Chewbacca

2019 CFL Uniforms

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, jonny24 said:

Might be an Unpopular Opinion,  but I hope Hamilton DOESN'T go back to the contrasting white sleeves on the home jersey. All black is awesome.

 

I'm okay with the white jerseys having the traditional black sleeve look cus I'm used to it, but I'm also a lot more open to getting creative with the away jersey. 

I'm with you on this. With all the striping and the logo it can get cluttered throwing extra color in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'm with you on this. With all the striping and the logo it can get cluttered throwing extra color in there.

I think this is one of those weird things that, because of a long history of doing it, people like to see it. 

That said, if you look at it objectively I'd say that you're right; it is a lot going on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This slipped through the cracks, but the Stamps store is selling off all Outlaw helmets because all teams will only have one helmet for this upcoming season:

 

 

It's bittersweet because it means we finally get rid of the Stampeders' black away helmets, but we also lose out on the amazing outlaw helmets. I'll take it though. 

 

It will be interesting to see which helmet the Lions wear this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, G-tron said:

This slipped through the cracks, but the Stamps store is selling off all Outlaw helmets because all teams will only have one helmet for this upcoming season:

 

 

It's bittersweet because it means we finally get rid of the Stampeders' black away helmets, but we also lose out on the amazing outlaw helmets. I'll take it though. 

 

It will be interesting to see which helmet the Lions wear this season.

Honestly, I hope it’s this one from preseason games:

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, G-tron said:

 

 

It will be interesting to see which helmet the Lions wear this season.

 

Like the rumours from earlier this year and based on this news, I am thinking the Lions must have some sort of redesign for this year.  There is no way they can wear either current black or orange helmet with both sets of uniforms.  Each one is so specific to each uniform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Wade Heidt said:

 

Like the rumours from earlier this year and based on this news, I am thinking the Lions must have some sort of redesign for this year.  There is no way they can wear either current black or orange helmet with both sets of uniforms.  Each one is so specific to each uniform.

The black one works better but a white helmet with black facemask could work with both even better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wade Heidt said:

 

Like the rumours from earlier this year and based on this news, I am thinking the Lions must have some sort of redesign for this year.  There is no way they can wear either current black or orange helmet with both sets of uniforms.  Each one is so specific to each uniform.

 

I would just keep the black helmet and just wear orange all year long, which they can do since they don't clash against any other team in the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, M4One said:

 

I would just keep the black helmet and just wear orange all year long, which they can do since they don't clash against any other team in the league. 

Calgary wears red which is close enough to cause issues. It's just annoying that New Era didn't have uniforms ready to go when they took over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, M4One said:

 

I would just keep the black helmet and just wear orange all year long, which they can do since they don't clash against any other team in the league. 

 

Not a lot to substantiate proof, but if it is just one helmet, the rumours I've read indicate it will be black helmet.  Orange jerseys.  Black helmet and orange jerseys a nod to the 1970s look but will be a modern take.  Of course, they will have white road jerseys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Calgary wears red which is close enough to cause issues. It's just annoying that New Era didn't have uniforms ready to go when they took over. 

 

Yeah, I guess that could be a problem. 

 

59 minutes ago, Wade Heidt said:

 

Not a lot to substantiate proof, but if it is just one helmet, the rumours I've read indicate it will be black helmet.  Orange jerseys.  Black helmet and orange jerseys a nod to the 1970s look but will be a modern take.  Of course, they will have white road jerseys.

 

If they only use the black pants for the road white, it might not look as bad if they are going with the black helmet.  It will still look bad, but just not as crappy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edmonton Eskimos could become the Edmonton Empire in a couple of years.  The team trademarked the name March 2018.  I'm surprised that they might actually go through with the name change.

 

And for those that can't see the Lions helmet like me.  And the jerseys.  Even a dash of black on the numbers make the white jersey better than in the past.  And no tramp stamp.

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

Well. That’s better 

They are but tgey could've been so much better. I'm assuming there may be a black jersey as well in the chute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

They are but tgey could've been so much better. I'm assuming there may be a black jersey as well in the chute.

Agreed 100% but we'll take what we can get.

 

I'm also really disappointed that the Argos dropped the white helmet. Hopefully they'll make the logo on the blue one a little bigger and update the helmet striping pattern. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

Agreed 100% but we'll take what we can get.

 

I'm also really disappointed that the Argos dropped the white helmet. Hopefully they'll make the logo on the blue one a little bigger and update the helmet striping pattern. 

Toronto looks better with the blue helmets but the logo size is a bit strange. Edmonton needs to fix theirs as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Toronto looks better with the blue helmets but the logo size is a bit strange. Edmonton needs to fix theirs as well. 

If they fix the logo size and helmet stripe, yeah. Blue is the way to go. 

 

I just prefered the white because cause of those elements. But you’re right. They are the “double blue” they should have a blue helmet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

Agreed 100% but we'll take what we can get.

 

I'm also really disappointed that the Argos dropped the white helmet. Hopefully they'll make the logo on the blue one a little bigger and update the helmet striping pattern. 

 

They did increase the logo size on the blue helmet 2 seasons ago.  The logo on the white helmet was bigger than on the blue helmet some time ago but they were the same size the last 2 years.  I do not think they can make the logo much bigger.

 

Old blue helmet:

 

spacer.png

 

New blue helmet:

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.