Arena Football League announces Atlantic City team and Columbus too

GDAWG

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sigh...you know what the Arena League reminds me of now?  That one death on 1000 Ways to Die where a washed up boy band was performing and nobody there gave a damn.

Ted, Jaws, go home, ur drunk.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I will say that I went to a Soul game last year (for free...my company is a sponsor of the team), and it was actually pretty fun. Free beer before and after the game also helped.

I was literally 20 feet from Jaworski for most of a Saturday.

On 2/7/2019 at 5:38 PM, Discrimihater said:

Sigh...you know what the Arena League reminds me of now?  That one death on 1000 Ways to Die where a washed up boy band was performing and nobody there gave a damn.

Ted, Jaws, go home, ur drunk.

The one good thing with a league that's all but single entity is they can keep costs down that way. The problem with 2 owners and 6 teams is that the public will view it cynically. If these two owning all the teams helps the league get better financially I'm all for it. But just have the two best teams play for the title, not everyone.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...

I worked a couple Destroyers games at Nationwide Arena when I was in college. It was a different crowd that didn't spend a lot of money on Destroyers or Blue Jackets apparel. 

Glad they brought them back with the same name and everything. I think people in Columbus have generally fond feelings for that brand and trying to go with something else would've been less successful. Somewhere in my parents' house is a poster I got for free at the mall that says "BEAT SAN JOSE" because the Destroyers were in the Arena Bowl, after what was either a 6-10 or 7-9 regular season. The Sabercats, the Patriots of the Arena league at the time, killed them. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Wings said:

Does anybody really live in Atlantic City?

Yes. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Maybe it's just me, but that logo looks like it was made in the early 1960's. Sort of a feauxback look about it. Cool name though.

And yeah people actually live in AC lol

Hotter Than July > Thriller

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2019 at 9:38 PM, Dilbert said:

OOF! Thats bad.

md20190307-231604.jpg

What does Ceasar think?

spacer.png

Just what I thought. Seriously though, it sucks..

On 3/11/2019 at 9:06 PM, AgentColon2 said:

Nah. Looks like something made in MS Paint in 1996.

Nah. I seen good art made on MS Paint. This was worse then that, dude.

My Alternative History Sports Stories:

CFL-USA - A Different Telling/StL Americans TL

Archived