Jump to content

2018-19 NBA Season - New and improved!


DG_ThenNowForever
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Digby said:

That's absolutely hysterical and a perfectly logical thing to happen in today's NBA. Wojnarowski is an accessory to the crime.

 

Woj hates LeBron; him dripping out trade details through the week was so obviously him hurting LeBron because he could.

 

New Orleans is still a garbage franchise. Let's not forget they had this entire decade to find support for Anthony Davis and instead they sat in their thumbs. Sell the franchise and move it; no one in the city cares and everyone will be happy to forget it ever existed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The New Orleans NBA franchise does not get enough attention as a huge mistake. It screwed with basketball in Charlotte, killed it in Seattle, and freed up the idiot coffee baron to go on TV and make everyone mad at him. 

 

Not to mention being party to the Chris Paul/Lakers failed trade, which had some butterfly effect into the current superteam mess the NBA finds itself in. New Orleans is the Anthony Weiner of basketball.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Digby said:

 

Not to mention being party to the Chris Paul/Lakers failed trade, which had some butterfly effect into the current superteam mess the NBA finds itself in. New Orleans is the Anthony Weiner of basketball.

 

oh my god it really is

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Wings said:

Goodbye New Orleans. Hello Seattle. 

Goodbye Seattle. Hellooooo, Toltecs!

 

I love how smaller teams are finally standing up to the Lakers/any other big market team trying to strongarm them. This season feels like one of my stupid 2K saves where I turn all rules off and just watch the chaos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dont care said:

So they get nothing in return, and now will never sign another big free agent after seeing how petty they are. I say they lost this round especially in the long run.

Quite the contrary. By waiting until the offseason, they actually open up the bidding war by bringing in the Celtics, Knicks, and probably other teams too. They won't get "nothing in return."

 

As for major free agents, they've never signed with New Orleans and probably never will. That isn't going to change whether they give in to the Lakers' demands or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Right; even apart from all the nonsense, I'd take even an outside chance at Jayson Tatum or Zion Williamson over Lonzo and a bunch of middling-at-best picks. Of course a team that couldn't make Anthony Davis into a contender probably won't with Tatum either, but still.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Quite the contrary. By waiting until the offseason, they actually open up the bidding war by bringing in the Celtics, Knicks, and probably other teams too. They won't get "nothing in return."

 

As for major free agents, they've never signed with New Orleans and probably never will. That isn't going to change whether they give in to the Lakers' demands or not.

Yea I thought this was AD’s contract year, NVM they played the lakers like a fiddle and it’s incredibly entertaining now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

People talk like the Lakers are the big bad of the NBA, but they haven't won a trade since Pau a decade ago.

 

I really don't get the league-wide animus toward a team that's been middle of the pack, at best, for a decade, and has only scored one big free agent since Shaq. The perception is way far away from reality.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Goodbye Seattle. Hellooooo, Toltecs!

 

I love how smaller teams are finally standing up to the Lakers/any other big market team trying to strongarm them. This season feels like one of my stupid 2K saves where I turn all rules off and just watch the chaos.

Your boys just traded for Markelle Fultz!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, the admiral said:

The New Orleans NBA franchise does not get enough attention as a huge mistake. It screwed with basketball in Charlotte, killed it in Seattle, and freed up the idiot coffee baron to go on TV and make everyone mad at him. 

 

Just stop.

 

New Orleans having an NBA franchise did little in regards to screwing with basketball in Charlotte (Shinn did that on his own); and as I have described before, nothing to do with "killing it in Seattle".

 

What's next for you, New Orleans in the NBA is responsible for Trump's election?😋

 

 

6 hours ago, dfwabel said:

That said, it seems that Gayle Benson is just neglecting the franchise in preparation for Davis' eventual departure and she'll sell and the team will move so she can fully focus on the Saints and a new stadium, because they're pouring $200M into the Superdome every eight years or so. 

 

Where do you get this impression? Talking heads on sports blogs, or out of your own ass?  Gayle Benson was the one who convinced her late husband Tom Benson to buy the Hornets franchise from the NBA. She was the prime factor in the re-brand to the Pelicans, and personally picked out the new color scheme.  She is invested in this team as HER "baby" (Saints were clearly Tom's) and has publicly (and privately) given her commitment to the Pelicans franchise remaining in New Orleans.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Clippers had a great trade deadline all in all. Losing Tobias and Boban sucks, but the draft picks they got in return are excellent, and Landry Shamet is a very solid rookie. Somehow, they managed to trade the useless Avery Bradley for two decent players on expiring contracts without giving up any picks. And as the cherry on top, the Lakers decided to gift Zubac to the Clippers for essentially nothing. The rest of the season should be fun to watch, and the future is looking bright.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, B-Rich said:

 

Just stop.

 

New Orleans having an NBA franchise did little in regards to screwing with basketball in Charlotte (Shinn did that on his own); and as I have described before, nothing to do with "killing it in Seattle".

 

What's next for you, New Orleans in the NBA is responsible for Trump's election?😋

 

 

 

Where do you get this impression? Talking heads on sports blogs, or out of your own ass?  Gayle Benson was the one who convinced her late husband Tom Benson to buy the Hornets franchise from the NBA. She was the prime factor in the re-brand to the Pelicans, and personally picked out the new color scheme.  She is invested in this team as HER "baby" (Saints were clearly Tom's) and has publicly (and privately) given her commitment to the Pelicans franchise remaining in New Orleans.  

Those who I know in sports media don't cover the NBA.

I do talk to a guy who used to work for me when he was an undergrad.  He has worked in the NBA Office, spent time in the Finance Dept. of MSG, and now is a similar role for a team in the Western Conference.  We talk/text monthly and see each other during Homecoming and/or during NBA's Vegas Summer League. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.