BIG3 2019 expansion teams

4_tattoos

So Ice Cube's traveling 3 on 3 basketball league is still up and running. Not only that, but it's expanding from 8 teams to 12. They've announced a new team each Friday for the last 3 weeks. So far they've announced the Triplets, Aliens and Bivouac with a final team to likely be announced next Friday.

s50701229_1044254079096112_22699253401785

I've always wanted to see a sports team use Aliens for it's theme/branding, but not necessarily use the name Aliens. Maybe go with Invaders or Martians, but that's just me.

I believe there's a lot of potential with Ant themed branding (insects in general are underused in sports). The logo they went with is solid IMO. The name though.... yeesh! Can't help but think Fire Ants or Colony would have been better names than Bivouac. Everybody that saw this post on social media had to look up the meaning of it. Keep it simple Cube lol

A little corny how many of the teams in this league feature 3 in it's name in some form. With that said, Triplets is okay to me.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

5 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Ice Cube may have to update the lyrics of his Big 3 song to reflect the new teams.

Can't see why not, he tweaked it slightly for year 2.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 1/25/2019 at 9:32 PM, 4_tattoos said:

50701229_1044254079096112_22699253401785

I've always wanted to see a sports team use Aliens for it's theme/branding, but not necessarily use the name Aliens. Maybe go with Invaders or Martians, but that's just me.

Las Vegas 51s (Pacific Coast League, AAA) (changing name this season to Aviators):

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRo65dQczAUcOaeuQ84QiI

Roswell Invaders (Pecos League, unaffliated):

brandon_godfrey.jpg

It is what it is.

25 minutes ago, B-Rich said:

Las Vegas 51s (Pacific Coast League, AAA) (changing name this season to Aviators):

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRo65dQczAUcOaeuQ84QiI

Roswell Invaders (Pecos League, unaffliated):

brandon_godfrey.jpg

Oh cool! Guess Roswell having an alien team makes since.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, sayahh said:

Which city are they based out of?

Not sure how familiar you are with BIG3, but it's a travelling league. Goes from city to city each week.

• 2 months later...

The Enemies has a Capulet Boys vibe from the DiCaprio version of Romeo+Juliet. 

Capulet-Boys-romeo-and-juliet-slash-2792

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived