San Diego Padres 2020 Rebrand Discussion

Gothamite

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/10/2019 at 8:37 PM, BigEd76 said:

Not all home uniforms are white.  San Francisco's aren't.

I kinda hope the Padres go with cream as well. Personally I think the brown and hints of yellow would look great. Just make the cap solid...with a white and yellow (gold?) SD (and yellow squishee or whatever you call that button).

And that yellow jersey is OUTSTANDING. They’d sell like hot cakes. Even I’d buy one.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

YELLOW FTW

tumblr_lzwq5atfDf1qa69wso4_r1_400.gif

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Just now, Buc said:

YELLOW FTW

tumblr_lzwq5atfDf1qa69wso4_r1_400.gif

Off topic: Dairanger is a wonderful Sentai series - a must-watch (it's in full on Shout Factory's streaming service). Kazu isn't exactly one of my favorite yellow senshi. That honor goes to the amazing Sara of Flashman! Fansubs (good ones, too - none of the hacky stuff) have finally wrapped up on that one, so go check it out.

lqqYlEB.gif

Back to the Padres: a yellow-gold jersey would be a fantastic addition to any brown/yellow set. It's not like the taco bell caps or yellow pants/socks/sanitaries are coming back, so it won't be tacky '70s design. 

To be totally honest, I find that gold A’s swap mockup to be only okay. Not bad, but not amazing either. I think it’d look better if the cap/helmet were solid brown instead; the “SD” is already gold so you don’t need more on the brim. It’s just a bit too much as it is (I feel the same way about the real A’s version, for the record).

In any case though, I really don’t think the Padres need a gold alternate. I’m a huge fan of brown and gold coming back, but I’d rather they emphasize brown far more (since that’s the anchor color to this whole thing) and center an alt on that. A good amount of gold trim that stands out all across the set will suffice plenty for gold usage, it doesn’t need to be more than that. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, AstroBull21 said:

With all of the blue seats in Petco, im hoping for a nice cool tinted chocolate brown.  A warm red tinted brown would be a little offputting.

Based on the Swinging Friar logo posted above, it looks like the brown may be a dark brown, closer to black. 

On 10/12/2019 at 7:32 PM, Ben in LA said:

I kinda hope the Padres go with cream as well. Personally I think the brown and hints of yellow would look great. Just make the cap solid...with a white and yellow (gold?) SD (and yellow squishee or whatever you call that button).

And that yellow jersey is OUTSTANDING. They’d sell like hot cakes. Even I’d buy one.

Cream would be an amazing alternate uni. 

Jaguars

On 10/11/2019 at 8:58 PM, Digby said:

I like a yellow jersey on its own but yellow over white rarely looks good to me, which is the problem in baseball.

I can see that point, although I'd love to see the L.A. Rams in yellow over white. 

As far as baseball goes, didn't Oakland wear yellow over yellow as their main road outfit back in the '70s? Not saying the Padres would or should, but there is a modicum of precedent. 

11 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I can see that point, although I'd love to see the L.A. Rams in yellow over white. 

As far as baseball goes, didn't Oakland wear yellow over yellow as their main road outfit back in the '70s? Not saying the Padres would or should, but there is a modicum of precedent. 

Padres wore yellow/yellow in the 70s too. I think it's too much. But, I think the yellow/white is really nice. That being said, if they tried on the road a yellow/gray or yellow/beige would be horrible. 

12 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

As far as baseball goes, didn't Oakland wear yellow over yellow as their main road outfit back in the '70s?

All yellow was used for the road uniform in the set the A's wore up through 1971.

Image result for 1971 a's

In the uniforms adopted in 1972, yellow pants and green pants were included, even if they were rarely used.

Image result for reggie jackson 1971   Image result for oakland a's all green

The one time that the yellow pants made an appearance on a very prominent stage was during the 1975 All-Star Game, when Vida Blue wore them.

Image result for vida blue 1975 all star

But, with a few rare exceptions, the A's wore white pants for all games from 1972 through 1980, probably because that set's yellow pants and green pants looked ridiculous.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

3 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

All yellow was used for the road uniform in the set the A's wore up through 1971.

Image result for 1971 a's

In the uniforms adopted in 1972, yellow pants and green pants were included, even if they were rarely used.

Image result for reggie jackson 1971   Image result for oakland a's all green

The one time that the yellow pants made an appearance on a very prominent stage was during the 1975 All-Star Game, when Vida Blue wore them.

Image result for vida blue 1975 all star

But, with a few rare exceptions, the A's wore white pants for all games from 1972 through 1980, probably because that set's yellow pants and green pants looked ridiculous.

While it isnt a traditional baseball look, the green pants looked really nice.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Archived