Football Reclamation Project

JamieRose

36 minutes ago, bridder01 said:

Or is it the Spirit of Miami?  I've heard both versions used. lol

Both, but most well known was Spirit of Miami, which i think is dreadful LOL

Their colors were the dolphins aqua and red i believe....

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, mkg74 said:

Both, but most well known was Spirit of Miami, which i think is dreadful LOL

Their colors were the dolphins aqua and red i believe....

https://www.503-sports.com/collections/usfl/products/spirit-of-miami-t-shirt

Here's a T-shirt for sale with a possible helmet.  Kind of looks like how the helmet would wind up as the Orlando Renegades.  I can't tell if it's really red or a version of the "Renaissance Red" that the Pittsburgh Maulers used lol

1 hour ago, bridder01 said:

https://www.503-sports.com/collections/usfl/products/spirit-of-miami-t-shirt

Here's a T-shirt for sale with a possible helmet.  Kind of looks like how the helmet would wind up as the Orlando Renegades.  I can't tell if it's really red or a version of the "Renaissance Red" that the Pittsburgh Maulers used lol

It does bear an uncanny resemblance to the Renegades, one of the available shirts is dead on Renegades blue the other available looks dangerously close to dolphins aqua....I wonder if theres been other proposed USFL cities/ team names unreleased?

Rumour has it that the Minnesota Fighting Pike was to be a USFL franchise, truth or not so true?

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

8 hours ago, mkg74 said:

It does bear an uncanny resemblance to the Renegades, one of the available shirts is dead on Renegades blue the other available looks dangerously close to dolphins aqua....I wonder if theres been other proposed USFL cities/ team names unreleased?

Rumour has it that the Minnesota Fighting Pike was to be a USFL franchise, truth or not so true?

I think that's not true.  The Fighting Pike were an Arena Football team in 1996.  After the debacle of the '84 expansion, I think the only new expansion team I've read about was to be a replacement for the Chicago Blitz, owned by White Sox co-owner Eddie Einhorn.  He opted not to field the team in '85, and it wasn't going to be a resurrected Blitz.  The '84 expansion thinned the talent pool so badly, the owners realized the mistake and opted not to add any new teams (excluding the new Chicago team) for at least a year.  The only other unrealized expansion team I can recall was San Diego, but they couldn't get permission to play at Jack Murphy Stadium, so that team moved to Tulsa, OK and became the Oklahoma Outlaws.

15 hours ago, bridder01 said:

I think that's not true.  The Fighting Pike were an Arena Football team in 1996.  After the debacle of the '84 expansion, I think the only new expansion team I've read about was to be a replacement for the Chicago Blitz, owned by White Sox co-owner Eddie Einhorn.  He opted not to field the team in '85, and it wasn't going to be a resurrected Blitz.  The '84 expansion thinned the talent pool so badly, the owners realized the mistake and opted not to add any new teams (excluding the new Chicago team) for at least a year.  The only other unrealized expansion team I can recall was San Diego, but they couldn't get permission to play at Jack Murphy Stadium, so that team moved to Tulsa, OK and became the Oklahoma Outlaws.

24 cities applied for USFL franchises during or after the '83 season, they were threatning to make it a 24 league team at one time! LOL

USFL announces new sites

By
MARCELLA S. KREITER
 (0)

CHICAGO -- United States Football League owners Thursday selected the sites for four new expanasion teams for the 1984 season and said the league's size could double by the time its second season gets under way.

The owners of the 12 teams in the infant league met behind closed doors for eight hours before telling a news conference that as many as 12 new franchises could be awarded. Prospective owners from 23 cities have expressed interest in establishing teams, they said.

On 5/3/2020 at 4:38 PM, bridder01 said:

1983-84 Chicago Blitz

1984-85 Houston Gamblers

1984-85 San Antonio Gunslingers

1984-85 Jacksonville Bulls

1983-85 Tampa Bay Bandits

1984-85 Oklahoma/Arizona Outlaws

Ok...……….who's next?? lol

On 5/9/2020 at 6:07 PM, bridder01 said:

1983-84 Chicago Blitz

1984-85 Houston Gamblers

1984-85 San Antonio Gunslingers

1984-85 Jacksonville Bulls

1983-85 Tampa Bay Bandits

1984-85 Oklahoma/Arizona Outlaws

3 down, 3 to go!  Which one is next, I wonder.... :)

2 hours ago, bridder01 said:

3 down, 3 to go!  Which one is next, I wonder.... :)

the Guns next!   

the Bandits  look so good. 

7 hours ago, bridder01 said:

I want to see the running of the Bulls lol

Cant argue with that! Bulls had incredible uniforms colors and helmet wraparound logo, it totally one upped the Seahawks as theirs didnt fully connect on the back of the helmet it was kind of strange actually

denver-broncos-wr-rod-smith-gains-yards-on-this-reception-in-the-1st-picture-id160991048?s=2048x2048

2 hours ago, mkg74 said:

Cant argue with that! Bulls had incredible uniforms colors and helmet wraparound logo, it totally one upped the Seahawks as theirs didnt fully connect on the back of the helmet it was kind of strange actually

denver-broncos-wr-rod-smith-gains-yards-on-this-reception-in-the-1st-picture-id160991048?s=2048x2048

Yeah, the Seahawks’ Nike redesign in 2012 marked the first (and so far only) time an NFL team’s helmet logos wrapped completely around the back, right?

40 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Yeah, the Seahawks’ Nike redesign in 2012 marked the first (and so far only) time an NFL team’s helmet logos wrapped completely around the back, right?

To my knowledge, yeah.  In the USFL, both Jacksonville and Boston/New Orleans/Portland had wraparound logos on their helmets.  Both are cool, but the Bulls beat out the Breakers by a hair.  The NFL definitely could've learned a lesson from the USFL in that respect. :)

2 hours ago, bridder01 said:

To my knowledge, yeah.  In the USFL, both Jacksonville and Boston/New Orleans/Portland had wraparound logos on their helmets.  Both are cool, but the Bulls beat out the Breakers by a hair.  The NFL definitely could've learned a lesson from the USFL in that respect. :)

Nonetheless, I think every iteration of the Seahawks’ helmet - 1976 through present - has been excellent. 

Archived