MLB Changes 2020

kimball

On 2/2/2020 at 6:08 PM, NicDB said:

It appears the Brewers are indeed testing the waters with royal blue and powder blue on fan gear.

I can't say I know of too many people who'd be happy if this became a thing.

spacer.png

The Padres have the same shirt in brown so I'm guessing it's just a fashion thing.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MattMill said:

And Yet, I actually like the ST logo as a stand-alone logo

Slap that sunrise/sunset ST on the side of a trucker mesh cap, and you have your ST cap

https://www.lids.com/mlb-san-francisco-giants/san-francisco-giants-new-era-on-field-replica-mesh-back-59fifty-fitted-hat-black/o-1221+t-92128872+p-58261162214+z-9-3820525885

No. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, bcon_731 said:

Do the teams have an individual say what their hats will look like or does New Era just show them designs and teams just give them a thumbs up or thumbs down? 

MLB Communications said New Era worked with every team on the ST hats - the teams chose the two logos that were used. Not sure if teams had any say on the design.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, bcon_731 said:

If the hats are this bad I could only image how bad the spring training unis will look

Not sure what you mean, the jerseys are fine, they're basically the regular BP unis with some added barely visible details.

2 hours ago, bcon_731 said:

Do the teams have an individual say what their hats will look like or does New Era just show them designs and teams just give them a thumbs up or thumbs down? 

The teams do have a say, not sure how far they can take it but it's definitely not just New Era making the designs on their own.

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Not sure what you mean, the jerseys are fine, they're basically the regular BP unis with some added barely visible details.

The teams do have a say, not sure how far they can take it but it's definitely not just New Era making the designs on their own.

Some of these caps look all kinds of awful so it lead me to believe the spring unis will be another version of that. But I do think your right, Ive seen some teams have fantasy camps and some of the unis havent been released yet so you might be on to something.

On 2/5/2020 at 2:24 PM, SilverBullet1929 said:

Holy crap on a cracker these are even worse! Even the better ones are terrible!

Men's Washington Nationals New Era Black/White 2020 Batting Practice 59FIFTY Fitted HatMen's Boston Red Sox New Era Black/White 2020 Batting Practice 59FIFTY Fitted HatMen's Colorado Rockies New Era Black/White 2020 Batting Practice 59FIFTY Fitted Hat

And to think, New Era said they closed their factory in Derby, NY and moved everything overseas so they could, "focus on design." L O L 

Yeah. OK, then. 

Fairly common, the St Patrick's 2020 on fields are mirror images of the regular ST hats, but all green/white

https://www.fanatics.com/?query=2020 Patrick's

What do I know though? This was bought 18 minutes ago

https://www.fanatics.com/mlb/colorado-rockies/colorado-rockies-new-era-2020-st-patricks-day-on-field-59fifty-fitted-hat-kelly-green/o-3487+t-58773160+p-70849589056+z-9-1182173431?_ref=p-SRP:m-GRID:i-r6c0:po-18

People just can't say no, even if it's legitimately illegible

9 hours ago, WSU151 said:

MLB Communications said New Era worked with every team on the ST hats - the teams chose the two logos that were used. Not sure if teams had any say on the design.

https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/02/04/2020-mlb-batting-practice-and-spring-training-new-era-caps-released/

I know they need or want to hype up a new product but

--------

'Our design teams collaborate closely with the leagues and the individual teams. Each team chose the alternate logo they wanted us to use and we worked with them to bring each design to life in a way their players, coaches, and fans would appreciate”, Shanahan explained.

----------

Do they think we're dumb? By far, many of these are illegible garbage. How can they lie to our face? Can they say with a straight face that they brought some of these to life in a way we'd appreciate them? They're new and unique but that's as far as a compliment I will give them

-----

"Custom caps and logos are on trend right now and that guided our thinking as we developed this collection”, said Shanahan. “We saw a unique opportunity to combine the Authentic Cap logos with alternate logos to create something that hasn’t been done before. We worked hand-in-hand with the teams and they were really excited about the way their logos came together.”

------

You made for a great laugh Tim Shanahan.

If MLB thinks so lowly of It's fan bases tastes, I can't wait for the special edition holiday caps about to be announced. 

The same ones who brought illegible players weekend uniforms are bringing out all this new stuff. New Era has become a joke. Can Nike save them?

Archived