DG_Now

2018-19 NBA Season - New and improved!

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED THOUGH

 

WHAT IS THIS TEAM

They have little excuse not to make the playoffs.

 

The Magic's remaining schedule includes the Cavs (twice), Hawks (twice), Grizzlies (twice), Mavericks (home), Knicks (home) and Pelicans (home).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, dfwabel said:

They have little excuse not to make the playoffs.

 

The Magic's remaining schedule includes the Cavs (twice), Hawks (twice), Grizzlies (twice), Mavericks (home), Knicks (home) and Pelicans (home).

But, our theme seems to be that we win against teams over .500 and lose to ones under .500 (Ws against Rockets, Celtics, Raptors, Warriors, and then Ls against Suns, Bulls, and Knicks). So, I’m not as optimistic about that schedule as one would think. Although, if we do make the playoffs, we’re going to be the low seed no one wants to be matched with.

 

Also, obligatory KD meme:

UzVFmmT.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brandon Ingram has looked amazing since the All-Star break. He's averaging 27 and hitting everything that's open. GG Pelicans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just lost to the Suns. The Suns. A team actively tanking for Zion. Fire. Everybody. 

 

At least the LAFC season opener is tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

We just lost to the Suns. The Suns. A team actively tanking for Zion. Fire. Everybody. 

 

At least the LAFC season opener is tomorrow. 

Does "Everybody" include Brian Shaw?  He's likely the choice of Jeanie Buss, Magic, and (I guess) Rob Pelinka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine adding the best player in the world to your team and getting worse.

 

The Clippers traded their best player at the deadline and got better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Breaking News: Lebron is not Benjamin Button. He's actually getting older. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Pelicans have now beaten the Nuggets and Jazz on the road in their last two games. Jrue Holiday is playing like an absolute monster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The worst team in the league(Suns) beat the best team in the league(Bucks) convincingly last night. Let that sink in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2019 at 12:01 AM, anythinglogos said:

This is definitely karma for the Lakers blatant use of BFBS. 

 

On 3/5/2019 at 2:12 AM, Wings said:

Breaking News: Lebron is not Benjamin Button. He's actually getting older. 

 

Deadspin: LeBron Will Probably Miss The Playoffs Because Some Things In Life Are More Important Than Basketball, And That's Okay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So considering LeBron a average is about 25 points per game (it’s actually 27) and he needs about six thousand more points, (6076 actually), and there are 82 games in a season (assuming he didn’t make the playoffs), LeBron needs about 3 more seasons to pass Kareem. Probably more like 4-5 if he declines rapidly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

So considering LeBron a average is about 25 points per game (it’s actually 27) and he needs about six thousand more points, (6076 actually), and there are 82 games in a season (assuming he didn’t make the playoffs), LeBron needs about 3 more seasons to pass Kareem. Probably more like 4-5 if he declines rapidly. 

LeBron James Jr. graduates from high school in 2022. Assuming that high schoolers are able to enter the draft by then and that LBJ will play just a single year with his son, that's 4 more seasons. Hope he gets the all time scoring title, even if it's a testament to longevity more than anything else.

 

LeBron is one of my favorite players. It'll be utterly bizarre to have him out of the playoffs, but if we can take a few months off from the LBJ vs. MJ comparisons, it'll almost be worth it. God forbid anyone enjoy anything that happens in the league today because Jordan better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, alxy8s said:

LeBron James Jr. graduates from high school in 2022. Assuming that high schoolers are able to enter the draft by then and that LBJ will play just a single year with his son, that's 4 more seasons. Hope he gets the all time scoring title, even if it's a testament to longevity more than anything else.

 

LeBron is one of my favorite players. It'll be utterly bizarre to have him out of the playoffs, but if we can take a few months off from the LBJ vs. MJ comparisons, it'll almost be worth it. God forbid anyone enjoy anything that happens in the league today because Jordan better!

It would be awesome to see him get it with his son, probably would be one of the best moments of his career and one of the best moments in the history of the NBA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2019 at 6:39 AM, goalieboy82 said:

i think the Lakers will magically make the 7th or 8th spot in the West.  

 

tenor.gif?itemid=12360656

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a good weekend if your basketball team is associated with Steve Kerr and your opponent was from the Phoenix area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.