National Premier Soccer League redesign (Club Atletico Saint Louis 5/8-6/14)

Pulv!

On 1/9/2021 at 5:22 PM, squad said:

I remember Adriano going to play for Miami United.

Haha, no way!🤣 I thought he stopped playing in Brasil...

On 1/9/2021 at 1:54 PM, CMD3 said:

New York Athletic Club reminds me a lot of Olympiacos.

I designed the home kit thinking of Atletico Madrid, but now you mentioned it the laurel in the logo gives it major Olympiakos vibes.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naples United Football Club

Nickname: NUFC

Home field: Paradise Coast Sports Complex, Naples, FL

Founded: 2017

Titles: -

Logo: I tried to mix influences from Napoli roundel logo (the O.G. italian team) and reused the idea of the sailboat to convey the holiday paradise feel that is essentialy south Florida core business. i also tried to keep it as simple ad possible as their actual logo is way too busy.

Kit: For the home kit I decided to try a seaman stripes feel, linked to the boat on the logo, all in the traditional baby blue color. The away kit is actually inspired by the full ocean camo shirts that Napoli wears, that are in my humble opinion very ugly, but the use of the camo pattern only on the sleeves is a unique touch I can see very dear to an american fandom.

51094833059_edb1561f77_o.png

51094850042_7ee79214c4_o.png

For reference the actual logo and kits:

Naples_United_FC_Logo.png DYv-6CGUMAAPcDQ.jpg 255002_14b.jpg

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

• 1 month later...

Storm Football Club

Home field: Central Broward Stadium, Lauderhill, FL

Founded: 2013

Logo: I kept it simple, using the lightning bolt to symbolise the storm and the slanted shield is to give the logo a more dynamic feel.

Kit: the home kit uses the same lightning bolt patter of the logo, similar to some Stade Francais jerseys (yep, that's a rugby club). For the clash kit I went with a more traditional sash look in continuity with the team tradition.

51162076476_f7357f7643_o.png

51161418357_345c1ed355_o.png

logo_Storm-FC.png?fit=500,500&ssl=113891977_1101257976587010_9071839596699706032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=e3f864&_nc_ohc=toI1CC_ryZ0AX_-mbbV&_nc_ht=scontent-mxp1-1.xx&oh=d5a04ce4c09f0afb41c7d46cac2b81e9&oe=60B9133Db978df2a54ecd3448b3a68cfa0f70e6a.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Tulsa Athletic

Nicknames: A's, Foxes

Home field: Veterans Park, Tulsa, OK

Titles: 4 conference championships (2013, 2014, 2019)

Logo: I used their actual logo, that I really like, but changing the colors. I have nothing against pink on sport kits, but it has to have some sense and purpose, that was totally lacking when they decided to slap an highliter pink crest on a green and yellow jersey. I used the same colors in the Oakland A's scheme, playing on the team name.

Kit: the home kit follows on the baseball path, with a double yellow pinstripe pattern . The clash kit was inspired by a white kit worn by the team in the past.

51221678130_18999b771d_o.png

51221370774_5e487d7de3_o.png

Tulsa_Athletic.PNG 200625143825-01-tulsa-athletic-team-larg standings.jpg

• Pulv! changed the title to National Premier Soccer League redesign (Tulsa Athletic 1/6-6/14)
  • 4 months later...

Oklahoma City 1889 Football Club

Nickname: Fighting Imps

Home field: Tom Thompson Field, Edmond, OK

Founded: 2017

Logo: I ditched the roundel logo, keeping only the interlaced letters, it makes for a more clean and traditional look

Kit: inspired by their horizontaly striped kit, the striping has a gradient  from black to white to give the jersey dimension. The clash kit is a white version.

51559372769_3e782390be_o.png

51558681761_5872930c9c_o.png

logo_OKC-1889-FC.pngDgvFAYNUEAAI5kI.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRAiB7DLi3Fn4I3RQhj4q

• Pulv! changed the title to National Premier Soccer League redesign (Oklahoma City 1889 FC 2/6-6/14)

Dallas City Football Club

Nickname: DCFC

Home field: DCFC McKinney Soccer Complex, McKinney, TX

Logo: I like their actual logo shape and basic scheme but eliminated the yellow useless stars and the ramping lions, which had no business being there fighting for a ball.

Kit: Home kit is inspired by the one they sported this past season, a very original look. The away kit is an homage to the city of Dallas through the use of its flag, a star standing on two stripes.

51573304343_3eaee274e0_o.png

51573304383_16e1180bcf_o.png

Dallas_city_fc_logo.jpg2021-results.pngCbwJUdsUUAA5Lw2.jpg

• Pulv! changed the title to National Premier Soccer League redesign (Dallas City FC 3/6-6/14)

Hey great series so far. Is that your template or one that's open to others?

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

8 hours ago, Telemundo219 said:

Hey great series so far. Is that your template or one that's open to others?

The template I use is a tweaked version of @raysoxNike template from some years ago that was posted on the "concept resources" section of the forum.

4 hours ago, TheSquirrel said:

How do you pick the sponsors.

They seem  to be companies headquartered in the area where the team is from i.e Aetna, headquartered in Hartford, CT, is Hartford's sponsor. OG&E (Oklahoma Gas and Electric) is headquartered in OKC and therefore is OKC's sponsor. I like this (it's how it should be) and what I'm doing from my league (may put it out here eventually).

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

9 hours ago, Telemundo219 said:

They seem  to be companies headquartered in the area where the team is from i.e Aetna, headquartered in Hartford, CT, is Hartford's sponsor. OG&E (Oklahoma Gas and Electric) is headquartered in OKC and therefore is OKC's sponsor. I like this (it's how it should be) and what I'm doing from my league (may put it out here eventually).

Yep, exactly, you got it right. I usually take the list of the top employers in the city area and choose the one that has a good vector logo of a usable shape I can slap on the jersey. For Louisville, for example, I chose UPS as the sponsor because they have a massive hub there, although UPS is not originally from the city. In my humble opinion It gives a more grassroot feel to the league to have local companies sponsoring teams from their city. I appreciate a lot when it happens in the real world.

On 10/14/2021 at 5:36 AM, Pulv! said:

Yep, exactly, you got it right. I usually take the list of the top employers in the city area and choose the one that has a good vector logo of a usable shape I can slap on the jersey. For Louisville, for example, I chose UPS as the sponsor because they have a massive hub there, although UPS is not originally from the city. In my humble opinion It gives a more grassroot feel to the league to have local companies sponsoring teams from their city. I appreciate a lot when it happens in the real world.

Is there a site ur doing this from or just like Wikipedia? Making a league and trying to do that myself. I have downloads vector of companies per city but another source to look would be helpful

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

17 hours ago, Telemundo219 said:

Is there a site ur doing this from or just like Wikipedia? Making a league and trying to do that myself. I have downloads vector of companies per city but another source to look would be helpful

Wikipedia is usually the best place to download good quality logos already in vector format, but I just look on google for the logos. If the logo is simple enough I use a good quality image to vectorize it myself. If the logo is too complex and I'm not able to find a vector file, then I change sponsor 😅 My main focus is on the jersey design so I don't like to loose too much time on a sponsor logo.

• 3 months later...

Reign Football Klub

Nickname: RFK

Home field: OKWU Soccer Complex, Bartlesville, OK

Founded: 2019

Logo: I tried to rethink their interloking letters idea as in their current logo the signs do not make sense to me...The roundel layout I like but here I tried something more different, with the lettering following the logo lnes instead of the roundel shape.

Kit: Home kit is inspired by the one gradient shoulder version they use. I'm usually against gradients on jerseys, but thris pale violet color blends very well with the white tone. The away kit is on the contrary a bold color clash of the more traditional kind.

51856892494_8a06c7d65f_o.png

51856892544_4f1cd05e65_o.png

For reference the actual logos and kits:

hbZuknTl_400x400.jpg 1619032011-grid.png    1620073182-list.jpg

• Pulv! changed the title to National Premier Soccer League redesign (Reign Football Klub 4/6-6/14)
  • 1 month later...

Club Atletico Saint Louis

Nickname:  The Bluebirds

Home field: SLUH Soccer Stadium, St. Louis, MO

Founded: 2016

Logo: I kept their current logo, as it is quite modern and with distinct colors.

Kit:  The Home kit reuses the striping seen on the crest but with a different width, to make the sapphire blue more prevalent. The clash kit is inspired by St. Louis's City flag which stands for the place  where the city is located, at the convergence of the Mississippi and Missouri rivers. The river pattern is used again on the shorts.

51944138036_3788e8859e_o.png

51944138066_a299bba04f_o.png

For reference the actual logos and kits:

1641838480-grid.jpg

• Pulv! changed the title to National Premier Soccer League redesign (Club Atletico Saint Louis 5/8-6/14)

Archived