2020 Election Logos/Branding Thread

Dexter Morgan

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dexter Morgan said:

spacer.png

Big opportunity missed to make the hole in the D a star.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I like the BIDEN wordmark. The JOE 2020 looks weird to me. The four circles are oddly aligned.

JOooo

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

10 hours ago, CS85 said:

Big opportunity missed to make the hole in the D a star.

That would look terrible.  First, it's cliche.  Second, it would detract from the E, which is supposed to be the focal point.  Third, it would make the D look super awkward because there wouldn't be nearly enough negative space inside of it and it'd really not go with the rest of the letters.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

From Axios with a great analysis and infographic of all the candidates’ color schemes:

The 2020 Campaign Gets Colorful

2020 campaign websites, color palettes and logos are more colorful and dynamic than ever before — a reflection of the endless opportunities of campaigning in a digital era and the pressure on candidates to stand out and to stand up for issues they care about.

The big picture: The transition towards more dynamic campaign creative makes sense for the digital world, where candidates have to fuel dozens of variations of digital ads and posts, on top of real-world signage. But it's also an important departure from tradition.

The bottom line: "There’s a trend this cycle to be less formal and more contemporary," says David Placek, the Founder and President of Lexicon Branding. "I think the thing to watch out there is how informal one risks being. If you cross the line and appear too friendly and informal in your logo and branding, you could risk appearing like you are not going to deliver on professionalism."

Archived