MLB Changes 2020

kimball

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see no harm for that blue dodger jersey. It’s more of an alternate than having two grays. Just limit it to something simple like Thur home games or 1/2 of a double header. It’ll end up being worn maybe a half dozen times. It gets out of hand when it becomes home-road, pitcher choice, we won yesterday in it, every Sunday, etc.

KISSwall09.jpg

1 hour ago, ProfessorBigShots said:

Why is no one talking about the Dodgers blue alternate jersey?

Because Majestic made the same one for years but the Dodgers never wear it.

ff_2248108alt1_full.jpg&w=900

https://www.majesticathletic.com/mens-majestic-royal-los-angeles-dodgers-official-cool-base-alternate-jersey/p-13241564450008+z-9026-206796711?_ref=p-TLP:m-GRID:i-r5c2:po-17

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

11 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

To quote the old rap group Onyx:
"WWWWAIT IT GETS WORSE!"

https://www.macys.com/shop/featured/big-boys-cap

Love it!  When BBTV's family first got cable (meaning MTV), Slam was the second video he ever saw (Dre Day being the first.)

All these year's later, they're still heavyweight and still undisputed!

But wwwwwwait it gets worse!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It appears the Brewers are indeed testing the waters with royal blue and powder blue on fan gear.

I can't say I know of too many people who'd be happy if this became a thing.

spacer.png

This, however, should have been in the plans since day one.

spacer.png

11 hours ago, NicDB said:

It appears the Brewers are indeed testing the waters with royal blue and powder blue on fan gear.

I can't say I know of too many people who'd be happy if this became a thing.

spacer.png

This, however, should have been in the plans since day one.

spacer.png

So much of this new Brewers set annoys me in the details. The mismatched sleeve striping, the lack of a powder blue road, the over thick piping on the front numbers. 

It’s bugging me. 

The brewers set has grown worse on me, if that’s even a thing. At first I saw it as a good set, then it was okay, now it’s mediocre and just forgettable. I liked the font and stuff at first, but looking back, I severely prefer the previous scripts. The only thing I think this set improves upon is a better number font and maybe just maybe a better color scheme, or at least a better shade of gold.
I think, and this might contradict what I thought at first, it’s a downgrade. The logos, the uniforms, the colors, it’s all really just worse, more lame, forgettable and plain. Such a shame because they had a great set before.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

As a lifelong Brewers fan, man we've had some tough years, I view this set as a big upgrade. I did like the previous set aside from the number font. The biggest upgrade is the shift to athletic gold from Vegas gold. I think Vegas gold looks great in sunlight. In the often closed Miller Park the metallic look doesn't have the same effect.  The bright athletic gold looks good in all situations. 

I dont mind the changes to the BiG. I actually feel like the original is off when I see it now. I know I'm in the minority there.

Big fan of the new font. The numbers having that 'barre-feel' if that is a thing

The mismatch sleeve piping? Yeah....that's a no. Wide or narrow just make it match.

The cream home is long overdue. 

The alt blue may take some time. I like the idea I dont get the font.

Barrelman is a great add, but needs to be on a sleeve.  Not feeling the barley ball as a logo.

And the Wisco logo? Nice, but why not cream bricks from which the whole thing is based off?

1 hour ago, dbofox said:

As a lifelong Brewers fan, man we've had some tough years, I view this set as a big upgrade. I did like the previous set aside from the number font. The biggest upgrade is the shift to athletic gold from Vegas gold. I think Vegas gold looks great in sunlight. In the often closed Miller Park the metallic look doesn't have the same effect.  The bright athletic gold looks good in all situations. 

I dont mind the changes to the BiG. I actually feel like the original is off when I see it now. I know I'm in the minority there.

Big fan of the new font. The numbers having that 'barre-feel' if that is a thing

The mismatch sleeve piping? Yeah....that's a no. Wide or narrow just make it match.

The cream home is long overdue. 

The alt blue may take some time. I like the idea I dont get the font.

Barrelman is a great add, but needs to be on a sleeve.  Not feeling the barley ball as a logo.

And the Wisco logo? Nice, but why not cream bricks from which the whole thing is based off?

It's definitely an upgrade. To me the problems in the details are akin to having an easy 2-on-1 fast break, making one too many passes, and having to make a contested lay-up when the defense catches up. 

You got the points but it could've been so much smoother if you'd just plowed through and dunked it. 

3 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

It's definitely an upgrade. To me the problems in the details are akin to having an easy 2-on-1 fast break, making one too many passes, and having to make a contested lay-up when the defense catches up. 

You got the points but it could've been so much smoother if you'd just plowed through and dunked it. 

If anything, it's like this album:

Bee-Gees-ESP-album-cover-820.jpg

There's a lot to love in the big "return to form." You have some real classics that are on-par with some of the best they've done ("E.S.P.," "You Win Again," "The Longest Night," "Overnight," and "Angela"), then you have some questionable stuff that might not have aged well ("Live or Die (Hold Me Like a Child)," "Crazy For Your Love," and "This is Your Life"), then you have some truly baffling stuff ("Backtafunk"). It's overall a strong album and a good way to start the "post-disco" period. 

The Brewers' big redesign is the E.S.P. of uniform redesigns. It's a mix of classic (new font, revival of the BiG, updating the BiG and a bunch of ancillary logos, the "Milwaukee" script, navy/yellow), not that great (some of the BiG updates, the inconsistent striping, no royal alternate despite royal in the logo, the barley ball), and baffling (the misuse of sleeve patches and NO POWDER BLUE ALTERNATE). It just so happens that the positives outweigh the negatives. 

18 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

If anything, it's like this album:

Bee-Gees-ESP-album-cover-820.jpg

There's a lot to love in the big "return to form." You have some real classics that are on-par with some of the best they've done ("E.S.P.," "You Win Again," "The Longest Night," "Overnight," and "Angela"), then you have some questionable stuff that might not have aged well ("Live or Die (Hold Me Like a Child)," "Crazy For Your Love," and "This is Your Life"), then you have some truly baffling stuff ("Backtafunk"). It's overall a strong album and a good way to start the "post-disco" period. 

The Brewers' big redesign is the E.S.P. of uniform redesigns. It's a mix of classic (new font, revival of the BiG, updating the BiG and a bunch of ancillary logos, the "Milwaukee" script, navy/yellow), not that great (some of the BiG updates, the inconsistent striping, no royal alternate despite royal in the logo, the barley ball), and baffling (the misuse of sleeve patches and NO POWDER BLUE ALTERNATE). It just so happens that the positives outweigh the negatives. 

For reasons like that, I've come to appreciate what the Padres did even more. 

They lined up what they wanted to do: brown pins with gold trim and road unis with sand. Then they focused on that. The extra stuff like the piping on the home and road pins sort of break an unwritten rule of uniform design but they kinda work and since its carried over to the sand uniform whole its not a problem. They have one sleeve patch for all three uniforms and its a dandy. One cap for all three uniforms. 

I have some nitpicks on the softball top (doesn't match the home piping) but aside from that, it's all really solid. 

Just because nobody has mentioned it yet I feel like I must... while I know it's just like a computer image and isn't representative of the real jerseys, I hate that shiny look that the jerseys have in their online images. It makes them all look like they're made of plastic. It's awful. I feel like that's actually a problem for trying to display what the jersey really looks like. What if someone doesn't purchase it because they really think it's that shiny? Or, even weirder, what if someone purchases it wanting that shine and then they don't get it and return it? It's a misrepresentation and it's so weird.

Also, do any of the BP/ST jerseys say BP/ST in the shop because all of those ones we're worrying about are just for BP/ST but are oddly not labeled as such.

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Just because nobody has mentioned it yet I feel like I must... while I know it's just like a computer image and isn't representative of the real jerseys, I hate that shiny look that the jerseys have in their online images. It makes them all look like they're made of plastic. It's awful. I feel like that's actually a problem for trying to display what the jersey really looks like. What if someone doesn't purchase it because they really think it's that shiny? Or, even weirder, what if someone purchases it wanting that shine and then they don't get it and return it? It's a misrepresentation and it's so weird.

Also, do any of the BP/ST jerseys say BP/ST in the shop because all of those ones we're worrying about are just for BP/ST but are oddly not labeled as such.

I wonder if they aren’t labeled ST yet is because they don’t have a ST patch on them to sell to you. My guess is the BP/ST designations will be given once the ST line is rolled out with New Era.

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Or, even weirder, what if someone purchases it wanting that shine and then they don't get it and return it?

How is that weirder? People buy and return stuff all the time if it's not to their liking...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, BC985 said:

I wonder if they aren’t labeled ST yet is because they don’t have a ST patch on them to sell to you. My guess is the BP/ST designations will be given once the ST line is rolled out with New Era.

This is true.

Technically from the point of merchandise sales BP and ST jerseys and caps are different because of the patches and other things that designate them for Spring Training. Basically a ST jersey is a BP jersey with ST patches. We here know they're virtually the same jerseys but for sales they would be labeled differently. Just like a world series jersey would be different than a regular season jersey because of the WS patch even though the jersey itself is identical.

Archived