MLB Changes 2020

kimball

13 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

Translation: We hope you tell people that we told you that we take your concern seriously and will be thrilled by our attempt to buy you off.

Thank you,

New Era

Exactly how it felt... They're just throwing money around not even caring that the initial complaint was about the general quality/built of their products... I was expecting that they wouldn't give a :censored: but the $50 credit came in as a surprise... They still suck.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Era Launches the 2020 MLB Clubhouse Collection

January 28, 2020 - 18:27 PM

New Era has released the 2020 Major League Baseball Clubhouse Collection line of caps. The Clubhouse Collection is a series of caps, jackets, and shirts intended to be worn by Major League players while they’re in the clubhouse before or […]

Read More...

1 hour ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

New Era has released the 2020 Major League Baseball Clubhouse Collection line of caps. The Clubhouse Collection is a series of caps, jackets, and shirts intended to be worn by Major League players while they’re in the clubhouse before or […]

Read More...

Hopefully the shirts will be released soon. I've been looking for a new workout shirt to use at the gym.

Why do the Rangers have their old Texas logo on their clubhouse cap and not the new TX one? Not that the old one isn't better but with a uniform refresh and logo updates you wouldn't think a team goes back to a logo that was seemingly replaced.

And yes I know these aren't really official on field caps but I still don't see how they wouldn't have updated that logo.

50 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Why do the Rangers have their old Texas logo on their clubhouse cap and not the new TX one? Not that the old one isn't better but with a uniform refresh and logo updates you wouldn't think a team goes back to a logo that was seemingly replaced.

And yes I know these aren't really official on field caps but I still don't see how they wouldn't have updated that logo.

New Era decided the logos for the Clubhouse hats...there’s an article out there that said Cleveland had no input on the script I logo. 

edit found it (though the author's facts and assumptions on a few details are a bit shaky): https://www.cleveland.com/tribe/2020/01/dont-expect-to-see-cleveland-indians-script-i-logo-hats-on-players-or-on-the-field-in-2020.html

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

18 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

New Era decided the logos for the Clubhouse hats...there’s an article out there that said Cleveland had no input on the script I logo. 

While that seems weird at first, it also proves even more that these are really just fashion caps. The teams would want and would get more control over what goes on the actual official stuff. Good to know.

On 1/28/2020 at 1:30 PM, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Read More...

I find it funny that the Marlins one is the only one with the normal logo.

Just now, rmc523 said:

I can't zoom enough on the image in the link, but something looks different about it - almost looks like it has a navy outline.

It does have a navy outline, as there are better pictures of it elsewhere on the internet. 

ff_3650940-f8919a8538f8fe8d8b67alt1_full

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

edit found it (though the author's facts and assumptions on a few details are a bit shaky): https://www.cleveland.com/tribe/2020/01/dont-expect-to-see-cleveland-indians-script-i-logo-hats-on-players-or-on-the-field-in-2020.html

Wow. They act like the script I is at the same level as wahoo. Such disdain for it. I love the script I. It is featured on their jersey. So they can’t hate it that much. 

It is my impression that new era and mlb have a catalog of ‘acceptable’ or agreed upon logos that can appear on caps in any fashion they desire. Looking at hatclub, they mentioned wahoo was taken away from the selection catalog, so there may never be a time we see it again. 

Now with so many of these caps coming from China or Bangladesh, I’ve seen restocks of wahoo ‘on field’ customs. So it’s not so cut and dry I suppose. 

Wahoo will continue to be sold in Ohio, but not online.  At least once the old stock clears out. 

I don’t hate the “I”, at least it’s not offensive. It’s just not a great logo, looking too much like a “J”, and nickname initials should never be used over location initials. 

35 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Wahoo will continue to be sold in Ohio, but not online.  At least once the old stock clears out. 

I don’t hate the “I”, at least it’s not offensive. It’s just not a great logo, looking too much like a “J”, and nickname initials should never be used over location initials. 

People keep saying it looks like a "J" but how? That's exactly what the "I" is supposed to look like in cursive. 

Go A's!

39 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

People keep saying it looks like a "J" but how? That's exactly what the "I" is supposed to look like in cursive. 

And it is lifted from the home white jersey. It works for me. 

spacer.png

45 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

I agree that it looks how a cursive “I” should look. However, it’s presented as a singular letter not within the context of an entire cursive word. You could get away with a cursive “A” like the Braves throwbacks because it’s still clearly an “A.” But the “I” is a bit ambiguous as a stand-alone letter not within the context of a full word. Whether it’s an “I” or “J” isn’t clear when it’s presented solely by itself.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

I don’t hate the “I”, at least it’s not offensive. It’s just not a great logo, looking too much like a “J”, and nickname initials should never be used over location initials

With New Era seemingly lacking good design in the BP cap department, imagine a cap with a location initial. It wouldn’t work for every team because they already have that, but a Blue Jays cap with the T from their road uniform would look cool IMO. Maybe do a RS for the Red Sox or the Yankees script Y, but I think you could end up with some interesting looks. The Mariners BP cap from last year gave me the idea. 

Archived