Football Reclamation Project

JamieRose

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Nonetheless, I think every iteration of the Seahawks’ helmet - 1976 through present - has been excellent. 

The Seahawks' helmets have always been very classy and nice looking.  There have been very few NFL helmets that have been horrible (the current Jets helmet is HORRIBLE!).  There have been some helmets that are head scratchers ('76 Bucs, anyone? lol), but there are some helmets from the USFL that would have been awesome in the NFL (Bulls, Breakers, Panthers [Michigan], Invaders, Wranglers to name a few).

Let me throw a question out there.  Which team would you rather see represent the NFL in Tampa:  Buccaneers or Bandits?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, bridder01 said:

The Seahawks' helmets have always been very classy and nice looking.  There have been very few NFL helmets that have been horrible (the current Jets helmet is HORRIBLE!).  There have been some helmets that are head scratchers ('76 Bucs, anyone? lol), but there are some helmets from the USFL that would have been awesome in the NFL (Bulls, Breakers, Panthers [Michigan], Invaders, Wranglers to name a few).

Let me throw a question out there.  Which team would you rather see represent the NFL in Tampa:  Buccaneers or Bandits?

I would've said Bandits till Glazer bought the Bucs and changed the uniforms from creamsicle to pewter.

22 minutes ago, bridder01 said:

Still the Bandits no matter what the BUCS wear 

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

50 minutes ago, bridder01 said:

There have been some helmets that are head scratchers ('76 Bucs, anyone? lol)

I should also mention the '75 Giants helmet.  That disco-looking NY monogram...…..I'm not so sure.  It didn't look natural.

1 hour ago, bridder01 said:

I should also mention the '75 Giants helmet.  That disco-looking NY monogram...…..I'm not so sure.  It didn't look natural.

the Bucs switched to a Red Facemask at some point...i thought it looked alot better with the creamsicles gave it more heft if you will. The early years orange numbers outlined in red(road) were awful, it was too much orange on the uniforms in the early years. They switched to red numbers/orange outlining(road) at some point in the 70's

whats worse....70's Bucs or WFL Suns? LOL

Did the Csonka-Pisarchick Travesty have anything to do with Giants switching to new uniforms the following year?(thank god)

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

17 hours ago, bridder01 said:

Hol up...I actually love the current Jets look except for the black alternate. The helmet would be perfect if they’d put a modernization of the ‘80s logo on it, and I think it’s pretty darn good as-is. 

Ravens would be my pick for worst current helmet, probably. Those half-stripes, and that logo that’s kind of hard to see. It works with their uniforms but on its own it’s pretty bad. 

4 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Hol up...I actually love the current Jets look except for the black alternate. The helmet would be perfect if they’d put a modernization of the ‘80s logo on it, and I think it’s pretty darn good as-is. 

Ravens would be my pick for worst current helmet, probably. Those half-stripes, and that logo that’s kind of hard to see. It works with their uniforms but on its own it’s pretty bad. 

Sorry, but nothing beats the classic Jets helmets of 1965-77 and 1998-2018.  The classic Jets logo on a green shell, I could learn to like.  But the new logo...…..ICK! lol  The Ravens helmet is another that needs to be reworked.  I never got the fading stripes on the center of the helmet.  The logo, on the other hand, is better than what they started with in 1996-97.  It may need to be highlighted more since it's on a black shell.  On the whole, there aren't that many bad helmets currently (the previous Titans helmet was another with the fading stripes).  I wish they'd scrap that stupid one helmet rule so teams can do accurate throwback uniforms (fans have been clamoring for the return of Bucco Bruce in Tampa for years!) and it could give teams options for alternate unis.

3 hours ago, JimmyN64 said:

Jacksonville Bulls -- 

DSJkmZS.png

2RO94fk.png

GODDAMN!  I've forgotten how good these uniforms were!  Why couldn't the NFL have taken the Bulls instead of Jaguars, whose logo now looks like it's got serious mange.  GO BULLS! :)

On 5/11/2020 at 5:11 PM, bridder01 said:

1983-84 Chicago Blitz

1984-85 Houston Gamblers

1984-85 San Antonio Gunslingers

1984-85 Jacksonville Bulls

1983-85 Tampa Bay Bandits

1984-85 Oklahoma/Arizona Outlaws

'Slingers or Outlaws...……...which comes next? lol

1 minute ago, bridder01 said:

GODDAMN!  I've forgotten how good these uniforms were!  Why couldn't the NFL have taken the Bulls instead of Jaguars, whose logo now looks like it's got serious mange.  GO BULLS! :)

Jaguars Teal was the thing of the nineties they never really looked good maybe the first 2-3 yrs decent then they changed things for the worse every year it seemed ...these Bulls on the other hand...almost 35 years now(damn! im feeling old lol) after their last down, still timeless will forever be timeless! 

58 minutes ago, mkg74 said:

Jaguars Teal was the thing of the nineties they never really looked good maybe the first 2-3 yrs decent then they changed things for the worse every year it seemed ...these Bulls on the other hand...almost 35 years now(damn! im feeling old lol) after their last down, still timeless will forever be timeless! 

Give me the Bulls over the Tabby Cats with the mange any day! :)

From this:which i thought was a great USFL uniform!!

57068584_1133863953486026_8575624549755933461_n.jpgcolts-jaguars-football-jacksonville-usa-shutterstock-editorial-10516509cm.jpgTo these awful abortions...or are those practice unforms?? LOL  Says it's vs Colts so asuming its a real game....IDK

8 hours ago, mkg74 said:

From this:which i thought was a great USFL uniform!!

57068584_1133863953486026_8575624549755933461_n.jpgcolts-jaguars-football-jacksonville-usa-shutterstock-editorial-10516509cm.jpgTo these awful abortions...or are those practice unforms?? LOL  Says it's vs Colts so asuming its a real game....IDK

Oh, it got worse from there lol

2016_Jacksonville.png

LOL!...They try so hard but FAIL! That half gold/half black helmet OUCH! belongs to the Arena Leagues

They need to go back to their inagural season look and call   it good forever.

6 hours ago, mkg74 said:

LOL!...They try so hard but FAIL! That half gold/half black helmet OUCH! belongs to the Arena Leagues

They need to go back to their inagural season look and call   it good forever.

I'm telling ya, their current logo looks like it's got a serious case of the mange lol.  I've never seen a cat look so sick lol

Yeah the jaguar looks likes he’s got something lol I know. Who in the hell is are the artists for these so called nfl logo upgrades or even start up leagues like the AAF or XFL??? We’ve got guys in the very forum who can do a 1000x better job with coming up with uniforms logos etc etc. some of these guys need to be paid for their good work 

42 minutes ago, mkg74 said:

Yeah the jaguar looks likes he’s got something lol I know. Who in the hell is are the artists for these so called nfl logo upgrades or even start up leagues like the AAF or XFL??? We’ve got guys in the very forum who can do a 1000x better job with coming up with uniforms logos etc etc. some of these guys need to be paid for their good work 

Your guess is as good as mine.  I think Nike might have a little to do with it.  That's why I've given up on the NFL.  The AAF and XFL weren't too bad (I like the Orlando Apollos uniform set), but the quality of the identity designs in football are very substandard across the board.  Baseball and Hockey have the best graphic designers at present, IMO

On 5/17/2020 at 10:06 AM, bridder01 said:

Your guess is as good as mine.  I think Nike might have a little to do with it.  That's why I've given up on the NFL.  The AAF and XFL weren't too bad (I like the Orlando Apollos uniform set), but the quality of the identity designs in football are very substandard across the board.  Baseball and Hockey have the best graphic designers at present, IMO

Football and the NBA has dipped hard the last 20 years or so. Watching the Jordan doc and those uniforms were awesome(all the NBA teams BTW) Not much the hockey guy but they do have some good logos in the NHL i agree......

Come hither with the 'Slingers soon! 🙂

Archived