2020 Election Logos/Branding Thread

Dexter Morgan

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mjrbaseball said:

Joe Sestak. Before he was in Congress, he was a Navy admiral.

No, I got that.  But the ADM abbreviation in his logo just reads like Adam Joe.  The design could have been better if the lettering for his title and his name were differentiated, such as being stacked, or in different size/color fonts.  Something like:

ADM 

Joe Sestak

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

1 hour ago, pianoknight said:

No, I got that.  But the ADM abbreviation in his logo just reads like Adam Joe.  The design could have been better if the lettering for his title and his name were differentiated, such as being stacked, or in different size/color fonts.  Something like:

ADM 

Joe Sestak

Wow I didn’t even notice that. I don’t know why I thought that’s illegal. Maybes it’s just frowned on 

It's interesting to note the terrible design of terrible candidates.  Like, you can just look at the media/branding package and instinctively know that candidate is a long shot.  Not sure if that's a chicken vs the egg thing or not. 

It's like comparing uniform design between an XFL team versus the Yankee's pinstripes or Notre Dame's gold flaked helmets. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

3 hours ago, pianoknight said:

It's interesting to note the terrible design of terrible candidates.  Like, you can just look at the media/branding package and instinctively know that candidate is a long shot.  Not sure if that's a chicken vs the egg thing or not. 

It's like comparing uniform design between an XFL team versus the Yankee's pinstripes or Notre Dame's gold flaked helmets. 

And sure enough, I just read a headline that a candidate no one has heard of is already dropping out. I would imagine at least 5-10 of the "kid's table" candidates will be done before the end of the year.

Yeah, the Hickenlooper campaign (which did have that great Utah Jazzian purple/sky-blue combo) is falling apart and probably won't last much longer, and the Mike Gravel teens seem to be metamorphosing into Marianne Williamson teens.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

11 hours ago, the admiral said:

Yeah, the Hickenlooper campaign (which did have that great Utah Jazzian purple/sky-blue combo) is falling apart and probably won't last much longer, and the Mike Gravel teens seem to be metamorphosing into Marianne Williamson teens.

Fun fact: Williamson sent out an e-mail asking her followers to donate to the Gravel campaign to get him on the next debate stage, for whatever that's worth.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/8/2019 at 9:29 PM, Dexter Morgan said:

This looks like the brainstorm was to get that swirly symmetry thing like Sun Microsystems, but the execution was done by committee. 

suncomp.gif

UyDgMWP.jpg

Archived