NFL Playoffs: Super Bowl LIII

2 hours ago, Wings said:

Watching Bob Backlund wrestle a clone of himself to a draw in a 60 minute iron man match is somewhat comparable to this.

1 hour ago, Brass said:

That actually sounds delightful!

That's MISTER Bob Backlund

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, See Red said:

I sure hope not.  I like sports and all but if my team's never win a championship again, I'd be fine.

Yeah, as much as I like my teams, I wouldn't lose even a day of my life to see one win a title. I doubt he's actually serious. It's just silly :censored: that fans say after their team loses in the playoffs. I'm sure if we asked him again in say June, he'd feel differently. At least I hope so. 

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Goliath can't beat the NFC East.  0-3.  

Why?  What would be accomplished that could possibly change any of the things you complain about?  Even if it did, you'd just find 20 more things to complain about.  

1-3. You forgot SBXXXIX. Patriots over Eagles. 

4 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Seriously? Or is that just sports passion talking? If I had the power and I said "Rockstar Matt, if you agree to take five years off the length of your life, I will see to it that the Cowboys win the Super Bowl next season", you'd take the deal? 

A bit of both. Mostly tongue in cheek. It is only a game after all. 

But I’d seriously consider it, if I’m being honest. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

23 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

In other words, sports championships aren’t worth shortening your life for.

Good advice. Unless you are directly employed by the team and getting paid, no point caring that much. Sure, have a cap or w/e, but try to enjoy the game in a more objective sense. Win or lose, both the Rams and Patriots displayed good defense tonight. One team got that lucky break at the end and won. Life will go on tomorrow. Both teams start at 0-0 next season.

1 minute ago, Ice_Cap said:

I don’t know. I don’t think I need a team I follow to win a championship, but seeing at least one play for a title just once would be nice XD 

I'd like to see the Leafs win a cup. 1967 gets farther and farther away. 

3 minutes ago, RaginRonic said:

I'd say that's one hell of a hike up a ladder.

XD

He certainly saw the lowest lows and the highest highs in remarkably quick succession. If things stay true to form, the Pats will go 8-8 next season. B)

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

Look, I get it - it’s super annoying to hear people constantly complain and whine about one team always winning and one team always having things work out for them, when a lot of it is overblown. This organization is freaking good. You don’t win 6 SBs by accident, or by the refs conspiring for you, or by cheating. As I said before, we have run out of reasons to explain away this dynasty. They are that good. 

But at at the same time, it’s also really annoying to see one team constantly winning, one team constantly experiencing success, one team constantly triumphing. Especially in a league that takes pride in its “parity.” 

Im sorry if complaining about the Patriots makes me a whiner, sore loser, or annoys you. But I’m tired of seeing such an unlikable franchise win constantly. Sorry. 

I wonder if this was the sports gods counterpoint for the Caps winning the Cup.

Patriots have 218 wins in 18 seasons. 12.1 wins per season.

THATS JUST REGULAR SEASON. They have 30 more playoff wins in 18 years. 

They only ONCE in 18 years won less than 10 games. And that was 2002.

Trying to say they don't win all the time by only looking at championship results is foolish. They've won 6 titles in 18 years. How many other times in NFL history has that happened? 

5 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Brady will go one more year at least. I think Belichick will stick around as long as Brady does. 

Assuming Brady doesn't screw up the QB succession again, Belichick will outlast him by ~3 years.

Anyway, congrats to the Patriots.  This game was clearly a testament to Belichick's skill.  Now stop that "everyone counted us out" bull :censored:  No one is going to count you out until the head has been shotgunned off, a wooden stake has been plunged in the heart, and the remains slashed with a Valyrian steel sword, then incinerated, doused with lye, then incinerated again and lain dormant for a few years.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

8 hours ago, Wings said:

I'd like to see the Leafs win a cup. 1967 gets farther and farther away. 

Oh that’s on the top of my list XD 

I was actually in attendance for the Jays’ 1993 World Series victory but like...I was six :D That doesn’t count! 

Just now, Sykotyk said:

Patriots have 218 wins in 18 seasons. 12.1 wins per season.

THATS JUST REGULAR SEASON. They have 30 more playoff wins in 18 years. 

They only ONCE in 18 years won less than 10 games. And that was 2002.

Trying to say they don't win all the time by only looking at championship results is foolish. They've won 6 titles in 18 years. How many other times in NFL history has that happened? 

Vince Lombardi is RIGHT THERE.  Now, they only had to get through 12-16 teams, so it was easier

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1 hour ago, See Red said:

It isn't just that the Patriots win all the time... it's that even sometimes when they should lose, they get lucky and somehow win.  The Seahawks not running it with Marshawn Lynch, the Falcons averaging a bajillion yards per carry and then abandoning the run with a lead.  That's the frustrating part.

As much as I'm annoyed by them winning this game... the McVay hype might've been worse had they pulled one out even with the terrible offense tonight.  At least Brady and Belichick are genuinely great.

At least McVay hype would have been something DIFFERENT. The NFL needs some new blood, something different. Instead, it's another 12 months of how Brady/Belichick walk on water.

Archived