kimball

MLB Changes 2020

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Wahoo will continue to be sold in Ohio, but not online.  At least once the old stock clears out. 

I don’t hate the “I”, at least it’s not offensive. It’s just not a great logo, looking too much like a “J”, and nickname initials should never be used over location initials. 

I live in a non MLB market, own a bunch of caps, and You'd be surprised at how many random people know what the I Stands for. It hasn't been in use on a cap in 8-9 years. Whether they like it or not, they sort of have this known identity. I don't get anyone talking about the block C. 

@BC985

I'm looking at the Oakland ST cap and just wonder why they couldn't have done the Oakland cursive script on the front and left it at that? 

Boom
spacer.png

You're done. 

It's basically a jersey hat. And their jerseys could reverted to something else. It's not rocket science. 

15 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I agree that it looks how a cursive “I” should look. However, it’s presented as a singular letter not within the context of an entire cursive word. You could get away with a cursive “A” like the Braves throwbacks because it’s still clearly an “A.” But the “I” is a bit ambiguous as a stand-alone letter not within the context of a full word. Whether it’s an “I” or “J” isn’t clear when it’s presented solely by itself.

I keep feeling that the people who think it's a "J" are people who don't know cursive. Because a "J" in cursive is distinctly different. 

And if you're a baseball fan, that logo is instantly recognizable. 

1 hour ago, phutmasterflex said:

And if you're a baseball fan, that logo is instantly recognizable. 

"recognizable" is not a synonym for "good". :P

In their history, they've had several better versions of that wordmark:

5736031946.gif5716821950.gif2258.gif

Something about that really fat lettering looks terrible to my eye,

h9835cwgwshw96hholh6iep1p.gif

I think because it's too squat  crossing the top line below the top of the loop really puts the thing out of balance..

13 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

"recognizable" is not a synonym for "good". :P

In their history, they've had several better versions of that wordmark:

5736031946.gif5716821950.gif2258.gif

Something about that really fat lettering looks terrible to my eye,

h9835cwgwshw96hholh6iep1p.gif

I think because it's too squat  crossing the top line below the top of the loop really puts the thing out of balance..

I agree on all points. The fat lettering makes the wordmark almost one big blob and the top loop is unnecessary. 

On 1/29/2020 at 4:32 PM, Gothamite said:

Wahoo will continue to be sold in Ohio, but not online.  At least once the old stock clears out. 

I don’t hate the “I”, at least it’s not offensive. It’s just not a great logo, looking too much like a “J”, and nickname initials should never be used over location initials. 

It still looks way better than the block c they use now.

16 hours ago, poser said:

e72dbccfed.jpg

463c199a43.jpg

I'm not assuming this is a new official jersey but this is way better than the other two times Oakland wore a black jersey

20 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I'm not assuming this is a new official jersey but this is way better than the other two times Oakland wore a black jersey

"Man that kick to the nads today wasn't as bad as the other 2 times"

2020 Nike Collection just went live on MLB Shop (once you get to page 12 you run into 2019 gear...so 11 pages of new stuff on the link below). Assuming there's way more to come, as the t-shirt selection is pretty minimal:

https://www.mlbshop.com/nike/br-1839+z-981034619-2276366538?ab={wt-static_graphic1}{pt-Home}{al-Aspot}{ct-NikeLaunch}

A few additional jerseys over at Dick's:

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/f/mlb-nike-jerseys-player-tees

8 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Why can't they try to do a Cursive C hat?

I love the Cursive I btw.

Wasn't the big complaint when the White Sox did exactly that is that it looked too much like an e?

spacer.png

Well this is interesting... the piping on the Brewers replica is closer to what they have on their road grays.

spacer.png