Los Angeles Rams Confirm Throwback Uniforms For Super Bowl

SportsLogos.Net News

Sadly, we are a Chiefs offsides away from what would have been the best Super Bowl uniform matchup ever. Rams homes vs Chiefs whites with red pants? That's a dream matchup.

However, we really lucked out with the blown call in NO (sorry, Saints fans), since the Patriots against the monochrome Saints in yoga pants would have easily been the worst Super Bowl uniform matchup ever.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

And? That’s the Rams identity and if they go with anything other than yellow and blue, they’ve failed. Not to mention the Rams spent nearly five decades in LA previously. The Chargers? Three total seasons. Additionally the Chargers claimed their spot in LA after the Rams announced their move, and they’ll be playing in a stadium owned by the Kroenkes. The Rams shouldn’t change their look because the little brother decided to move in, too. At the end of the day, the Chargers can still be distinctly different with either powder or navy blue.

Agreed. Nobody confuses the two teams. It would be like confusing the LA/California Angels with the LA Dodgers. Their specific colors and designs are enough to set them apart. No need to change anything, other than for the Rams to fix the mismatched blue helmet and jersey.

Baltimore Ravens v Los Angeles Chargers : News Photo

Wild Card Round - San Diego Chargers v Baltimore Ravens : News PhotoTennessee Titans v Los Angeles Chargers : News PhotoSeattle Seahawks v Los Angeles Rams : News Photo

1 hour ago, daveindc said:

No need to change anything, other than for the Rams to fix the mismatched blue helmet and jersey.

I mean, the Chargers could go back to San Diego because nobody wants them in LA. They could also wear good uniforms. Both would be positive changes. But you're right that nobody is going to confuse the two teams.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

4 hours ago, dont care said:

Well it’s not their alternate, it’s their home uniform for this year so...

This has been stated time and time again. How hard is it for people - especially visitors to this forum - to understand this?

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

10 hours ago, colortv said:

Really wish the Rams go yellow/gold dominant with the rebrand. Would be fresh while retaining the LA colors, unique in the NFL and contrast beautifully with the Chargers Powder Blue look.

048e251e19ec517b2dabce6509844f0d.png

Screen+Shot+2016-01-13+at+12.11.23+PM.pn

7_st_louis_rams_uniform_joe_hamilton.jpg

DsZfavrUUAAGA48?format=jpg

DsZfavrU4AAwr-H?format=jpg

You know what--why not?? At least one major pro sports team has already demonstrated how to own yellow in it's league (okay, two if you count The Crew):

limits_John_Russell_Nashville_Predators.

usa_today_10746290.0.jpg

Columbus-Crew-Free-Pick-MLS-Betting-Pred

Plus, yellow is my favorite color, so I'd be all for it!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Do the Rams have an official version of the angry ram logo in throwback colors? It's going to be awkward when the logo is navy/white everywhere and it doesn't match the uniforms. I know the mismatch was the case previously, but I was hoping with advance notice for the biggest television event of the year, they might want things to look right.

15 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Do the Rams have an official version of the angry ram logo in throwback colors? It's going to be awkward when the logo is navy/white everywhere and it doesn't match the uniforms. I know the mismatch was the case previously, but I was hoping with advance notice for the biggest television event of the year, they might want things to look right.

Looking at the merchandise above, they’re using the helmet logo where the Patriots are using their primary.  That’s a good solution for the problem you articulate.

ff_3403542-5d60dfd56639e180f5b9alt1_full

11 hours ago, colortv said:

Really wish the Rams go yellow/gold dominant with the rebrand. Would be fresh while retaining the LA colors, unique in the NFL and contrast beautifully with the Chargers Powder Blue look.

Been advocating this for years.

It’s the perfect solution - a bright, sunny color scheme for bright, sunny Southern California.  And they can still sell all the blue merchandise they want. 

35 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Looking at the merchandise above, they’re using the helmet logo where the Patriots are using their primary.  That’s a good solution for the problem you articulate.

I saw the big helmets, but missed the logos underneath. Hopefully they get it right.

8 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

If anybody is wondering the official merch for the Rams right now uses the throwback helmet and colors. This is a very unique situation we are witnessing. They're even selling the navy jersey with the Super Bowl patch.

The large Rams helmet on this shirt makes my eyes hurt.  Egads!!!

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

9 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

If anybody is wondering the official merch for the Rams right now uses the throwback helmet and colors. This is a very unique situation we are witnessing.

OK, for the 1,000,000th time, it's not their "throwback helmet" it's their primary helmet. There's nothing unique about a team wearing their primary uniform in the Superbowl.

4 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Any word on the color of the Rams' endzone in the Super Bowl?  Those pics above give me hope that they might go yellow

I believe they will go yellow since they did in the last super bowl they were in. Hopefully 

15 hours ago, colortv said:

DsZfavrUUAAGA48?format=jpg

DsZfavrU4AAwr-H?format=jpg

I would love to see the Rams go with a royal blue jersey and a yellow one.  Go full out Lakers!  They could alternate wearing blue or yellow at home or on the road.  

Archived