

10 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

This has to be one of the most boring Super Bowls ever, right? 

It’s the most boring one in my book, at least the big blow out games in the 80’s and 90’s had some exciting plays and scoring.

I watched Super Bowl IX recently and the first half was similar to tonight’s game but the second half was way better, two Steeler TD’s and a Vikings blocked punt for a TD, plus you had Fran Tarkington running for his life. 

Super Bowl V had 11 total turnovers and is always considered the worse Super Bowl so it might be between tonight’s game and that one. 

9 minutes ago, Brass said:

I got to watch another championship game with my Dad and that’s all I care about.

Good game, Rams. Fun season.

I don't know what I would need to do so I could sit down with my Dad and watch Dallas win a Super Bowl together; but I'd do it in a heartbeat.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

11 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Look, I get it - it’s super annoying to hear people constantly complain and whine about one team always winning and one team always having things work out for them, when a lot of it is overblown. This organization is freaking good. You don’t win 6 SBs by accident, or by the refs conspiring for you, or by cheating. As I said before, we have run out of reasons to explain away this dynasty. They are that good. 

But at at the same time, it’s also really annoying to see one team constantly winning, one team constantly experiencing success, one team constantly triumphing. Especially in a league that takes pride in its “parity.” 

Im sorry if complaining about the Patriots makes me a whiner, sore loser, or annoys you. But I’m tired of seeing such an unlikable franchise win constantly. Sorry. 

It isn't just that the Patriots win all the time... it's that even sometimes when they should lose, they get lucky and somehow win.  The Seahawks not running it with Marshawn Lynch, the Falcons averaging a bajillion yards per carry and then abandoning the run with a lead.  That's the frustrating part.

As much as I'm annoyed by them winning this game... the McVay hype might've been worse had they pulled one out even with the terrible offense tonight.  At least Brady and Belichick are genuinely great.

IUe6Hvh.png

1 minute ago, LMU said:

I think tonight’s game and the whole Gurley disappearing act can point squarely at an old, tired offensive line. Gurley couldn’t find any holes and doesn’t have the girth to bulldoze and Goff was given absolutely no time. Credit to the hoodieless hoodie to scheme directly at that.

5 turnstiles at O-line + no pressure on Brady + offensive team serves up 3 points = massive L. 

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, dont care said:

Turn overs does not neccisarily equal good defense, if anything that just means the offense made mistakes. Shutting teams down does equate to good defense, the rams had something like 25 yards in the 1st half.

I didn’t mean it wasn’t good defense. It’s just pointless to watch in my eyes

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived