Go Red Sox!

This is a massive upgrade, and it looks really amazing!

My main concern that there are three different fonts being used in this identity (serif S cap logo, Western wordmark, script) when two would probably do (serif + script?)

I like the bubbles but I'd be curious to see a version without.

More outstanding work!

14 minutes ago, vtgco said:

This is a massive upgrade, and it looks really amazing!

My main concern that there are three different fonts being used in this identity (serif S cap logo, Western wordmark, script) when two would probably do (serif + script?)

I like the bubbles but I'd be curious to see a version without.

More outstanding work!

Completely agree on this point. I don't mind them all on the primary logo too much (a more simple font for the letters around the outside might be nice), but I think the wordmark and jersey script (the Stockton one) might be better if they matched the "S" in the alternate logo.

Overall, great stuff though. Definite upgrade!

I work in stockton, and I think this does a better job than their primary set at capturing the blue-collar feel that the city possesses. I would love to see you also reimagine their alternate looks which pay homage to agriculture and the parent club (Oakland A's).  Great work!!

Wow. Huge upgrade. Clean and modern, but still fun enough to work for the Minors.

It's crazy to me that some organizations willfully use such outdated logos, especially when there are so many designers out there that are more than capable of building great brands for them. Case in point.

Would love to see some caps and unis!

On 1/13/2019 at 5:13 AM, TheHealthiestScratch said:

I love the work, but I opened this thread hoping so much for a Stockton Ports “Mighty Asparagus” update.

Thanks a lot, TheHealthiestScratch. To be honest, I didn't even think of such an update. I was solely focussing on modernizing their mark by putting some heavy emphasis on the "Port City" theme.

Thanks, guys! Much appreciated.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

On 1/18/2019 at 6:14 AM, scottyeagle said:

I know it would be difficult to reproduce in smaller sizes, but could you provide a little more detail to the baseball atop the anchor so it looks less like a tennis ball?  

4rfyflt58b2h35s3dzophexhb.gif

But there are no white tennis balls with red seams! 😉

The Independent Baseball club Joliet Slammers – and other teams in the MiLB – have baseballs in their logos that have the same low level of detail. I like it a lot. Plus, I think it fits a lot better into that whole fun-themed MiLB design style.

On 1/18/2019 at 4:34 AM, Jake3.roo said:

I would also like to see what the identity would look like without bubbles.

TEST-Stockton-Ports-primary-logo.png

Two reasons why I won't drop the bubbles. Firstly, the logo would have a little bit too much unused light blue space, and secondly, these bubbles add that aforementioned typical "MiLB fun-theme" aspect to the mark which I wouldn't want to miss.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Archived