MLB Changes 2020

kimball

If everyone is doing it, maybe its about time to stop? Is the jersey creation process really 2-4 years? So many teams coming in now who are behind the times. Stop already! Powder blue worked as a quirk for a few teams 2-3 years ago. Now it’s played out. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Swap the white and blue on the script and numbers, and this will look fine. As it is now, it's a mess from any distance, and looks like some blue dye accidentally got into the Jays' home whites.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Not a huge fan of the navy, honestly. I get that it contrasts better, and the color is technically in their logo, but I don't think it's necessary. Royal blue letters/numbers and a white-paneled royal blue hat would've been perfectly fine.

3 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

When is every team going to start "swapping" their primaries and secondaries?

They’ve been doing it for years. The Brewers, Pirates, and Red Sox have all adopted their cap logos or another secondary as their primary.  

Although now that I think about it, the Brewers may have undone that with their new logo debacle. 

They're nice, but another team hoping on the powder blue trend. The hats are sexy though.

Who's that with a powder blue fauxback jersey now (excluding the Rays/Royals alts and Phillies' true throwback)?

Cardinals

Twins

Rangers

Blue Jays

Am I missing anyone? Of those 4, the Rangers are probably the least necessary and also the least good looking.

The jerseys are great. Though I'm curious how it would look with the white and blue swapped on the letters but I can see why it's done this way to keep the cohesion with the other jerseys. This isn't bringing back a specific powder blue throwback this is just adding a powder blue option to their existing set. Now that I think about it, the jersey didn't need the navy either, why not stick with royal? 

I don't like the cap, I don't think they need a two tone cap, and I don't think a navy cap was needed. More navy is not what the Blue Jays needed (or MLB for that matter). Royal blue caps with white panels obviously would look better with this of course.

The pants need to go. The monochrome powder blue should have stayed in the past. A few teams could do powder blue jerseys but none of them need the pants if it's not a full on throwback. 

Overall good but the emphasis on navy kinda holds this back. In a vacuum the matte navy helmets are pretty nice though. 

Their other sets of uniforms are a perfect 10. These are barely a 5 so I'd call this addition a downgrade... The over saturated light blue jerseys would look way better with white pants and as some other have said, royal blue accents and regular royal hats would be perfectly fine. The Jays don't need that much navy.

Letters and numbers should be white like the George bell era

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I wanted to really like this, but there's just something about it that's "off" to me. The navy hat w/light blue brim I don't think looks very good, and I really don't like the matte helmet - in that lighting it just looks black to me. I'd probably ditch the powder blue pants too & just pair it with the regular white or grey. Why're they using navy for this, anyways? Royal blue worked just fine back in the day, and I dare say it would've worked better now.

The jersey itself is fine though; there's just a lot of supplemental parts I feel they didn't do a very good job on. Also the teaser that the mothership posted had me terrified that it was gonna be a navy jersey with a monochrome powder-blue logo & lettering, so I'm really glad that's not the case. 6.5/10

27 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

This Blue Jays in navy idea quietly started a few years back when they had an all navy ST cap that was paired with their royal blue ST. It looked awful then, you would think they realized that.

The Cubs tried that trick way back when.  It was widely considered a color change trial balloon, but went flat pretty quickly. 

spacer.png

43 minutes ago, LA_Angels said:

Alright yall I've seen the new spring training attire and... interesting to say the least. Take the Jays new spring training hat for an example.

spacer.png

This works, but most teams don’t have the logo real estate the Jays do. I am afraid that a lot of the ST caps are going to look bad.

Archived