Jump to content

Arena Football League announces Atlantic City team and Columbus too


GDAWG
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

 

Hopefully the anger towards the NFL over the officiating will draw people towards the AFL.

Doubt it. What? Five franchises now?  Three ownership groups or 2.5?

This is now a Mid-Atlantic region league + Albany.

 

Ted Leonsis is just using it as a loss leader for concessions and possibly gambling, but only in Capital One Arena, since the DC Lottery would handle everything outside the venues.

 

 

This is a gambling league now...hoping people will pay admission to gamble

Philly: Sports gambling across the street from the arena

DC: Sports gambling is pending, but the bill has been passed

NY: Also pending

NJ: Already legal.

MD:Legislature is looking at a loophole to get it done faster and w/o a state measure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

 

Hopefully the anger towards the NFL over the officiating will draw people towards the AFL.

 

Son, have you SEEN Arena League officiating even when it wasn't run out the back of Ted Leonsis' car?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Doubt it. What? Five franchises now?  Three ownership groups or 2.5?

This is now a Mid-Atlantic region league + Albany.

 

Ted Leonsis is just using it as a loss leader for concessions and possibly gambling, but only in Capital One Arena, since the DC Lottery would handle everything outside the venues.

 

 

This is a gambling league now...hoping people will pay admission to gamble

Philly: Sports gambling across the street from the arena

DC: Sports gambling is pending, but the bill has been passed

NY: Also pending

NJ: Already legal.

MD:Legislature is looking at a loophole to get it done faster and w/o a state measure.

Leonsis also has a streaming site that he is putting all the games on as well (https://www.monumentalsportsnetwork.com/) but still a loss leader. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JH42XCC said:

Can't the AFL just merge with both the IFL and NAL already and get it over with?

Jacksonville isn't returning to the AFL.  Its financial instability was the reason Bouchy left for the NAL.  Any more mergers will be more punitive for the sport than the current setup of essentially three "regional" leagues. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JH42XCC said:

Can't the AFL just merge with both the IFL and NAL already and get it over with?

I feel like the arena/indoor football structure is becoming more regional rather than nation wide.  It probably helps on expenses too.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Atlantic City Rollers...and it doesn't have to be a gambling-related identity either.

From the Steel Pier Ferris wheel to the roller skaters on the Boardwalk to it being the inspiration for Monopoly all the way to South Jersey's famous pork roll, there are just SO many possibilities for branding, and the "Atlantic City Rollers" name fits them all.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, NYUNDERDOGS said:

LMAO the AFL is going to be without a TV deal hahahahahah, that gambling plan worked so well didn't it, hahahahah

They have been purchasing national airtime for a few years now.

This year, every game is to be streamed through an app from DraftKings with 12 games airing on Facebook.

 

DraftKings, VSIN, and Sportradar are all new AFL partners. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dfwabel said:

They have been purchasing national airtime for a few years now.

 This year, every game is to be streamed through an app from DraftKings with 12 games airing on Facebook.

  

DraftKings, VSIN, and Sportradar are all new AFL partners. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH THE LEAGUE CANT EVEN AFFORD BUYING AIRTIME HAHAHAHAHAHAH 

(the Arenafan message boards is the saddest forum on the Internet) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.