Pulv!

National Premier Soccer League redesign (Virginia Beach City FC 5/5-2/13)

21 hours ago, Pulv! said:

Virginia Beach City FC 

Nickname: VB City

Home field: Powhatan Field, Norfolk, VA

Founded: 2013

Titles: 2 conference championships

Logo: I tried to make the trident logo look less sharp designing a rounder shield. The reduced lettering enables to get rid of the top text bar of the previous logo.

Kit: The kit is a rethinking of this year Juventus kit, where, instead of having the usual striped jersey, the bicolor shirt makes the players the stripes themselves. The clash kit is just a white color swap.

48872184066_f024438f99_o.png

48871651323_9e0a3b29ce_o.png

For reference the actual logo and kits:

VB_City_FC.pngVBCity.jpg?resize=773,380&ssl=1 images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcBq9Ls75m34Cl0TezhYU

I'm gonna have to say that the actual crest still looks better, but your version isn't bad either. Though you can definitely improve on the home kit by removing the golden stripe in the middle altogether and then make the left sleeve on the black side blue. That way, it has a little more balance of the colours and you don't need to have the back name and numbers in a black box. 

On 10/10/2019 at 8:07 PM, Axe said:

I'm gonna have to say that the actual crest still looks better, but your version isn't bad either. Though you can definitely improve on the home kit by removing the golden stripe in the middle altogether and then make the left sleeve on the black side blue. That way, it has a little more balance of the colours and you don't need to have the back name and numbers in a black box. 

I got rid of the gold striping as you suggested, but the black boxes are there to stay. I tried to delete them but the double color backgrond for the sponsor, name and number was a a real pain for the eyes. Let me know what you think of it. Surely it is a cleaner look, that with soccer kits works well, but I personally still like the first version more.

48910017258_388e2ddcf4_o.png

If you’re gonna use a round shield, use a rounder trident too so the shapes go together better. Also why is the top border of the shield missing?