Austin SC logo

mcrosby

Oooooo I really like it! The colors are unique, and the crest is great! Some things I’d do, is get rid of the line through the armadillos head, and I’d make an alternate logo with a outline like a true crest. As it is though, would be top notch in a league full of top notch looks, so give yourself a lot of credit for accomplishing that.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

7 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

I wish MLS teams would break out of the "FC" and/or "SC" names. Be original, for f***'s sake.

I'm open to suggestions for a different name. In this case I'm okay with the super simple Austin SC (it should be SC, not FC). Like the Loons at Minnesota United, the club would quickly become known as the Armadillos and ASC would just be their official name. You don't get that with the tree logo though. 

7 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

The original logo isn't terrible, imo, but every iteration of these are miles better.

I wish MLS teams would break out of the "FC" and/or "SC" names. Be original, for f***'s sake.

Hard to be original and stay professional, @mcrosby beat me to it, team nicknames are much better, and teams like the Fire and Dynamo will forever be stupid and minor league in my mind. Soccer is a classy sport, no ones gonna take the MLS with names without SC or FC

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I like the outlined version. Also the purple and orange is a cool color scheme, and works better for this logo than the black and green.

Certainly more unique than the original!

Setting aside the whole thing about a sports team, or anyone, wanting to be identified with an animal many may deem suicidal in a sense, as well as it taking me forever to even recognize the badge as an armadillo...from a technical and execution standpoint, this is excellent. How you continue to come up with this stuff amazes me sometimes--but hey, keep cranking out the goods, Mark!

(Fun fact: back as a teen, I once drafted up a fake football team nicknamed the Armadillos, for no other reason than the sheer amount of them I used to see in that part of my hometown, with colors being bright teal and fuschia. Think Memphis Maniax of the old XFL. I think only the original Mighty Ducks of Anaheim have had a color scheme close to that on a major league level with the eggplant and jade. You might try that out and see how it works...???)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, mcrosby said:

The Maniax had such a great color scheme. 

OkLPeFc.png

Honestly this color scheme is perfect for what you have created. This is a look that belongs among the top tier of US sports. This might be bias because I have always wanted this with bronze/sand instead of gold and a different shade of maroon/brick for a home town Arizona team.

1 hour ago, Brian in Boston said:

As per usual, Mark, your work is undeniably well-rendered. 

That said, I cannot help but think that supporters groups for opponents of Austin SC would have a field day taking the piss out of a club with a badge that depicted an armadillo humping a soccer ball. 😉 

How do you think armadillos are created? 

20 hours ago, Buc said:

Setting aside the whole thing about a sports team, or anyone, wanting to be identified with an animal many may deem suicidal in a sense, as well as it taking me forever to even recognize the badge as an armadillo...from a technical and execution standpoint, this is excellent. How you continue to come up with this stuff amazes me sometimes--but hey, keep cranking out the goods, Mark!

I'm glad I'm not the only one -- I was also having a hard time trying to understand what was going on above the soccer ball. At first glance, I saw something like pennant banners or lights you'd see at ACL. I think my brain was trying to have everything fit together as if there was only one piece to it. Adding a third color might help distinguish the armadillo and soccer ball a bit more. 

I live in Austin and certainly do like the idea of the armadillo, but it's been years since I've actually seen one. For what it's worth, we have a thing for bats, which seems to be our odd creature of choice. 

228155_original.jpg

Austin-bats-sculpture-800x591.jpg

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Archived