Atlanta Braves Tweak Road and Alternate Uniforms for 2019

SportsLogos.Net News

I think it's worth noting that major retailers are out of almost every size of Braves' authentic on-field jerseys. This includes the home whites, creams, and navy alts. The road grey is nonexistent. A few larger sizes are still hanging around, but that's it. Plenty of sizes for other teams' authentic jerseys, but not Atlanta. Plenty of replica jerseys, but NOT authentics, which leads me to believe "refresh" means all the jerseys are changing.

The Braves all but stopped selling the road grey jersey in the team store last year. Take this with a grain of salt, but apparently a team store employee told a fan they were unavailable because the team was changing the road jersey. Some Braves' bloggers speculate there might be a 60s road grey fauxback, similar to the creams. 

Before the move to SunTrust, I would've said they were eliminating the tomahawk, but they've doubled down on it since moving into their new digs. They have a former player/coach/celebrity do a ceremonial tomahawk chop before every game, added the tomahawk BP cap a couple years ago, etc. It isn't going anywhere, even with the changes in Cleveland. 

If I had to guess, all four current jerseys in use (they've retired the red "stars & stripes" jersey) are getting a face lift and they're added a brand new alt of some kind. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I had my way: 

*Home: White jersey/Blue lettering, red outlines/Blue tomahawk and piping (white version of the 1969 throwback)

*Away: Gray jersey/Blue lettering,Red outlines/ Blue tomahawk/Blue piping (1969 throwback with a tomahawk basically)

*Alt 1: Navy jersey/Red lettering, piping,Gold outlines and NOB/ Red tomahawk

*Alt 2: Keep the Cream uni's, nothing wrong there.

*Throwback: Have designated games for a series of iconic uniforms throughout the team's history

The Gold stems from the piping on the tomahawk, which I think should be utilized more

9 hours ago, DeFrank said:

Someone help me out!

How are these posts allowed considering we have a ban on “Discussion of Native American Team Name Controversies”

As a mod? I see nothing that violates the rules. No one seems to be bringing up the name itself or whether or not it’s appropriate. Everyone seems focused on the aesthetics of the uniforms and speculating about what’s changing.

Which is perfect. Keep it up!

16 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

As a mod? I see nothing that violates the rules. No one seems to be bringing up the name itself or whether or not it’s appropriate. Everyone seems focused on the aesthetics of the uniforms and speculating about what’s changing.

Which is perfect. Keep it up!

Wait so talking about removing the tomahawk is allowed but not the name Braves? Are we allowed to discuss Native American Team Logo Controversies?

*note* I’m actually hoping to have a better understanding of what’s allowed and what’s not. I’m not looking to start stuff.

Like, is “some people want the name/logo to be changed” allowed but “I think it should be changed” isn’t?

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

A civilized discussion about the possibility of a signature element of a uniform being removed (with the community already acknowledging and understanding why the team could choose to go down that path) is not the same as an opinion-based argument about whether or not it should be. 

34 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

Wait so talking about removing the tomahawk is allowed but not the name Braves? Are we allowed to discuss Native American Team Logo Controversies?

*note* I’m actually hoping to have a better understanding of what’s allowed and what’s not. I’m not looking to start stuff.

Like, is “some people want the name/logo to be changed” allowed but “I think it should be changed” isn’t?

Think of it like this...

”I think the Braves should drop the tomahawk” is fine. 

“I think the Braves should drop the tomahawk because it clutters the wordmark” is fine. 

“I think the Braves should drop the tomahawk because I think the uniforms would look cleaner” is fine. 

“I think the Beaves should drop the tomahawk because they need to change their offensive identity” is crossing the line into the political side of the discussion that we’re not going to allow. 

24 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Think of it like this...

”I think the Braves should drop the tomahawk” is fine. 

“I think the Braves should drop the tomahawk because it clutters the wordmark” is fine. 

“I think the Braves should drop the tomahawk because I think the uniforms would look cleaner” is fine. 

“I think the Beaves should drop the tomahawk because they need to change their offensive identity” is crossing the line into the political side of the discussion that we’re not going to allow. 

What about "maybe they could be dropping the tomahawk because some might see the identity as offensive"?

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

and already it's taking away from the actual discussion and becoming about a non-issue that doesn't have anything to do with potential tweaks.

If they simplify the design on the jerseys as mentioned, such as going to a single color piping and maybe off-color tomahawk that could work.

4 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

What about "maybe they could be dropping the tomahawk because some might see the identity as offensive"?

Nope. 

There are a variety of reasons that we don’t allow this sort of discussion, but they all boil down to all discussions on the matter devolving into personal attacks. 

So no. Don’t start it. 

2 minutes ago, Pharos04 said:

and already it's taking away from the actual discussion and becoming about a non-issue that doesn't have anything to do with potential tweaks.

If they simplify the design on the jerseys as mentioned, such as going to a single color piping and maybe off-color tomahawk that could work.

It’s taken away from it because some people like to needle.

The rule is clear. Everyone should use their best judgement and stop trying to lawyer their way around it. 

1 minute ago, Ice_Cap said:

Nope. 

There are a variety of reasons that we don’t allow this sort of discussion, but they all boil down to all discussions on the matter devolving into personal attacks. 

So no. Don’t start it. 

It’s taken away from it because some people like to be needle.

The rule is clear. Everyone should use their best judgement and stop trying to lawyer their way around it. 

Sorry. I wasn't trying to lawyer my way around or start anything I've just seen speculation like that before not taken down and wondered where exactly it lied on the spectrum. I'll stop posting and let this get back to Braves

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

1 minute ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Sorry. I wasn't trying to lawyer my way around or start anything I've just seen speculation like that before not taken down and wondered where exactly it lied on the spectrum. I'll stop posting and let this get back to Braves

It’s cool. My point about people trying to lawyer around the rules wasn’t aimed at you. 

11 hours ago, nuordr said:

The Braves need to bring back the blues: 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR07pTXdzu9yxCzv7mZg4s

braves-blue-uniforms.jpg?w=610

Almost... they need to have a throwback to the home version of these. Of which a reproduction seems to be non-existent in a legitimate format...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

11 hours ago, Bucs007 said:

The Braves all but stopped selling the road grey jersey in the team store last year. Take this with a grain of salt, but apparently a team store employee told a fan they were unavailable because the team was changing the road jersey. Some Braves' bloggers speculate there might be a 60s road grey fauxback, similar to the creams. 

That's such a shame if this is what happens. Their away is fantastic, and it was even better before they started wearing the all-navy cap with it. 

I could see either the tomahawk getting dropped from the front and the cross-tomahawk patch added to all jerseys.

Hmmm, or what if they went went a Blue Braves wordmark/tomahawk outlined in white on the away jersey? Like what they had on the original red? If they wanted to keep the all-blue hat, that might look snazzy.

kU6ns.gif

Archived