MLB Changes 2020

kimball

4 hours ago, Shumway said:

Road uniforms are fantastic, but these are a swing and a miss. They'd be so much better with a yellow script and no extra outlines on the numbers.

Also, does this mean the yellow throwbacks with the black pants are gone?

Only issue for me, outside of the s issue, is the numbers. They should have matched the numbers to the script. Black fill with the yellow outline.

5 hours ago, MattMill said:

It is what it is. I just feel thicker piping (which was on both home and away sets in the Bond days) looks better on that set. But they went with some consistency for their 7-8 uni combos lol. I’ll give them credit there I guess. 

look at that bonds si cover and tell me the arm hole piping doesn’t convey a certain message. The new piping, even if it’s on prior jerseys, just doesn’t serve much of a purpose. 

sorry to rustle so many feathers. I’ll stop blaming Nike. But If Toyota bought a car company known for recalls and put their name on the product, and it’s sucks, who gets the blame? The old designers, or the now proud Toyota? Nike will receive the wrath of hatred, deserved or not.  I don’t hate Nike. I wear their shoes and non professional team apparel. 

Pirates havent had thick 80s/90s striping for 20 years. They also didnt have thick stripes prior to that. 

It's not in vogue anymore. While I hate nike. Dont wear their products for the most part. This isnt a nike call. It's a team decision. Hell if it were them they'd change the yellow to highlighter and probably use the P logos in a band as the arm trim.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, MattMill said:

Milwaukee and brewers have odd number of letters.  Centering on a letter may have worked. But with pittsburgh, it’s an even 10. They centered on an S when they really didn’t have to. I don’t think the two situations compare much. They had it down perfect 30 years back. That’s all I’m really saying. 

I can agree with that, but the cut up letter is almost a given with buttondown jerseys that dont just use block lettering for the script logo.  And even then its still possible, as my NL BP All Star Game jersey from 2014 sometimes does it with the "I" in National so the jersey reads "Natonal."  Its just inevitable.

6 hours ago, skip88 said:

Your sweet bulls uni

spacer.png

And you got your crap mismatched  new Nike Unis

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thats weird, I still see white xD.

6 hours ago, skip88 said:

Hmm, since  white have been reduced from the Bulls black uni, and  now white have been removed from the Pirates black uni,  could it not be the work of Nike? Hmm, many signs points to yes.

Milwaukee designed their uniforms themselves and Im pretty sure San Diego did as well, so I feel like most MLB teams designed their uniforms without the help of Nike.  Plus, the minimalistic look is definitely not a signature of Nike.  Plus, its just 2 jerseys, from 2 different sports.  Thats hardly a pattern.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

I gotta say, while a solid yellow wordmark would have clearly been better, I don't think the one we got is so bad. The thickness of the yellow outline and the contrast between the yellow and black make them more legible/visible than you would expect. It doesn't get lost like the Marlins blue against black. At the very least you can definitely see this wordmark, it's not a matter of it being hard to see. 

I like the elimination of all the white on that alternate look. Something cool about that. You don't always need white on a jersey especially an alternate. 

That situation with the "s" is pretty bad though. 

I'm late to the game, I only noticed the Nike logo on the uni's after seeing Cole Hamels presser with the Atlanta Braves today.
The Swoosh...what can I say, it is what it is. (smh)

The Pirates Alt. jersey's, I kind of like them to be honest...I DO wish the Phillies would add a new alternate, 4th jersey. (I personally was never a fan of the 3rd cream jerseys. First used for Sunday day games, now used for all day games.

Wish they would add something like this.
spacer.png

Or heck..go all retro Phillies 80s maroon with the current Phillies logo. 

º º º º

gYFfCIp.pngPtJSay1.png

I'm glad you don't work for the Phillies.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

If the letters and numbers could be the same color as the jersey in the all star game, the swoosh should be the same color as the jersey.  Why is one acceptable and the other not?  That's some BS.

You say that like either is acceptable

18 hours ago, retro said:

.....barf. It looks like all ST/BP caps will be a ‘logo inside a logo’. It looked promising at first when I saw the Jays cap but it seems to have taken a turn for the worst.spacer.png

It's an eyesore really. The logo that's within the logo just ends up looking fractured. Broken. Not a good look. Not easy on the eyes.

1 hour ago, FinalBeast said:

Does anyone know if the special occasion uniforms (Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Fourth of July, players weekend, etc.) will continue this year with the switch to Nike?

I sure hope not. My biggest complaint about MLB uniforms is the rise of special event designs- the ones you mentioned with powder blue and pink, Stars and Stripes, neon colors and black/white for Players Weekend, as well as Memorial Day or Veterans Day (can’t remember which they’ve done). It’s all too much and the designs generally look terrible. Just give me the teams’ regular sets, add a flag patch for Independence Day and be done with it. We already have enough alternates league wide as is.

3 hours ago, FinalBeast said:

Does anyone know if the special occasion uniforms (Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Fourth of July, players weekend, etc.) will continue this year with the switch to Nike?

Hopefully, but just the hats.  New uniforms entirely just get to be too much.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

25 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Utter garbage.

It's a shame since spring training hats used to be mostly good, now they all have to do the same theme, like its a template.

They’ve always been a template, ever since they started wearing spring training caps instead of just the regular caps.

Archived