2020 Election Logos/Branding Thread

Dexter Morgan

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/15/2019 at 6:43 PM, Dexter Morgan said:

Dw_S-s9XcAAdrsl?format=jpg&name=large

Gillibrand has jumped in the race, No real logo yet but it’s intersting to see her going with pink theme on her website. I always enjoy when campaigns switch up from the traditional red white and blue. 

She’s updated her logo with her official launch

spacer.png

On 3/14/2019 at 12:08 PM, Dexter Morgan said:

First time I've noticed this but it makes sense! If you're trying to announce yourself as a true Texan, a logo that mimics one of the most revered institutions in the state is the best way to go.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 3/17/2019 at 1:55 PM, Dexter Morgan said:

She’s updated her logo with her official launch

spacer.png

The 2020 should be as wide as the name and not hidden behind it. Another option would be Gillibrand 2020 in a single line.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, DeFrank said:

xw4a-400w.png.pagespeed.ic.x2Rq8s8B6a.pn

His announcement video and website are all really slick........except for this logo.

So I didn't know who this "Wayne" was. I did a Google image search to this image, and Google didn't match it. I then Googled the phrase "Wayne for America," and a CNN article mentioning Wayne Messam's bid was the third item down. Not a great start.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

21 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

But her main campaign slogan was “I’m with her”, not “for America”. I didn’t even remember she did this (which shows how much significance it had).

Her main primary slogan was "Fighting for us" and her main general election slogan was "Stronger together." "I'm with her" was a supporter-generated slogan that the campaign adopted to appeal to hardcore fans (who would likely donate, volunteer, etc.). It says so much about the 2016 election/her candidacy/everything else that "I'm with her" is remembered by so many as her slogan.

"Hillary for America" was the official name of the campaign organization. "HFA" was what we called it as interns. Same way that "Obama for America" was the official name, but people typically referred to/remember "Obama '08."

This whole "for America" trend is another thing. I can't find any hard evidence of it, but it really does seem like the Obama campaign may have chose "OFA" because of The West Wing. "Bartlet for America" is an iconic episode in an iconic show for political junkies. It's influence on politicos of a certain age (like me) cannot be overstated

I can't find any other campaigns before 2008 that used the "for America" tag. Still looking though.

Also to answer your original point about it being common in 2020...

It seems that way now, but we're still in early stages. Like, if you go to Beto's website right now it says "Beto for America" and not much else. Wouldn't shock me if in a year, if he's still in the race, the lawn signs will just say "BETO" even if the campaign is still officially called "BFA" or his podium will have a slogan that hasn't been employed yet.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

On 3/28/2019 at 1:52 PM, Magic Dynasty said:

What's with everyone doing "NAME for America" this time around? I don't remember seeing that too much in 2016.

It's just this cycle's trendy phrasing. I remember the last time there were local elections around here, everyone was "Restore America's Promise!" or "Bring the Real Change!" Just vague talking points that of course none of those politicians would ever actually do.

Archived