2018-19 NBA Season - New and improved!

DG_ThenNowForever

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NBA owners are just as petty. (Yes, Linda Rambis is Kurt's wife)

https://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-forum-move-20190314-story.html

The day before the Clippers announced plans to explore building an arena in Inglewood, business mogul Irving Azoff floated an idea to Lakers owner Jeanie Buss and top advisor Linda Rambis about a move that could undercut the Clippers and prompt a seismic shift in the Los Angeles sports landscape.

“MSG approached the Lakers about the possibility of returning to the Forum following the end of our Lease at Staples Center in 2025, but nothing came from the discussions,” the team said Wednesday in a statement.

But the emails obtained by The Times reveal the depth of the business competition between L.A.’s two NBA teams, and that Buss didn’t hesitate to discuss a move that would have left Staples Center — and downtown Los Angeles — without its marquee tenant.

39 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

NBA owners are just as petty. (Yes, Linda Rambis is Kurt's wife)

https://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-forum-move-20190314-story.html

Lakers shouldn’t leave the staples center being in a more prime location, in down town LA making them truely LA’s team rather than leaving to a suburb away from the heart of the city.

On 3/14/2019 at 7:19 PM, dont care said:

Lakers shouldn’t leave the staples center being in a more prime location, in down town LA making them truely LA’s team rather than leaving to a suburb away from the heart of the city.

Well, let's not forget that the Lakers were the city's team even during the decades when they DID play in Inglewood, and the Clippers played much closer to downtown at the Sports Arena.

But DTLA is a much different place now, and no matter how huge and hip the Patriot Place-type development next to the Rams stadium will get, I can't see it eclipsing the current state of downtown. I guess it might make sense for the Clippers to move out there if they can maybe piggyback on the Olympics? But I can just as easily see them moving out of LA entirely.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

4 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

I didn't expect the Lakers to win a Title with Lebron.

But I also didn't expect them to entirely miss the playoffs. So much for the Lebron experiment...

The West is a whole different animal from the East.

LeBron missed six weeks. Lonzo has been out half the season. Ingram missed a quarter of the year.

This was always going to be a throwaway season for LA, but they had injury disaster.

Their trades were stupid too. Zubac should still be on that team.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Yeah, I’d like to point out that the entire Lakers starting 5 and their 3 best bench players, all missed significant time due to injury. Then we went ahead and traded our only, consistently healthy center for a garbage PF.

There’s no team in the league that could have survived that. 

The Lakers were 20-14 and 4th in the West before everybody started getting hurt. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

The biggest game of both the Heat and Magic seasons is tomorrow, with the winner taking control of the 8 seed. This has been a crazy run, and the Magic have accomplished more than I ever imagined for this season. No matter what happens in the end, this team has my - and the whole city’s - respect.

Man, it felt good seeing this:

kHUMoQc.jpg

on the scoreboard (and all over the graphics package). I can’t even imagine what could be in store for the future.

ExJworW.png

1 hour ago, ninersdd said:

Brutal injury for Nurkic in Portland

I hate it for he and Portland, especially for it to happen this late in the season. And I think the worst thing about the injury is that we see that incident plenty, in which players come down on someone's foot. Nurkic just happen to be unlucky enough to be the rare occasion that it ended up gruesome, and not the common ankle sprain. Get well soon.

Archived