San Diego Padres 2020 Rebrand Discussion

Gothamite

1 hour ago, LaJolla Archon said:

This does look damn sexy.

Unf.  Them colors.  Them pinstripes.  That's a way, Pads.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree- I really like the striping on the collar and cuffs with the pins.

I think the reason it works is because the stripes are on the edges of the collar and cuffs as opposed to the style where it’s offset about an inch or two like this:

spacer.png

By having the stripes on the edges, it’s a much cleaner look. If it had a regular headspoon and sleeve stripes, it gets jumbled up too much with the pins, like so:

spacer.png

Good job, Pads.

15 hours ago, larrypep said:

The only places that have them are the Padres Store at Petco Park or online at MLB.com.  There’s some kind of exclusive thing going on. 

Oh I’m patient; I’ll wait until Lids gets them.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

18 hours ago, JonBoy said:

I know it's not traditional or whatever, but I do like the sleeve and collar piping on these.

Yeah it goes against my personal "rules", but it does get some more of the yellow on there in a non-obtrusive way, and anything that tastefully adds more yellow is OK with me.  That jersey is going to look great under natural light.

One of the few rebrands that I seem to actually like more and more every time I click into the thread.  Usually, every time I come back to a thread, i pick up on some minor detail that I've missed before and don't like.  Not the case with these.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

At first I was hesitant to say these were as good as people were praising them. But a good week or two later and I agree. The tan has grown on me, the brown uniform looks really good, and that white pinstripe is great, maybe one of the best looks in the league, the cap is great! A really nice job San Diego!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

9 hours ago, LaJolla Archon said:

Again, very sexy. Nice base shade too. Way better than early 2000s. Shame it is the road alt, although I suspect that may change over time. People here in SD love this one.

i'd imagine it will get worn pretty often, i'm sure guys like Paddack will love rocking this look.

Good on them for cropping the photos below the swoosh!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived