San Diego Padres 2020 Rebrand Discussion

Gothamite

11 hours ago, the admiral said:

Did you misunderstand that he said he didn't want teal as a tertiary to brown AND gold, or are you including the black guy's skin as part of the color scheme there?

Anyway, I'm just fond of how that swinging friar jumped out against that turquoise background. That shade could look good on walls, dugout roofs, etc. It could be a stadium-only support color along with the natural sandstone color in the sense that green is for the Red Sox and kind of the Cubs. Never on uniforms, just other stuff.

It’s not a Padres color thankfully. The Orioles are utilizing it in at least one schedule too as it’s one of the two main Spring Training colors for 2020.

spacer.png

Pads are probably emphasizing the teal over orange from the Spring pallet so as not to confuse anyone that orange would be included in the 2020 team pallet (since orange was in some versions of Padres brown historically.) The fact that people are confusing that teal is part of the 2020 team pallet (despite that being ridiculous) shows they’re smarter than they often look. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

Pretty weird that the Orioles are using the Dolphins logo on their ST schedule 

Well, their organizational philosophies are pretty similar now. Fitting.

I like the idea of the Padres using light blue or teal as a supporting stadium color, like the Red Sox and Cubs with green.

On 9/24/2019 at 8:33 AM, SFGiants58 said:

Why did you have to remind me that brown/powder blue is such an amazing look?

300h.jpg

I almost feel bad about the Padres not doing this.

I'm an almost life long texas rangers fan, but if I was somehow in charge of the team (which is probably a good thing) I would highly consider changing them to a brown/powder or sky blue colour scheme.

On 9/24/2019 at 4:24 PM, SFGiants58 said:

Well, their organizational philosophies are pretty similar now. Fitting.

I like the idea of the Padres using light blue or teal as a supporting stadium color, like the Red Sox and Cubs with green.

Nah. Petco is already dark blue and white. Adding teal leaves less differentiation from the white and sand. 

14 minutes ago, FRIAR_BOLT_619 said:

Behind his right shoulder in the left hand side. SD looks like they changed the style.

Also looks like both letters will be gold on brown (as compared to the alternate proposal of split-color letters)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, FRIAR_BOLT_619 said:

Behind his right shoulder in the left hand side. SD looks like they changed the style.

I don’t think that’s new. That’s the current SD in yellow as they wear on home Fridays on their batting helmets ;)

They did say they were making a "very subtle change" to the logo though.

Padres notes: Brown uniforms coming in fall

Partello said Thursday that the word mark for the “San Diego” on the team’s road jersey will be different than the current version. Those away uniforms are sand, not baseball’s traditional gray. However, the sand is based in a brown palette, which will make it unique from the sand color the Padres wore on the road from 2004-10.

The Padres are doing “some fine tuning, some detail work,” such as determining design of outerwear and a subtle change to the “SD” logo.

10 hours ago, FRIAR_BOLT_619 said:

8 hours ago, bosrs1 said:

I don’t think that’s new. That’s the current SD in yellow as they wear on home Fridays on their batting helmets ;)

25 minutes ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

I could be wrong, but yea it looks like the pointed “serifs” at the ends of the letters are gone, or at least more rounded-up in a @SFGiants58 mission-type fashion. If that’s the case, I’d be all for it.

On 9/27/2019 at 9:47 PM, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

Padres notes: Brown uniforms coming in fall

Knowing them the subtle change is probably the reintroduction of the two color SD.

Speaking of color, the final outing for the longtime and outgoing Padres blue uniforms will be tomorrow night as the Padres host the Rangers in what has become an annual tradition of The Futures Game featuring both team’s best prospects. They may be bland but I for one am sorry to see the blue colorway go when we know it can be done right (1990 and 2016). 

18 hours ago, axiom20xx said:

apparently Manny Machado requested to see the new uniforms before his signed this past offseason.

I have several immediate thoughts when I read this...

1. Were the uniforms really even finalized back then? He might not have seen more than unfinalized prototypes.

2. What's wrong with this guy thinking about uniforms in his decision making process when he's potentially about to set up his family and his future grandkids financially for life?

3. How awesome is it that this guy is thinking about uniforms in his decision making process when he's potentially about to set up his family and his future grandkids financially for life??? Maybe Manny is a little bit of a uniform junkie like most of us? That's a cool thought.

Archived