2019 NHL All-Star Game Uniforms Unveiled

2019 NHL All-Star Game Uniforms Unveiled

January 9, 2019 - 17:01 PM

Out of the water and onto the ice, the National Hockey League and Adidas this afternoon released the uniform designs for the 2019 NHL All-Star Game to be held later this month in San Jose, California. Going with a monochromatic […]

Read More...

18 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Worst NHL All Star uniforms ever! It's like adidas and Nike share the same brain now! 

Worse than these? I'm glad to see a shift in using the team logos...might actually buy one now instead of something with a giant NHL crest on it.

nhl-all-star-2015-jerseys-header-logo.jp

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

4 minutes ago, AJM said:

Worse than these? I'm glad to see a shift in using the team logos...might actually buy one now instead of something with a giant NHL crest on it.

At least there's more than two colors,but yes this is way worse than this year's uniform I agree. Even more astounding is that these were used for the Columbus All stat Game, AFTER they had to wait a year for the game!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I don’t even mind them. Sure, they could be better from a design perspective and could have used something from the history of the area, but the uniforms are clean and I won’t mind seeing them in action. The Parley collaboration is unique and I like the direction of the project.

Just my opinion, though. Totally understand if people don’t like them.

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

At least there's more than two colors,but yes this is way worse than this year's uniform I agree. Even more astounding is that these were used for the Columbus All stat Game, AFTER they had to wait a year for the game!

Having more than two colors isn't the problem here. The design, especially the stripes make it look something off the discount rack at Ross. I'd take this year's ASG sweater over those any day.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

While the design is better than the design Black/Neon Green, it still looks rather devoid of life. I believe Adidas did something like this with some MLS teams a few years ago, using colorless (read: Black/Dark Gray) uniforms made out of recycled plastic as well. Does Adidas not have the ability to dye said material?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

46 minutes ago, DustDevil61 said:

While the design is better than the design Black/Neon Green, it still looks rather devoid of life. I believe Adidas did something like this with some MLS teams a few years ago, using colorless (read: Black/Dark Gray) uniforms made out of recycled plastic as well. Does Adidas not have the ability to dye said material?

They do, but have had issues with the soccer jerseys. The badges and sponsor logos would disappear when they got wet. Granted they were the same color as the jerseys. U of Miami wore orange jerseys this year so I don't know why teal couldn't be done as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 hours ago, AJM said:

I actually LOVED those jerseys!

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

A step backward aesthetically, but it will probably be a big step forward for merchandise sales. In some form, I expect this will become the new norm for a while. I was looking forward to Sharks colors for the teams... teal/orange/gray+white/black.

My gut reaction was to pan these, but I sorta liked when the NBA did an All-Star Game with everyone in their regular unis... this might not be the worst way to mesh a bunch of identities together in a cohesive way that is also marketable and popular as merchandising... I'm a sucker for the big NHL crest, but there are very few NHL All-Star unis I history I would say I like overall.

Archived