Charlotte Dragons

rmered

The more I think about it, Flight was far and away the best name. The explanation they gave for not picking Flight was BS too.

"Not enough flexibility?" Flight is the most flexible name they had. You can do planes, wings, birds, players "taking flight," etc.

Bobcats is . . . a bobcat.

And the Flight logo (first row, second from the left) is better than any other logo they had to choose from.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

The more I think about it, Flight was far and away the best name. The explanation they gave for not picking Flight was BS too.

"Not enough flexibility?" Flight is the most flexible name they had. You can do planes, wings, birds, players "taking flight," etc.

And the Flight logo (first row, second from the left) is better than any other logo they had to choose from.

So do you think it had anything to do with the owner's name being Bob?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

The more I think about it, Flight was far and away the best name.  The explanation they gave for not picking Flight was BS too.

"Not enough flexibility?"  Flight is the most flexible name they had.  You can do planes, wings, birds, players "taking flight," etc.

Well obviously it did. That would be why I said they gave a BS excuse, as opposed to, you know, a non-BS excuse.

RIF

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

The more I think about it, Flight was far and away the best name.  The explanation they gave for not picking Flight was BS too.

"Not enough flexibility?"  Flight is the most flexible name they had.  You can do planes, wings, birds, players "taking flight," etc.

Well obviously it did. That would be why I said they gave a BS excuse, as opposed to, you know, a non-BS excuse.

RIF

Was that their reasoning?

Or was that the actual reason, but not the reason given?

ie they said they just preferred Bobcats, even though everyone knows it was because a bloke named Bob owned them and was surreptitiously naming them after himself.

Which is kinda pathetic.

What sort of self image does the man have when he has to name his sporting team after himself?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

what I'd like to know is in what design circles is it not frowned upon to put your mascot in sunglasses. its bad enough in minor league baseball, but to think that the bobcat wearing shades made it into the final stages of NBA design is heinous. on that note, i'd really like the cartoon dribbling bobcat if it wasnt for the sunglasses. WTF?? it just doesnt make any sense.

what I'd like to know is in what design circles is it not frowned upon to put your mascot in sunglasses. its bad enough in minor league baseball, but to think that the bobcat wearing shades made it into the final stages of NBA design is heinous. on that note, i'd really like the cartoon dribbling bobcat if it wasnt for the sunglasses. WTF?? it just doesnt make any sense.

Excellent point. Any logo involving sunglasses should have been summarily tossed on first inspection.

Excellent point. Any logo involving sunglasses should have been summarily tossed on first inspection.

But sunglasses mean cool! and I want to be cool too! And if my team is cool, then I am cool too! And the childrens market we are going for where all of the merchandising money comes from only likes things that pander to them because thy're... well.. cool!! Marketing is terrific!!! :)

Archived