SportsLogos.Net News

Atlanta Braves Tweak Road and Alternate Uniforms for 2019

I never noticed how much smaller the lettering gets when combined with the tomahawk (compared to the throwback design). There’s not really much you can do about it, though.

All in all, one of the most subtle design changes that ever resulted in a live unveiling, but it’s all pretty well done. I still think the scripts could be refined a little, but the new ones are nice and they both look like the same style now, so it’s a net positive.

1 hour ago, skip88 said:

Are the letters (player name) a bit thicker than last season?

Hard to say for sure since that image above only shows the lower grade fan replicas, rather than the authentics. Here’s one of the few I can find that shows a player’s game jersey with the name. Can’t tell if it’s different or not.

5ZsxsH1.jpg

11 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

The more I look at the alternates, the more the lack of triple piping sticks out... They just look off without it.

I can see that since the triple stripe is the Braves signature. But I am also cool with what they decided on in the end. They left the stripes on the classic white and grays. But previously, the alternates have always been a mess as far as consistent striping goes.

The two prior red jerseys both had the triple stripe, but always looked cluttered to me. Too much going on in my opinion.

7700728.jpg&c=sc&w=850&h=566

usatsi_8553577.jpg?itok=4nhMeZ_G&timesta

The blues were stripe free and matched nothing else in the set.

968612462.jpg.0.jpg

The cream throwbacks had the single stripe headspoon.

182351095.0.jpg

I’d have preferred red striping on the navy set so that it was a bit more subtle and I like the throwback without the sleeve stripes for throwback accuracy sake (the 1966 set didn’t have the sleeve striping), but now at least there is consistency across all the alternates. They don’t feel out of place now.

Bring back the VANOBs*!

*Vertically Arched Name On Back

On 1/20/2019 at 8:09 PM, aawagner011 said:

Hard to say for sure since that image above only shows the lower grade fan replicas, rather than the authentics. Here’s one of the few I can find that shows a player’s game jersey with the name. Can’t tell if it’s different or not.

5ZsxsH1.jpg

I can see that since the triple stripe is the Braves signature. But I am also cool with what they decided on in the end. They left the stripes on the classic white and grays. But previously, the alternates have always been a mess as far as consistent striping goes.

The two prior red jerseys both had the triple stripe, but always looked cluttered to me. Too much going on in my opinion.

7700728.jpg&c=sc&w=850&h=566

usatsi_8553577.jpg?itok=4nhMeZ_G&timesta

The blues were stripe free and matched nothing else in the set.

968612462.jpg.0.jpg

The cream throwbacks had the single stripe headspoon.

182351095.0.jpg

I’d have preferred red striping on the navy set so that it was a bit more subtle and I like the throwback without the sleeve stripes for throwback accuracy sake (the 1966 set didn’t have the sleeve striping), but now at least there is consistency across all the alternates. They don’t feel out of place now.

I think the letters are thicker now, slightly.

Judging by the photos you posted, It also looks like the letters are thicker on the old red  jersey, compared to the newer, now retired  red jersey.  Looking at the Uggla Vs Porter ......  Guess they went back to the original font? 

6 hours ago, Buc said:

Bring back the VANOBs*!

*Vertically Arched Name On Back

When did they get rid of those? I was always a fan.

2005 or 2006. For such a small detail, it was such a massive downgrade -- the radial lettering they have now feels like a tacked-on afterthought in a way the vertical lettering never did. As with the Red Wings, it's plain to see that doing vertical lettering requires much more work. But the work pays off. That's good subliminal messaging. 

Just ditch all the hats except for the blue hat with red bill.  They only need one hat and it would make the road uniform pop more.  Everything else is pretty nice.