MLB Changes 2020

kimball

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, L10nheart404 said:

At first, I was skeptical of the Braves revamping the red jersey. The Braves have a gorgeous set, the red is so beautiful in person, as is the new navy one. The Braves are now right up there with the Yankees and Dodgers, for uniforms that shouldn't be bothered.

Except they still have the pointless navy-billed cap.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

At first, I was skeptical of the Braves revamping the red jersey. The Braves have a gorgeous set, the red is so beautiful in person, as is the new navy one. The Braves are now right up there with the Yankees and Dodgers, for uniforms that shouldn't be bothered.

They were in that category before the red, blue, and cream alts, and the pointless all blue cap.

32 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

Ehhh...it'd be greatly improved with a red A, outlined in white.

Well... while this obviously a subjective subject, that's certainly an unpopular opinion.  Their regular home cap is perfect and versatile enough to be worn with any of ther uniforms.  They have no need for a second cap.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Well... while this obviously a subjective subject, that's certainly an unpopular opinion.  Their regular home cap is perfect and versatile enough to be worn with any of ther uniforms.  They have no need for a second cap.

True, I am part of the camp that believes the home cap should be worn with all uniforms. But if they insist on wearing an all navy cap, it only needs a minor tweak.

On 9/5/2019 at 6:25 AM, BJ Sands said:

I wonder about the Rangers...

There have been some rumblings especially with them going into a new stadium. I know at the beginning of the season, the team tweeted the players looking at color swatches, but I think that may have been for something else.

If they do any kind of change, I think we'll see an alt with the Dodgers knockoff script. It's really popular still among the fanbase. Not to supplant any main identity, but a throwback-inspired alt.

On 9/4/2019 at 10:38 PM, Gothamite said:

Conversely, let’s hope not.  The league is looking pretty good by and large, we don’t need Nike to come in and talk more teams into looking like the Diamondbacks.

So true, the league does look good and with the Padres going to brown next year :notworthy:,  the Brewers and Diamondbacks really stick out as the only bad uniforms. For a whole league, that's not a bad percentage. 

12 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Well, this confirms my earlier suspicion that the new “White Sox” script would eventually be adopted as a full-time alternate jersey wordmark.

spacer.png

Good call if true. Its a surprise to me but they have developed a full custom don't and everything.

On 9/8/2019 at 9:44 AM, coco1997 said:

Well, this confirms my earlier suspicion that the new “White Sox” script would eventually be adopted as a full-time alternate jersey wordmark.

spacer.png

Yeah, the way they were dripping this out here and there during the year, you could see it coming.

It's a clever way to add something a little retro without trying to do a throwback to the late 80s look that no one reallly would be into, while not messing with the core of the primary uniforms. And hopefully it's a way to migrate away from the early 80s stuff for at least a couple years.

28 minutes ago, RichO said:

Yeah, the way they were dripping this out here and there during the year, you could see it coming.

It's a clever way to add something a little retro without trying to do a throwback to the late 80s look that no one reallly would be into, while not messing with the core of the primary uniforms. And hopefully it's a way to migrate away from the early 80s stuff for at least a couple years.

Yes, this is a brand new font but it feels like its from the old Comiskey Park era.

Archived