Help with a basketball league logo

Balu the Bare

Looking for a little help here. I made this logo the other day for a personal project, but something about it feels off and I can't really put my finger on it.

It's for the United Basketball Association, 12 teams from other leagues came together and formed the UBA in the late 90s so I want to keep the 12 stars, but other than that anything can get chopped or altered. It's black and white for now because I don't have a color scheme in mind yet. 

Anyway any C&C is welcome! 

UBA%20logo_zpskvkqkvch.png

Looks like either the Sixers or the European Union! 🇪🇺

Right now the stars feel separate from the logo. Maybe move that black outline outside of the stars, or have 6 stars directly above and 6 directly below the UBA wordmark (i.e. 3 in each unfilled section of the basketball).

I like the wordmark as is, but if you wanted it to look more like the '90s, adding a drop shadow to the text would do the trick. An orange and purple color scheme might also contribute to that.

Otherwise, for a current look, I'd just suggest leaving it in one color (black? orange? red?) + white, with no drop shadow.

4 hours ago, vtgco said:

Looks like either the Sixers or the European Union! 🇪🇺

Right now the stars feel separate from the logo. Maybe move that black outline outside of the stars, or have 6 stars directly above and 6 directly below the UBA wordmark (i.e. 3 in each unfilled section of the basketball).

That's a good point. Here's how it looks with the tweaks you mentioned. I think i like the third one the best, but I'd still like some more opinions on it. Still just black and white for now. I'll experiment with colors once I'm satisfied with the design. 

UBA%20logo%20compare_zpsiqzxzfdg.png

The bottom one looks like the most cohesive logo and not just design elements that have been thrown together. It also has the added benefit of lending itself to a signature league ball similar to the ABA.

Guest darkpiranha

I'd try sticking with the black, but varying up the line thickness.  Thicker circles, especially would make it feel less like an afterthought.  On the four quad star shapes, what if instead of a solid color line, it's more of a darker shadow/bevel colorization?   

How about if you use the “U” for the “A” by turning it upside down and obviously adding a line to make it an A.

It seems like currently the U is wider and makes the A seem off because it is more narrow.

Or do vice-versa by flipping the A and removing the line to create the U.

Not a drastic change, but it might make it seem more balanced.

Maybe changing the font to something that would better fit the shape of the space? Maybe something curving around the bottom (so it looks like a rainbow (if that helps)) I also think the darker colors are a lot better. Easier on the eyes.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived