tigerslionspistonshabs

NFL Playoffs: Super Bowl LIII

Recommended Posts

On 2/7/2019 at 10:45 AM, Bucfan56 said:

This whole era has been absolutey awful for the NFL, and the Patriots winning a lot is very low on the list of reasons why. The NFL is constantly making the wrong choice and pretty much trips over their dick every time they take a step.

 

Holding cities hostage for public funds to build stadiums, the recent Kaepernick thing and race relations as a whole, how they’ve handled replay and the refs in general, their overall apathy to domestic violence and crime among their players, and (the most egregious thing) the way they’ve swept the CTE findings under the rug and have poured money into false findings (which is not just a bad look, but is borderline criminal) are all WAY bigger issues. 

 

 

I’m to the point where I Hope this entire league crashes and burns, but it sure ain’t because the Pats won a lot. 

Don't forget about how they handled the Raider & Charger situations.  That was pure incompetence and could have been avoided.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 5:36 PM, Quillz said:

Remember back then the Internet wasn't really a thing. There probably was hate, but you were exposed to much less of it.

Internet wasn't a thing in the 70's either when people started to hate the Oakland Raiders, Dallas Cowboys or Pittsburgh Steelers. Maybe the niners would have been hated more with internet who knows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Dodgeryaqui8016 said:

Internet wasn't a thing in the 70's either when people started to hate the Oakland Raiders, Dallas Cowboys or Pittsburgh Steelers. Maybe the niners would have been hated more with internet who knows?

That's what I'm saying. All those teams had their deriders, but without the Internet (and 24/7 sports channels), you were exposed to it much less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2019 at 11:45 AM, Bucfan56 said:

This whole era has been absolutey awful for the NFL, and the Patriots winning a lot is very low on the list of reasons why. The NFL is constantly making the wrong choice and pretty much trips over their dick every time they take a step.

 

Holding cities hostage for public funds to build stadiums, the recent Kaepernick thing and race relations as a whole, how they’ve handled replay and the refs in general, their overall apathy to domestic violence and crime among their players, and (the most egregious thing) the way they’ve swept the CTE findings under the rug and have poured money into false findings (which is not just a bad look, but is borderline criminal) are all WAY bigger issues. 

 

 

I’m to the point where I Hope this entire league crashes and burns, but it sure ain’t because the Pats won a lot. 

 

It’s the reverse for me. I have enjoyed this era, but the Pats winning all the time Is singlehandedly diminishing my interest in he product.

 

the only reason I did not watch the SB was NE’s presence, not the NFC CG controversy.

 

as long as Brady and Belichick keep winning, I’ll have less and less reason to care about who wins the silver medal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2019 at 4:23 AM, SabresRule7361 said:

If Kirk Cousins was Pats starting QB in 2018 and BB was coach...... I think they still win the SB

Nah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll believe Bill Belichick is the reincarnation of Jesus Christ when he wins a Super Bowl with Nathan Peterman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2019 at 3:25 AM, SabresRule7361 said:

 

It’s the reverse for me. I have enjoyed this era, but the Pats winning all the time Is singlehandedly diminishing my interest in he product.

 

the only reason I did not watch the SB was NE’s presence, not the NFC CG controversy.

  

as long as Brady and Belichick keep winning, I’ll have less and less reason to care about who wins the silver medal.

That is where I am leaning to as a Seahawk/Dolphin fan in the NFL.  I am seriously considering skipping out on the 2019 season and beyond until Brady/Belichek start losing or when they retire.  I would rather enjoy my Sunday Afternoons hiking the Tucson mountains with family or being outdoors in general. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.