2020 Election Logos/Branding Thread

Dexter Morgan

On 4/14/2019 at 12:42 PM, Dexter Morgan said:

https://design.peteforamerica.com/

this is pretty cool 

It allows you to view the logo (actually several secondary logos too) in a variety of colors. It appears the campaign is eschewing traditional colors and embracing every other color, but not all at once.

BTW, the colors have interesting names, such as "Strato Blue", "River Blue", "Heartland Yellow", "Calm Blue", "Rust Belt", "Buddy Gold" and "Truman Brown"

CK3ZP8E.jpg

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, mjrbaseball said:

It allows you to view the logo (actually several secondary logos too) in a variety of colors. It appears the campaign is eschewing traditional colors and embracing every other color, but not all at once.

BTW, the colors have interesting names, such as "Strato Blue", "River Blue", "Heartland Yellow", "Calm Blue", "Rust Belt", "Buddy Gold" and "Truman Brown"

Does he wear Nike or adidas? It sounds like one of their folks picked those names for him. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 5/14/2019 at 8:54 AM, pepis21 said:

Obama for Vice President? From what I read it's legal.

Not to get too far off the logo thread, but the language in the 12th Amendment would seem to counter this argument: 

“...no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.” 

Having served two terms as President makes Barack Obama ineligible for future terms in the office of President.  As such, he may not be eligible for the office of VP as well. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On 6/28/2019 at 10:37 AM, pianoknight said:

Not to get too far off the logo thread, but the language in the 12th Amendment would seem to counter this argument: 

“...no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.” 

Having served two terms as President makes Barack Obama ineligible for future terms in the office of President.  As such, he may not be eligible for the office of VP as well. 

As far as I know, this is accurate because people discussed this in the past (at least in regards to Bill being vice president to Hilary. He is also ineligible).

On 7/3/2019 at 7:40 AM, pepis21 said:

Simply put, Obama cannot legally be vice president. He served two terms as president, the most allowed by the Constitution, and thus he cannot be vice president. Had he served one presidential term, he could be vice president for one term.

Saw this back in May but never posted. 

Local jabronis ripping ping off the Sixers and Eagles. I must say, they did a pretty nice job of it. 

25smr9h.jpg

EDIT:  Not sure why it's sideways, but I'm not going through the hassle of re-uploading it from phone to fix it.  THere needs to be a better way of doing mobile uploads.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 7/4/2019 at 10:41 AM, Quillz said:

Simply put, Obama cannot legally be vice president. He served two terms as president, the most allowed by the Constitution, and thus he cannot be vice president. Had he served one presidential term, he could be vice president for one term.

A person could be president for 10 years total, but can only be elected twice. Simce he's been elected 2 times, it's a slippery slope and that's because if Biden left office before 2 years then Obama would exceed the time restrictions. Therefore the Supreme Court would have to rule on it I believe. Either way its not worth the squeeze. 

54 minutes ago, walkerws said:

A person could be president for 10 years total, but can only be elected twice. Simce he's been elected 2 times, it's a slippery slope and that's because if Biden left office before 2 years then Obama would exceed the time restrictions. Therefore the Supreme Court would have to rule on it I believe. Either way its not worth the squeeze. 

I'm just not sure this is  technically  true.  I president can only serve for 10 years if elected twice.  The amendment explicitly states that a president can only be "elected" to two four-year terms if he/she hasn't served more than two years of a term in which someone else was elected (getting you your 10.) 

Vice Presidents have to meet the qualifications for President, which Obama would, since he wouldn't be violating the rule of being elected to a third term.  If Biden were to die, Obama could become president, but not run again.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

25 people running for president and we're still squinting at type upside-down and backwards trying to figure out how we can get our cool black dad back

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, mjrbaseball said:

Did we get the latest entrant yet? Joe Sestak, former Pennsylvania congressman, giving emphasis to his military background.

800px-Congressman_Sestak_Official_Congressional_headshot.jpg        1024px-Joe_Sestak_2020_Logo.png

It looks like a moving company logo. And not a good moving company. 

10 hours ago, mjrbaseball said:

Did we get the latest entrant yet? Joe Sestak, former Pennsylvania congressman, giving emphasis to his military background.

800px-Congressman_Sestak_Official_Congressional_headshot.jpg        1024px-Joe_Sestak_2020_Logo.png

Who is Adam Joe? 😀

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On 4/9/2019 at 2:32 AM, keynote said:

Eric Swalwell. 

spacer.png

Looks like this meatsack is gonna go be bold somewhere else! Are we going to draw all over the logos of fallen candidates? We should do something.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived