MLB Changes 2020

kimball

I'll be really interested to see where the Angels go with the ST/BP hats. Like I said earlier in this thread in relation to the Clubhouse hats, the Angels don't really have an alternate logo to speak of. They have the roundel logo, but that's really just the halo-A in a circle.

They could go with the halo-A with the halo-A inside and the halo-A on the side, which would fit in with how much it gets used on their jerseys, but I don't know if they would actually do that.

IbjBaeE.png

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

It's definitely an upgrade. To me the problems in the details are akin to having an easy 2-on-1 fast break, making one too many passes, and having to make a contested lay-up when the defense catches up. 

You got the points but it could've been so much smoother if you'd just plowed through and dunked it. 

Spot-on analogy.  I always saw your White Sox are the gold standard for blending elements from a schizophrenic past and creating something timeless.

As I've said before, the numbers are great.  The addition of cream is great.  Navy with yellow is great.  But everything else about this set is merely good rather than great.  No one understands the frustration that comes with than more than me.  But I think I've reached my threshold for trying to explain these things to those who have deluded themselves into thinking this is a "bad" set.  We get it, you don't like the ball-in-glove.  Sucks for you that everyone who actually buys tickets to see this team disagrees.

7 hours ago, Lights Out said:

The Brewers have still never topped the late-'90s uniforms - and at this point, with how devoted they are to the aesthetically-inferior Ball in Glove era, they probably never will.

The germanic late 90s era of Brewer uniforms??????

If youre actually serious you should probably leave this thread.  That set is EASILY the worst of out anything they've worn, possibly the worst of of anything ANYONE has worn.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

11 minutes ago, itsmb8 said:

If youre actually serious you should probably leave this thread.  That set is EASILY the worst of out anything they've worn, possibly the worst of of anything ANYONE has worn.

I don’t know, I think this jersey is worse spacer.png

Excellent!

21 minutes ago, itsmb8 said:

It’d be good for that UWM redesign that should have happened.

4 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

I think their first few sets were their worst...

I liked the Germanic set, it just isn’t my top, the one they just got rid of is.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Matt Vasgersian was showcasing the new hats on Hot Stove, and he's like "I like the artistic license for Spring...here's the Dodgers hat...can you see what's happening in the logo, can you see it from over there?" 

If you can't see what's happening with the logo from 15 feet away, it's a huge problem. 

Also, Cliff Corcoran of The Athletic did a segment on Hot Stove about MLB uniforms, and he sounds like he's a uniform nut like us and might be on these boards...good of him to give nods this morning to UniWatch and @CC97 Cliff weirdly doesn't have the Tigers in his Top 10 uniform teams despite calling the road cap the best in baseball. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

19NEWMMLBNGLSTCSPLAA?wid=1400&fmt=jpg

3 hours ago, dont care said:

The angels one I find hilarious, like one of those gifs with the folding helmet inside a dolphin helmet inside a dolphin helmet....

18 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I'll be really interested to see where the Angels go with the ST/BP hats. Like I said earlier in this thread in relation to the Clubhouse hats, the Angels don't really have an alternate logo to speak of. They have the roundel logo, but that's really just the halo-A in a circle.

They could go with the halo-A with the halo-A inside and the halo-A on the side, which would fit in with how much it gets used on their jerseys, but I don't know if they would actually do that.

Oh wow, they actually did it.

IbjBaeE.png

These ST caps are HILARIOUS. How did they make it through the concept phase? If you handed me the Red Sox hat and asked me to explain it to you, without having seen the other caps, I'd have no idea what it was supposed to be. Just looks like the normal logo with a couple random splotches of white.

I'm now curious as to how many teams actually choose not to wear these caps. It's not common but over the years I've noticed many teams ignoring Spring Training designations for both caps and jerseys. With these being so clearly a disaster I'll be keeping an eye out for who doesn't wear them at all.

Yeah. Let's put a brand new secondary logo inside of the new BiG. What could possibly go wrong?

spacer.png

And here's another team that was allowed to have a red background that blurs the overall scoop of what the logo even is. spacer.png

The bottom right of the A should be white. 

Good call on a bridge logo I have never seen in my Life

spacer.png

Seattle and the Cubs sort of work alright

Overall though, one of the worst collections I've  ever seen 

36 minutes ago, MattMill said:

Good call on a bridge logo I have never seen in my Life

spacer.png

That Giants logo has been around since 2015, and it's based on their 2010 Champions logo. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Most of these spring training hats are absolutely brutal.  The logo on the inside of the "main" cap logo seldom does anything other than create a mess. And even those that don't, what's the value of the partial wordmark (e.g., the 1st and 6th letter of "Indians")?

Most amusing, um, highlights:

• The oriole face right in the middle of the oriole body. Anyone not aware of that secondary logo is not going to understand it.
  • The Angels putting one Halo-A inside of another Halo-A is the perfect Angels thing to do.
  • So many with scant outlines of difficult-to-see secondary logos (Royals, Dodgers, Mets, Rays, Cards)
  • Most of the hats use the side logo almost as a key: "Here's what the 'inside' logo looks like, since you can't actually tell."  The Orioles are an exception...the cartoon bird head should be on the side (though I suppose they did the right thing since the batting bird is more difficult to see).
  • I actually think the following work OK as fashion caps, though none should ever take the field, even in BP:
    • Atlanta
    • Arizona
    • Houston
    • Detroit
    • Toronto
  • The Twins would work OK if the entire TC was visible.  The rangers would work OK if they used a static, as opposed to waving, flag.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived