National Premier Soccer League redesign (Club Atletico Saint Louis 5/8-6/14)

Pulv!

Just now, Pulv! said:

I'm trying to use as much as possible the original color scheme for every team, in case just adding new colors, so, New York traditional blue and orange could be good, but a big departure from the red jersey usually worn by the NYAC.

Maybe a bigger winged foot could upgrade the logo, I'll be working on it. The laurel is an homage to the history of the club and , yes, it looks like an academic thing more than a soccer badge, but in this way it looks a lot more like european soccer badges, as in many cases the teams were founded inside multisport associations exactly like the NYAC, at times with an academic background.

Perhaps my idea is more of a clash kit thing, then?

I see about the laurel.  I just don't think it adds anything with the way it's executed.  I'd say move it to the bottom half of the roundel and just have the top say "New York AC" or even "NYAC."  Then have the stripes take up the entire length of the inner circle, and superimpose the wingfoot over the stripes and make it the focus.

I get European-style badges and all, but even those have evolved over time and are noticeable different than they were originally.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NicDB said:

Perhaps my idea is more of a clash kit thing, then?

I see about the laurel.  I just don't think it adds anything with the way it's executed.  I'd say move it to the bottom half of the roundel and just have the top say "New York AC" or even "NYAC."  Then have the stripes take up the entire length of the inner circle, and superimpose the wingfoot over the stripes and make it the focus.

I get European-style badges and all, but even those have evolved over time and are noticeable different than they were originally.

I think as it is right now, is a good update to the original which needed an update, I really like European style badges more and this hits that stride, definitely my favorite so far. Those colors work really well too

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• 2 weeks later...

Rhode Island Reds FC

Nickname: RI Reds

Home field: Johnston High School Mazzulla Field, Johnston, RI

Founded: 2012

Titles: -

Logo: I really liked their logo update so I stayed with the same design, just tweaking the colors to make the red more prominent, and I got rid of the fading gradinet in the shield.

Kit: home kit is a two tone red sash look with golden yellow accents, the same colors of the team crest. The away kit pays homage to the flag of the state of Rhode Island, with the traditional color scheme of gold white and navy; the vertical striping is linked to the nautical theme as it represents a mooring rope similar to the one used on the state flag.

47570656162_8e40eb4891_o.png

40657048003_4930eae91f_o.png

For reference the actual jerseys and logo

Rhode-Island-Reds-FC_Logo_transparent_bk-1.pnghome.jpg?auto=format&fit=max&w=1000Image of 2019 Away Jersey Pre-Order

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

RI kits are class, but the two tone red doesn't stand out enough. I think conceptually it's good, but you wouldn't be able to see any of it from any sort of distance, plus I just think having the navy clash actually works in the IRL rebrand's favor.

But those kits are total CLASS. One suggestion tho, if you're going to have no red anywhere on the secondary kit, I might suggest that a recolored crest with the navy, gold, and white motifs might look less out of place. Especially since the navy has otherwise been excised from the crest.

It's a minor gripe I usually have with kits when teams don't use any of the colors from their crest in a secondary kit, I think it doesn't look as perfect as it would with a recolored crest. Just a different school of thought.

spacer.png

Here you have the logo with the addition of navy blue. It definitely pops more and adds a color reference also in the clash kit, as I'm not a fan of recoloring logos specifically for the clash unless the logo is a very simple one. I personally still prefer the two tone red version as it is more unique and is better suited with the Reds theme. Let me know your thoughts on the matter!

47631773681_77b791230c_o.png

33754490938_105350cf31_o.png

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

• 1 month later...

Hartford City FC

Nickname: Colts

Home field: Al-Marzook Field, Hartford, CT

Founded: 2015

Logo: The overall shape is based on the colts' factory dome, a peculiar structure of shiny tiles built on top of the factory. The star motif is also taken from the dome and the number of 12 stars was chosen to symbolise the 11 players plus the fans.

Kit:  It could be possible to make a star-studded jersey, but in the end more is less and just a row of stars has a greater impact than a shirt-ful. The away jersey is an homage to the long gone but never forgotten Hartford Whalers, with the iconic away striping.

47945381216_ed220fbc90_o.png

47945381321_eaf49608b7_o.png

For reference the actual jerseys and logo

150px-Hartfordcity_fc_logo.pngjersey10.jpg03792-hcfc.jpg

Greater Lowell Rough Diamonds

Nickname: GL Diamonds

Motto: Training and Character

Home field: Tyngsboro Sport Center, Tyngsboro, MA

Founded: 2016

Logo: The idea was to incorporate a diamond on the center pentagonal panel of a  soccer ball. GL and RD are used instead of the full name, to make the logo simpler and more clean.

Kit:  Both kits have sublimated diamond pattern and display the love and character of the club with their bold colors of canary and black.

48001710698_2695e1dd5c_o.png

48001650897_b914bc5e40_o.png

For reference the actual logo and kits

Rough-diamond-final-270x300.png4-9.jpg?resize=773,380Rough-Diamond-Team-shot-e1542288525199.jpg

Looking forward to your take on Buffalo, as I think there is so much potential for them IRL, visually, if they just updated their crest a bit.

Buddy of mine (from there) tried writing a fan-chant for them called "Nickel and Lightning," and if nothing else I think that name is badass. 

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

Charlottesville Alliance FC

Nickname: C'ville Alliance

Home field: Charlottesville High School Stadium, Charlottesville, VA

Founded: 2016

Logo: I used their actual logo, as it looked fairly cool and unique

Kit: The home kit is inspired by their logo and the clash kit is a darker take on the striped jersey.

48127363512_f92859a88a_o.png

48127306588_ab6221f2c6_o.png

For reference the actual home kit

cafc-20180603-game-7.jpg?resize=773,380&ssl=1

20 hours ago, TheBW91 said:

even though they folded, when you get to the southern division can you try redesigning the Birmingham Hammers

For sure, I'll do that gladly. 

FC Frederick

Nickname: -

Home field: Thomas Athletic Field, Frederick, MD

Founded: 1986

Logo: I was inspired by their actual logo, but decided to make it bicolor and get rid of the black.

Kit: The home kit is quite similar to the one they actually use, but the orizontal stripes are broader. The clash kit is an homage to the flage of the state of Maryland, in its maroon and white portion (the yellow and black portion will feature in another kit); the shorts' striping is slanted to represent the slanted stripe on the chequered pattern you can find on the state flag. 

48232834496_c00dac5248_o.png

48232909027_51e7bc281f_o.png

For reference their actual logo and kits (in the last photo the white one):

FC-Frederick-Logo.jpgDeEz0voWsAECPeR.jpg?zoom=2.625&resize=394,438&ssl=1IMG_6760_Watermark.jpg?resize=640,391&ssl=1

• 2 weeks later...

Northern Virginia United FC 

Nickname: NVU

Home field: Cropp Metcalfe Park, Leesburg, VA

Founded: 2018

Logo: I really like their actual logo, I just made some minor tweaks, like changing the font and arching also the bottom part of the lettering. I also added the year of foundation and their nickname. Most importantly I swapped the black with a dark navy blue.

Kit: The home kit is heavily inspired by the ones they sport now, but with the addiction of a circular navy striping. The clash kit has a fading pattern joining together the socks, shorts and jersey.

48301229486_a65e61ebd2_o.png

48301229526_6833b0e54a_o.png

For reference the actual logo and kits:

NwepAJ5__400x400.jpg3be6d6_7124f4971ff94921ac426dfd7d42edc5~mv2_d_3871_2581_s_4_2.jpgD8fqZrfWsAAsk_D.jpg

• 2 months later...

FC Baltimore Christos

Nickname: -

Home field:CCBC Essex Stadium, Essex, MD

Founded: 2018

Logo: I liked the idea of the badge with the flag of Maryland, I just edited the font and got rid of the year number, that doesn't make a lot of sense, as it is the year of foundation of the city and not of the soccer team.

Kit: Their home kits are not that bad, I just made the pattern full-shirt, instead of only on diagonal sashes. The away kit is inspired by the black and gold part of Maryland flag. 

48822900516_4042f24244_o.png

48823056717_bbe01e091d_o.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThHVlXDREMH_AbhYs4Getcontentrotator636955878145741476.pngDhIlzXUX0AE_Jq4.jpg EBARs4fWsAAVR0m.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Virginia Beach City FC 

Nickname: VB City

Home field: Powhatan Field, Norfolk, VA

Founded: 2013

Titles: 2 conference championships

Logo: I tried to make the trident logo look less sharp designing a rounder shield. The reduced lettering enables to get rid of the top text bar of the previous logo.

Kit: The kit is a rethinking of this year Juventus kit, where, instead of having the usual striped jersey, the bicolor shirt makes the players the stripes themselves. The clash kit is just a white color swap.

48872184066_f024438f99_o.png

48871651323_9e0a3b29ce_o.png

VB_City_FC.pngVBCity.jpg?resize=773,380&ssl=1 images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcBq9Ls75m34Cl0TezhYU

Archived