Random Hockey Concepts (Wings Entry Added)

ldconcepts

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like the new one to start with, it looks more natural like its being worn on a body. but theres no depth or textures. the shadows really need to be boosted. without knowing how you built it, its like the shadows are at 10% and need to be at around 60%

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• ldconcepts changed the title to New Hockey Template... feedback appreciated (Updated 1/14)

I'll say it - I honestly like the old one better. It's about the poses I think - the old one is neat and symmetrical while the new one looks a bit more haphazard. I think a version of the old one where the torso isn't as slim would be the best of both worlds.

• ldconcepts changed the title to New Hockey Template... feedback appreciated (Updated 1/15)
  • ldconcepts changed the title to New Hockey Template/Random Hockey Concepts

Thanks for all the feedback, I've updated the template again.

I'm also going to turn this into a series for random concepts, starting off with a Kings concept.

There has been a lot of discussion in the NHL Uniform 2018-19 thread about how while they had the most success with their current uniforms, the colours are too bland.

I returned them to their original colours and logo, kept the current font, used their LA logo as a shoulder patch, and created a white version of their purple uniforms.

kings+concept.png

What do you think? C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

• ldconcepts changed the title to New Hockey Template/Random Hockey Concepts (Kings added)

Solid concept for the Kings. Few bits of template feedback:

1) The cuffs still look a bit odd as @OhioSportsMan61 mentioned. It looks like your ending that sort of “jersey texture” at the cuffs and then keeping the cuffs “smooth” I guess would be the word. Try carrying that texture all the way down the arms.

2) The connection between the yoke and body (especially on the front) could use some work. It’s much brighter right on the edge of the yoke, to the point of looking almost like a phantom yoke.

3) Lose the rectangle around the nameplate. I’m guessing your trying to show that there’s a nameplate rather than the numbers being seen directly to the jersey, but it just looks off, especially with the rectangle outline a different color than the jersey

I redrew the cuffs, and created a new CCM template I used for this Monsters concept.

Navy replaces black to match the Cavs' colour scheme.

To salvage their weird horizontal logo, I contained it in an Ohio silhouette.

The jerseys are loosely based on the NHL's former Barons, and the font is taken from the Blue Jackets.

All four jerseys' TV numbers are contained in Ohio silhouettes, a unique aspect from the Barons' jerseys that should be used more often.

The white "Ohio Pride" jersey is your run-of-the-mill Blue Jackets concept, but meshes well with an edited secondary logo.

The fourth jersey is something different, and makes use of a simplified Jackets' third jersey colour scheme. 

Monsters+Entry.png

What do you think? C&C appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

• ldconcepts changed the title to New Hockey Template/Random Hockey Concepts (Monsters added)
4 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

I redrew the cuffs, and created a new CCM template I used for this Monsters concept.

Navy replaces black to match the Cavs' colour scheme.

To salvage their weird horizontal logo, I contained it in an Ohio silhouette.

The jerseys are loosely based on the NHL's former Barons, and the font is taken from the Blue Jackets.

All four jerseys' TV numbers are contained in Ohio silhouettes, a unique aspect from the Barons' jerseys that should be used more often.

The white "Ohio Pride" jersey is your run-of-the-mill Blue Jackets concept, but meshes well with an edited secondary logo.

The fourth jersey is something different, and makes use of a simplified Jackets' third jersey colour scheme. 

Monsters+Entry.png

What do you think? C&C appreciated!

This very well done, question what do you plan doing with template, keeping to yourself or letting public use it as well?

hvmY186.png

The end caps of the yokes seem to be a shade lighter than the body of it (basically the area that is the difference between a round and squared yoke). This is especially noticeable on white yokes, see your light blue monsters concept. The trapezoid on the back surrounding the CCM logo also seems to be this lighter shade and the front outline of the yoke seems to have this issue as well (creating the phantom yoke effect I mentioned earlier). Darken each of those a tad and you've got a really beauty. Excellent work on this, LD!

Archived