2020 Election Logos/Branding Thread

Dexter Morgan

On 3/4/2019 at 7:04 AM, anythinglogos said:

He kept the same color scheme and mountain idea from his Gubernatorial election.

spacer.png

It’s a great logo and color scheme,  even in single color it looks good, although I think it’s a bit too regional to really work on a national level 

his name is hick and he's not a republican

Why bother?

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get the 45 at the bottom, but...what exactly do the five stars mean up top?

A star for every letter in Trump and/or Pence? A reference to being a "five-star President?" Trump Tower's Yelp rating?

*exhales* I should probably step outside and stop over-analyzing the world, shouldn't I?

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

18 hours ago, Cujo said:

Donald's 2020 logo goes virtually unchanged...

1200px-TrumpPence20logo.svg.png

You'd think they'd change it to something like "Keep America Great." Using the exact same slogan implies Trump has yet to make things great.

4 hours ago, ChicagoOakland said:

I get the 45 at the bottom, but...what exactly do the five stars mean up top?

A star for every letter in Trump and/or Pence? A reference to being a "five-star President?" Trump Tower's Yelp rating?

*exhales* I should probably step outside and stop over-analyzing the world, shouldn't I?

GTA wanted level?

6 hours ago, Dexter Morgan said:

spacer.png

Hmm. Beto following the lead of the generic products craze of the '80s and the no-brand branding of today. I wished he'd gone all in and just had the logo read "CANDIDATE FOR COUNTRY".

If I cast my vote for him, do I receive a subscription to a discount shaving products line? 

It's certainly novel to see stark black/white and what looks like condensed athletic block, but I'm a little unsure of the semiotics at play here. It feels awfully...forceful?

EDIT: oh, of course, how did I miss it, Oakland Raiders for America.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 3/12/2019 at 4:57 PM, Quillz said:

You'd think they'd change it to something like "Keep America Great." Using the exact same slogan implies Trump has yet to make things great.

... if America were GREAT already, there's less urgency to elect him again. Also, anyone who isn't doing GREAT right now would not like that slogan. But elect me again, and everything will be fixed.

3 hours ago, Cosmic said:

... if America were GREAT already, there's less urgency to elect him again. Also, anyone who isn't doing GREAT right now would not like that slogan. But elect me again, and everything will be fixed.

There's a good chance he made it up on the spot and it was quickly forgotten, but I swear they were using #KAG for a minute.

PJU85JF.png

23 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

Hmm. Beto following the lead of the generic products craze of the '80s and the no-brand branding of today. I wished he'd gone all in and just had the logo read "CANDIDATE FOR COUNTRY".

If I cast my vote for him, do I receive a subscription to a discount shaving products line? 

10 hours ago, the admiral said:

It's certainly novel to see stark black/white and what looks like condensed athletic block, but I'm a little unsure of the semiotics at play here. It feels awfully...forceful? And isn't mainstream liberalism supposed to be about not seeing the world in black and white but in shades of grey? If I didn't know better, I'd think the guy with all these hard angles and lack of color would be running on some sort of blood-and-soil platform, wouldn't you?

EDIT: oh, of course, how did I miss it, Oakland Raiders for America.

yea its a bit trendy right now but i dont think thats bad for an identity that only really last for 2 years. moreover, i think the approach here is appropriate and not necessarily building on any graphic design trends. he's positioning himself as someone who is "for all people" and not subscribing to any labels. for someone who has a very independent approach to his politics, i think the identity serves that perfectly. its absolutely utilitarian and takes no sides. just a problem solving approach 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived