Bengals Uniform Redesign

Jumba66

Hey guys! So, being both a Bengals fan and a fan of uniform design/concepts, I stumbled across this website recently and started to really dabble on my own. While I’m definitely not a wizard by any means, I tried to come up with some cool Uniforms that are kind of a blend of the 80’s, the current color rush, and a couple of new tweaks of my own, such as making orange primary pants and matching the socks to the jersey. 

I have a Home, Away, Alternate “color rush”, Home/Away Throwbacks. I have also added some alternate pants options for the Home, Away, and Alternate.

Sorry for the difficulties, But please follow the link below and let let me know what you think. 

https://m.imgur.com/a/Gyqz3LF

7 minutes ago, Jumba66 said:

Sorry having a few technical difficulties/REALLY slow internet. Should be up soon.

You can't upload PDFs and have them display on the boards. Make sure your files are in a raster image format (e.g. .JPG, .GIF or .PNG) and upload them to a third-party image hosting site like Imgur. Then you can copy the URL from that site (again making sure it ends in the raster image format file extension) and and paste it into the reply box on the boards, which should embed the image directly into your post.

Good concept. Here is my C&C:

Add TV Numbers to the shoulders

Change the main font away from a plain typing font, it looks to lazy 

Make a colored collar because it looks a little too plain on the neckline

da0Lbhs.png

4 hours ago, Jumba66 said:

Hey guys! So, being both a Bengals fan and a fan of uniform design/concepts, I stumbled across this website recently and started to really dabble on my own. While I’m definitely not a wizard by any means, I tried to come up with some cool Uniforms that are kind of a blend of the 80’s, the current color rush, and a couple of new tweaks of my own, such as making orange primary pants and matching the socks to the jersey. 

I have a Home, Away, Alternate “color rush”, Home/Away Throwbacks. I have also added some alternate pants options for the Home, Away, and Alternate.

Sorry for the difficulties, But please follow the link below and let let me know what you think. 

https://m.imgur.com/a/Gyqz3LF

Not bad. I like the orange pants with the black jerseys. Surprised they've never tried that before - or orange pants at all for that matter.

I echo the concern about the number font, though. One that stands out would really elevate this concept.

Thanks guys for the comments @MCM0313 and @simtek34 !

I would really like to do a font like the Texans color rush, but I’m very limited for the next month or so, but I agree that it would look a lot better. Same goes for the shoulder numbers, currently limited, but I will try and see if I can update it. 

As for the collar, I was trying to bring the 80s same color collar into the mix, and kept going back and forth with collar or no collar, but I think that worked better because of the stripe being up top. 

I think you need to simplify the tiger stripes on the jersey sleeves and the pants stripe. Something more akin to the helmet or the sock stripe. They'll look better from a distance, whether in the stands or a wide angle TV shot, or while the player is in motion. What you have now would get pretty muddled.

1 hour ago, officeglenn said:

I think you need to simplify the tiger stripes on the jersey sleeves and the pants stripe. Something more akin to the helmet or the sock stripe. They'll look better from a distance, whether in the stands or a wide angle TV shot, or while the player is in motion. What you have now would get pretty muddled.

Good eye. I’ve looked at this many times and never even thought it, but then again the socks were the last thing I did, so I didn’t put it all together. Thanks!

I like the uniforms, but there are two things: the number font doesn't work at all, it needs to be thicker and a more menacing, Bengal-like font, if that makes sense, something with edge, modern maybe. And also the throwbacks, despite being good designs, look so much like the Browns. Good first concept tho. 

Archived