2018-19 NBA Season - New and improved!

DG_ThenNowForever

4 hours ago, DG_Now said:

People talk like the Lakers are the big bad of the NBA, but they haven't won a trade since Pau a decade ago.

I really don't get the league-wide animus toward a team that's been middle of the pack, at best, for a decade, and has only scored one big free agent since Shaq. The perception is way far away from reality.

Nobody likes the poor widdle Lakers. Boo hoo.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um... so Fultz is a Magic (Magician? Magic player?) now, I guess. Not too surprising, since it's been known for a long time that the FO is in love with him, but I'm really surprised they got such a good deal - we fleeced the Sixers. Simmons, OKC pick that, at best, would be 21st, and a 2nd for last year's #1 overall pick is insane, and I'm very surprised Philadelphia agreed. Could he end up being a bust after all? Of course. But when we need a PG for the future and the opportunity for a former #1 pick is on the table, you need to take it - especially if you only have to give up a mediocre bench player and two bad picks for him.

ExJworW.png

5 minutes ago, Digby said:

Yeah, I don't have a lot of belief that Fultz will go very far, but certainly worth a shot given the price for a team like Orlando. Congrats to whichever Sixers regime traded Jayson Tatum for a couple picks and Jonathan Simmons?

I can't say I do either, but you're right about it being worth a shot. This is the definition of a low risk, high reward type of deal. Maybe this is where the FO starts to show its cards regarding the long-term rebuild, too - which is something every Magic fan wants to see.

ExJworW.png

At the end of the trade deadline, the Pelicans ended up with a worse team but a week conspiring with Woj to troll the Lakers. And they're playing AD the rest of the season, where anything can happen. And their record stinks.

Was any of this worth it?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

14 hours ago, Digby said:

Rondo was my favorite player during a different, brief era of NBA basketball so I’m feeling a lot of feelings right now. Weird day for Danny Ainge.

Always loved the Thirst Crusher; was so glad when he played for the Pels.  Was really pissed to see him go-- his veteran leadership was the missing piece of the puzzle.  IMHO, his presence was key to the team's success last year, a lot moreso than Boogie Cousins' presence.  

It is what it is.

1 hour ago, B-Rich said:

Always loved the Thirst Crusher; was so glad when he played for the Pels.  Was really pissed to see him go-- his veteran leadership was the missing piece of the puzzle.  IMHO, his presence was key to the team's success last year, a lot moreso than Boogie Cousins' presence.  

Agreed especially when you hear the stories about him doing team meeting and setting up practices with the younger players to get their confidence up it really shows what kind of leader he is. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2820004-lebron-james-east-aiming-for-finals-because-they-aint-gotta-go-through-me

As in, teams are making a run at the NBA Finals now that James' reign over the conference has come to an end with his signing with the Los Angeles Lakers.

"Those top teams in the East, yeah, they're going for it," James told The Athletic's Joe Vardon. "Toronto is going for it, Milwaukee's going for it, Philly. Boston believes they can do it, too. They know they ain't gotta go through Cleveland anymore.

"Everybody in the East thinks they can get to the Finals because they ain't gotta go through me."

He's not wrong. Speaking of LeBron, here are his All-Star starting picks:

Western Conference Starters

LeBron James, F, Los Angeles Lakers

Kevin Durant, F, Golden State Warriors

Kyrie Irving, G, Boston Celtics

Kawhi Leonard, F, Toronto Raptors

James Harden, G, Houston Rockets

How weird that three of those guys are the biggest marquee free agents this offseason. Crazy.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

11 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2820004-lebron-james-east-aiming-for-finals-because-they-aint-gotta-go-through-me

He's not wrong. Speaking of LeBron, here are his All-Star starting picks:

Western Conference Starters

LeBron James, F, Los Angeles Lakers

Kevin Durant, F, Golden State Warriors

Kyrie Irving, G, Boston Celtics

Kawhi Leonard, F, Toronto Raptors

James Harden, G, Houston Rockets

How weird that three of those guys are the biggest marquee free agents this offseason. Crazy.

Giannis brought jokes last night for the Draft.

35 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Giannis brought jokes last night for the Draft.

I don't think there's anything NBA players like more than ripping on each other.

Archived