2018-19 NBA Season - New and improved!

DG_ThenNowForever

It's funny to think Celtics basketball may have peaked with IT and then they threw him away like garbage.

Thomas still hasn't played for Denver so it's not like they made the wrong choice with him or anything, but it's nice to feel smug that Danny Ainge's master plan may be blowing up in his face.

Or, perhaps not. The Celtics are an example of team building the "right" way -- smart trades, smart drafts, smart player development, generally smart signings. Maybe the lesson is to remember they're all kind of :censored:s and there is no virtue in pro sports. Or capitalism.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean all in all, I was actually a fan of Dennis Smith Jr with the Mavs. Hopefully he can be a piece of the Knicks moving forward. 

And, I know this season is pretty much a write off, but a starting 5 of Dennis Smith Jr., Wesley Matthews, Kevin Knox, Kanter and Jordan isn't terrible. A full season of that team in the East could honestly make a playoff push. The East is that weak.

sig.png

59 minutes ago, pmoehrin said:

The Knicks are just clearing out cap space so they can go after Harper and Machado.

Ha ha. Yes, players in NBA still get paid.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Ha ha. Yes, players in NBA still get paid.

Yeah, I'll take NBA drama at its most annoying over MLB lack of drama, and I say that as a fan of one of the last 4 or 5 watchable baseball teams!

In other news, this is a cool story. Channeling all my schadenfreude to the Lakers while I can before they get AD.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I mean all in all, I was actually a fan of Dennis Smith Jr with the Mavs. Hopefully he can be a piece of the Knicks moving forward. 

And, I know this season is pretty much a write off, but a starting 5 of Dennis Smith Jr., Wesley Matthews, Kevin Knox, Kanter and Jordan isn't terrible. A full season of that team in the East could honestly make a playoff push. The East is that weak.

Don't be shocked if Wes Matthews and Jordan are traded before the deadline.  Heck, both are buyout candidates too.  Rockets and Sixers would take Matthews if the Knicks buy him out since they thought the Mavs were going to do it after the trade deadline.

Matthews would be awesome on both of those teams. Or the Warriors. The Lakers could use him too.

DJ got lazy. I'm not sure where his value is now.

29 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Wrong thread?

SvETXbb.gif

If there were an all-day star title belt, D'Angelo Russell would carry it around with him.

Anthony Davis' Pops chimes in a text to Ramona (Go on new Mom, get that scoop!).  He doesn'twant to see his son in Boston because...wait for it...how they treated IT.

"I would never want my son to play for Boston after what they done to Isaiah Thomas," Anthony Davis Sr. told ESPN on Friday, referencing the former Celtics star point guard who was traded for Kyrie Irving amid his recovery from a hip injury. "No loyalty. Guy gives his heart and soul and they traded him."

Davis Sr. clarified that this is solely his opinion, and he can't speak for his son.

"This is just my opinion, not Anthony's," he said. "I've just seen things over the years with Boston, and there's no loyalty."

If only football parents would be so candid, instead of sucking the teet of the sport which does so much damage to their sons outside of complaining about an NCAA program which abuses their kid.  

Gotta say this, but I'm loving this HOU@DEN game.

Even my Mom, who is visiting me as he wants to host a Super Bowl party for folks under 40, likes little defense as she is doing her meal prep with a glass of Sailor Jerry's, which she's never had before. 

6 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

I feel like that post explains ust about everything. 

Your post including your bragging of vandalism of Cowboys/AT&T Stadium made sure you would never be invited to an event with where my Mom appears or cooks (oftentimes poorly).

just keep up you

Ice_Cap, with his Tampa connection, DG, and BBTV are in.  Just keep up your Reno, SF, Sacramento, Phoenix/Tempe, and Tampa salad of fandom when convenient.  

30 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

k sounds good.

Well, NYE 2019-2020, my family may send you some black-eyed peas and collards with traditionally good luck with the penny in the stew.

You may need such luck with the Sacramento MLS bid even with Ron Burkle...

7 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Your post including your bragging of vandalism of Cowboys/AT&T Stadium made sure you would never be invited to an event with where my Mom appears or cooks (oftentimes poorly).

just keep up you

Ice_Cap, with his Tampa connection, DG, and BBTV are in.  Just keep up your Reno, SF, Sacramento, Phoenix/Tempe, and Tampa salad of fandom when convenient.  

I'm in as long as we can live stream it for the rest of the members to enjoy.  What could possibly go wrong?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, dfwabel said:

just keep up you

He ain't the only one with a Tampa connection, 'mate. Many of us here.

spacer.png

Archived