Los Angeles Rams Confirm Throwback Uniforms For Super Bowl

SportsLogos.Net News

Just now, WSU151 said:

Pretty sure it's a given that the Rams want to be blue and gold...but a SB win doesn't cement much of anything...

radio_qbs_suber_bowl_10.jpg

Yeah but that was a time where the uni change was likely too far in the works to cancel, and it had nothing to do with a new city/new stadium dynamic.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Pretty sure it's a given that the Rams want to be blue and gold...but a SB win doesn't cement much of anything...

I love the blue home jerseys but I remember why I don't like the overall look. I do not like the white jersey at all. Still, it is miles better than what they have worn for the past 15 years.

Just now, jmac11281 said:

I love the blue home jerseys but I remember why I don't like the overall look. I do not like the white jersey at all. Still, it is miles better than what they have worn for the past 15 years.

I actually prefer the white jersey to the blue one...the yellow sleeves juxtapose the white body super well.

Having two slightly different shades of blue as endzones is going to drive me nuts. A yellow LA endzone would be the ideal fix (though count me as someone who prefers the new art deco wordmark to the very 70s or the very 90s options) ... but why not a red Patriots endzone? I suppose red doesn't complement their jerseys well, even though it does with the logo and they sell a ton of red merch. Maybe the red merch died out when the Matt Patricia fan club had to move. Alas.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

6 hours ago, daveindc said:

tumblr_pm6yxvsc1f1u7t2opo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pm6y39nWIw1u7t2opo1_1280.png

tumblr_pm6y83ymND1u7t2opo1_1280.png

tumblr_pm6y5euFKS1u7t2opo1_1280.png

Nah. The LA Rams should stick with their traditional, beautiful royal blue and yellow. Reducing the royal blue just because it may look a bit close to the Chargers' navy and powder blue to some is absurd. They'll probably end up with a yellow alt anyway.

For me you go yellow/gold heavy for backgrounds. It makes the Royal pop even more. With royal heavy backgrounds the gold doesn't pop as much to me.

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Well if they win, it would be the first time they won a Super Bowl since going to the navy/gold... and they'd be in royal/yellow. Royal/yellow wins. 

3 hours ago, kimball said:

So why is there a Nike swoop on Randy's donut?

Either they paid for it, or they're just so good at what they do that he felt he needed their logo to add legitimacy to the whole thing.

The guy in the logo has a swoosh on his overalls too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

31 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Either they paid for it, or they're just so good at what they do that he felt he needed their logo to add legitimacy to the whole thing.

Swooshes on overalls? Have mercy!

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

8 hours ago, kimball said:

So why is there a Nike swoop on Randy's donut?

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Yes, it was a "partnership": 

15 hours ago, colortv said:

pi?p=poster3x4&a=741-df5d983379531666cee

Back in the day, virtually all AFL and NFL clubs had yearbooks . . 

I was looking at their 1960 version the other day, pretty damn cool Rams, these were well thought out. 

Also, once again this Yearbook shows us the modern day damage the Rams have done by taking the angular look away from the Ram horns on the front of their helmet and made them much too straight. Present day helmet look is 2nd-rate like that.

A1bzmgAWe-L._SY450_.jpg

and of course, my beloved Bills had one too.

1965 Yearbook but the photo was taken at the 1964 season / home opener against KC.  One can tell by the single red stripe on the helmet.  The blue outer stripes were added in 1965.  $1 ... such a great deal before the age of greed set in.

Also take notice of thte size of the Chiefs logo back then, I liked that size much better and they won Super Bowl III in that one, which they downsized in 1974 when also switching from gray to white face-masks.

c495b000fa9de1beeda3428b32202125.jpg

Archived